Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Schmoopsie Poo!
I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky!

Prince and Princess Dinner

Is the Prince and Princess Menu found only on the new ships? Or does it serve as formal night on the Magic as well?? We've been on the Wonder for our last two cruises, and we love the Golden Mickeys menu on formal night. When we sail on the Magic, will Prince and Princess be served instead?? A thread listed this menu as formal night for her.
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Our Wonder-ful Mexican Riviera TR!
The "Better Late than Never" Halloween/Sweet Sixteen TR!
Schmoopsie Poo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Since the Magic no longer had the Golden Mickeys show, it doesn't do the Golden Mickeys menu. We had Prince and Princess on the Magic in December.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Schmoopsie Poo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Since the Magic no longer had the Golden Mickeys show, it doesn't do the Golden Mickeys menu. We had Prince and Princess on the Magic in December.
What show does it have instead? Thanks!
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The Magic has Twice Charmed, Villains, and Disney Dreams. Fantasy has Wishes, Believe, and Aladdin. The last time I was on the Wonder, it had Disney Dreams, Golden Mickeys, and Toy Story (but that's been a while.)
Old 05-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Schmoopsie Poo!

Thanks so much! That's so helpful!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

Do the girls dress up in princess dresses and what about little boys what do they do? Just wanting to make sure I pack what is needed so I do need to run to BBB.
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
Do the girls dress up in princess dresses and what about little boys what do they do? Just wanting to make sure I pack what is needed so I do need to run to BBB.
They certainly do:

Little boys can dress up, too. I've seen Peter Pan, and Prince Charming. Or a suit.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

The Dream doesn't have the Prince and Princess dinner. At least not on the 3 and 4-night cruises, not sure about the 5-night. It has the 3 regular restaurant menu dinners (3-night) and the Pirate Night dinner (4-night).

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
b080972
Mouseketeer

Does anyone back from the 8 night bahama cruise from New York got a copy of the prince and princess dinner menu please.
West Caribbean Voyager of the Seas March 2005
East caribbean Explorer of the Seas April 2006
West Mediterranian Nav of the Seas June 2007
East Mediterranian Nav of the Seas Sept 2008
Baltic Cruise Jewel of the Seas Aug 2009
Bahamas Cruise Disney Magic July 20th 2012

Read and post cruise reviews

b080972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
DIS Veteran

8 night NYC did have the Prince/Princess menu on formal night. It has replaced the Golden Mickey Menu...

The best I can do for you. Just got off the ship a week ago, so its current (at least for 2012~) I hope you can enlarge the pics so you can read it! So hard to tell how well the words will come out on those little camera screens!

Multiple Disney Trips (both Pre-EPCOT and Post-EPCOT) as a child Wedding at WDW Wedding Pavillion/GF 10/99 Disneyland: 4 trips Disney World: 10 trips Disney Magic: 6 sailings Disney Wonder: 2 sailings WE ARE ALMOST PLATINUM!
Mom2PrincessesLinSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Prince and Princess is the name of the dinner menu. You are welcome to dress up in appropriate costume if you wish, but it is not required or expected. Some kids dress up every night. We met one young lady in the theater who told us that she had a different princess dress for each night of the cruise; I secretly was glad that I wasn't the mom packing all her finery.

The suggested attire for the night is formal...and anyone who has been on the boards for long knows how that goes--anything from ball gowns to jeans!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Prince and Princess is the name of the dinner menu. You are welcome to dress up in appropriate costume if you wish, but it is not required or expected. Some kids dress up every night. We met one young lady in the theater who told us that she had a different princess dress for each night of the cruise; I secretly was glad that I wasn't the mom packing all her finery.
I agree. That would be an entire suitcase just for Princess outfits for my 2 girls!! UGH!!

It was a nice addition to see the servers in sashes. Nice little touch

Multiple Disney Trips (both Pre-EPCOT and Post-EPCOT) as a child Wedding at WDW Wedding Pavillion/GF 10/99 Disneyland: 4 trips Disney World: 10 trips Disney Magic: 6 sailings Disney Wonder: 2 sailings WE ARE ALMOST PLATINUM!
Mom2PrincessesLinSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #13
Dislaney4n6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by b080972 View Post
Does anyone back from the 8 night bahama cruise from New York got a copy of the prince and princess dinner menu please.
Google 'Disney Magic Menus'. You will find the information you are seeking. I can't post the link to the site I use b/c it is blocked for some reason... a reason I have yet to figure out
Old 07-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
The Dream doesn't have the Prince and Princess dinner. At least not on the 3 and 4-night cruises, not sure about the 5-night. It has the 3 regular restaurant menu dinners (3-night) and the Pirate Night dinner (4-night).
The five night does not have this either.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
WhitGB
DIS Veteran

Pirate and Princess

I can only give you the information I have read since I have one done a 3 night and 4 night which don't have the princess dinner.

From what I understand it is not like pirate night with everything themed around it and an entire night of events. (party/bandanas/fireworks). But incorporated into formal night. There are children that dress the part but there are also people that don't even know it is occuring until they see the theme of the menu. Once again, unlike Pirate night.

I may have to dig myself up a tirara (or discretely borrow one from the kids stash). Then again, I would like so family photos for a xmas card and I don't know about the tiara

WhitGB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: