Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #91
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your ticket window experience does not sound fun. Ugh. Some people, I tell ya!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. It always feels extremely surreal to finally be at a park for the first time on a trip!

Those kids sound ridiculous. But the new husband is hilarious!

That bird topiary IS really cool. Wow!

It definitely takes a few minutes for the realization to sink in that you're in Disney. There's just something so special and exciting about entering the park for the first time on that trip. I always love reading about those moments on TRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
That's so funny about your mom saying they gave her a new husband.

YAY for annual passes!

I have to admit...I love having annual passes. It's going to be hard to see it expire next May, because it's now given Alex and I the excuse to take short trips down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Yay! You finally got in the park!

I loved that peacock, too. It was so cool!

It felt like it took forever, but I was "officially" on vacation, in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
More often than not, Epcot has been my first park on Disney trips! I love it so much, absolutely my favourite park. And no better way to start it off than with Spaceship Earth!

It seems to be the first park favorite for me, as well. I guess it's because you can either hit it really hard, ride a bunch of rides, etc or take it nice and slow. Lots of variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for finally getting into a park! There is nothing better than walking into the first park of your Disney trip! And I agree, 7 months is WAY too long between trips!

I loved the Fantasia topiaries, but I also really love the movie Fantasia! I wasn't happy to hear the Fantasia music playing in the entrance area, though, I missed the Epcot entrance loop. Still, it's a minor complaint!

That peacock topiary is so cute! I wish it was there all year!

Walking into the first park of the trip is one of my favorites of each vacation. You go in knowing you have so much time ahead of you, and you just know that you're about to make amazing memories and have a ton of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I get that surreal feeling ! "I'm IN Disney" sounds through my head the whole time we are there. It's so weird. But I love it.

Great start to Epcot !

It is a common feeling. Everything around you just seems to extraordinary, that you have a hard time believing you're actually seeing and hearing and experiencing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I felt the same way about that peacock topiary! I made Shanleigh take a picture of me on the first day, I thought it was gorgeous We clearly have exceptional taste you and I

Agreed! It was a beautiful topiary, and I felt like it really showed the talent involved in creating the Flower and Garden Festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
LOL @ "they gave me a new husband!" That is too funny.

I do the same thing as you, practically running toward the park gates. I constantly have to stop and wait for everyone to catch up with me. Grrr.

I thought of you and your TR this weekend. We were at International Plaza in Tampa around lunchtime, trying to decide where to eat, and I suggested Earl of Sandwich. I got the Full Montagu, but sadly I didn't care for it. I guess EoS just isn't my cup of tea. Oh, well ... at least I gave it another go!

I don't get why everyone has to be so slow near the entrance. We're going to Disney for pete's sake!

Ahh, sorry about the Early of Sandwich letdown. At least now you know not to waste your energy there while in Disney, more time for things you do like!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #92
wakica
DIS Veteran

yay! I was so excited to hear your heading down this weekend!!! You must be so excited!!! i'm jealous lol.

That packet pick up clue SUCKED!!! I don't know ANYONE that figured it out! What was the deal with that?? To get everyone worked up?? lol. Luckily I didn't see it so it didn't bother me in the least bit

I can totally relate on you being steps ahead of everyone else in the park. At home I'm the relaxed laid back one that doesn't want to rush ever if I don't have to but once I hit a park ... well actually to be honest it starts first thing in the morning with getting up! LOL that I'm steps ahead of EVERYONE! The laid back, usually sleeping in gal that I usually am disappears and I'm hounding everyone out of bed, hurry hurry hurrying them through breakfast, pack lunch and bags myself bc I can't wait any longer for them and then always speeding and steps ahead of everyone in the parks leading the way. HAHA. So, I had to giggle when I read how you were steps ahead of them and had to go back.

Me dh dd(16)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #93
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
yay! I was so excited to hear your heading down this weekend!!! You must be so excited!!! i'm jealous lol.

That packet pick up clue SUCKED!!! I don't know ANYONE that figured it out! What was the deal with that?? To get everyone worked up?? lol. Luckily I didn't see it so it didn't bother me in the least bit

I can totally relate on you being steps ahead of everyone else in the park. At home I'm the relaxed laid back one that doesn't want to rush ever if I don't have to but once I hit a park ... well actually to be honest it starts first thing in the morning with getting up! LOL that I'm steps ahead of EVERYONE! The laid back, usually sleeping in gal that I usually am disappears and I'm hounding everyone out of bed, hurry hurry hurrying them through breakfast, pack lunch and bags myself bc I can't wait any longer for them and then always speeding and steps ahead of everyone in the parks leading the way. HAHA. So, I had to giggle when I read how you were steps ahead of them and had to go back.

It was probably a good thing you missed the sample clue. It made my mom start worrying about the race.

It's so hard to keep calm when you know you're about to enter WDW! There's time for sleeping in and eating later!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #94
amazingact21
Upendi

Too Good to be True

I am going to try and post an update sometime this weekend, but I won't make any promises. My mother's birthday was last week, and I got her tickets to a charity dance event at my college. It's featuring dancers from the show Dancing with the Stars, which my mom, me, and my two aunts watch together as a way to visit and make small talk. So, I'll be busy with all that fun stuff tonight and tomorrow morning, leaving me away from my computer.

Even though I don't have an official update, I just had to say that sometimes, when things feel too good to be true, they probably are.

Tuesday afternoon, Alex and I called and booked our room for this Saturday night. Managed to get our first resort choice, All Star Movies. This was complete luck on our part; we figured 5 days out there'd be nothing available, especially at the values.

The trip was set in stone, but even up until this morning, I couldn't wrap my head around it. I tried to imagine myself in the parks, riding Thunder Mtn, watching Wishes, and it just wasn't happening.

I probably had some intuition or something, because Alex called me from work about 30 minutes ago saying he has a meeting next week that he absolutely cannot get out of. (Found out about it yesterday) He spoke with several of his bosses, but they all stood their ground and told him he has to be there.

I'm waiting on him to call me back so we can discuss our next course of action, but what I'll probably do is call Disney and ask them to transfer our dates to sometime in August. When we called to book the room, we asked what would happen if we couldn't make it (yet again, another sign that I was worried) and the CM promised us that we'd be able to move our reservation to another time, and that, at most, we might lose 50 dollars.

It's a huge bummer that we won't be going to Disney this weekend, but seeings as this was supposed to just be a weekend getaway, I'm not losing too much sleep over it. I still have 11 months to use my APs, and Alex's boss is pretty accomodating, so there's a tiny chance we can switch our 3 day weekend to another date. Fingers crossed!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #96
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, I'm sorry that you can't go this weekend. It's good that you're positive about it and that you can still go sometime this summer though!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #97
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Sorry your weekend get-away fell through! But, yay for a fun birthday night for your mom!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #98
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your weekend .. hopefully you'll get there real soon !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #99
wakica
DIS Veteran

awe I'm sad you won't be going this weekend but glad you are still able to plan a trip very soon. Maybe you'll have to do something special anyway this weekend to make sure you don't have a "missed Disney trip" funk. LOL. Dinner and a movie or something else special?? I don't have a clue what is special around your area (we have a mineral spa almost an hour drive away so that's where we go for special times) so not sure what's available to you to avoid the funk but there's got to be something right??

Me dh dd(16)
Old 06-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #100
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Uggg, the military can ruin the best laid plans! I'm so sorry you had to cancel, but I hope you can go again soon!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #101
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you're not going on your Disney trip. Hopefully you will get to go later this summer! That might actually be better, less crowds right?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #102
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Boooo. I'm sorry you didn't get to go on your weekend getaway, but here's hoping you can take a slightly longer trip in a couple of months!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 06-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #103
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
That stinks, Alicia! I'm really sorry that things didn't work out, but very glad to know that you may be able to switch it to August!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww, I'm sorry that you can't go this weekend. It's good that you're positive about it and that you can still go sometime this summer though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Sorry your weekend get-away fell through! But, yay for a fun birthday night for your mom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Sorry about your weekend .. hopefully you'll get there real soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
awe I'm sad you won't be going this weekend but glad you are still able to plan a trip very soon. Maybe you'll have to do something special anyway this weekend to make sure you don't have a "missed Disney trip" funk. LOL. Dinner and a movie or something else special?? I don't have a clue what is special around your area (we have a mineral spa almost an hour drive away so that's where we go for special times) so not sure what's available to you to avoid the funk but there's got to be something right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Uggg, the military can ruin the best laid plans! I'm so sorry you had to cancel, but I hope you can go again soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm sorry you're not going on your Disney trip. Hopefully you will get to go later this summer! That might actually be better, less crowds right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Boooo. I'm sorry you didn't get to go on your weekend getaway, but here's hoping you can take a slightly longer trip in a couple of months!

Thanks, everyone! Alex and I were a bit bummed about not getting away, but we still had a good weekend. Went minature golfing, and I took my dad out to eat for Father's Day.

We had to call Disney and move our reservations, which was an adventure. We couldn't do it in July, because Alex has a weeklong trip for work, and in September we already have to take a few days off for anniversaries/birthdays/and family visits.
So, we had to pick the easiest dates, which were Sept. 30th-October 2nd. Kind of random times to go, but we figured why not? It'll be near the time of our cruise/Disneymoon, and by October it'll be cooler out.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #104
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Thanks, everyone! Alex and I were a bit bummed about not getting away, but we still had a good weekend. Went minature golfing, and I took my dad out to eat for Father's Day.

We had to call Disney and move our reservations, which was an adventure. We couldn't do it in July, because Alex has a weeklong trip for work, and in September we already have to take a few days off for anniversaries/birthdays/and family visits.

So, we had to pick the easiest dates, which were Sept. 30th-October 2nd. Kind of random times to go, but we figured why not? It'll be near the time of our cruise/Disneymoon, and by October it'll be cooler out.
Also, it's Food & Wine time! By far my favorite time to be at WDW.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 06-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #105
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Aww too bad about your weekend plans. At least it doesn't sound too hard to re-schedule!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: