Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #391
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post

Why, hello, Epcot’s 30th birthday tshirt, I see you there!

LOOK AT YOUR LITTLE BUMP!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Our Ever Changing Wishes PJ
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #392
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hahaha good for you guys for attempting the kitchen sink! I don't think I would like the mystery of each bite. I tend to like to know exactly what I'm biting into. I can't believe they make a big deal when you order! Oh my, another reason I probably never will.

The mystery part of the dish was a little unnerving, but it was worse that all the tastes didn't blend together. I mean, at least with sundaes, you usually get complimentary flavors. Not with the Kitchen sink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleinpink View Post
LOOK AT YOUR LITTLE BUMP!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. It popped up out of nowhere. One minute my pants fit, the next, Boom!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #393
amazingact21
Upendi

Jambo!

So, I had to post a small tidbit of good news before the actual update. Looks like Alex and I are definitely taking a day trip to Disney next month. Most likely December 16th. For awhile, I was worried that I wouldn’t get to use my annual pass again before it expires (May 5th). However, we’ll be in the area for Alex’s sister’s graduation, and we figured we’d throw the offer out to his family to join us. We told them we’d help get some military discounted tickets and that we’d have free parking due to our passes.

As of right now, it appears that it’ll be myself, Alex, both his sisters, his brother, his sister’s best friend, and his sister’s boyfriend. A bigger group than we imagined, but we were able to handle CityWalk last year without too many all out fights. And at least with others going, Alex can go ride coasters with someone. Meanwhile, I’ll shop until I drop.

I am a tad bit worried about going with non-Disney fanatics, though. None of Alex’s family has seen us in the world before; they know we love it, but they haven’t witnessed the nuttiness first hand. I’m scared to see how it goes. I mean, I have 3 major goals. See the new Fantasyland, (although if this doesn’t happen I won’t be too disappointed, because it’ll give me something to look forward to in the future) letting Alex ride the new Test Track, and seeing the Osbourne Lights.

We shall see how it all goes…. (Writing about December reminded me that I have yet to post anything about our October trip. Ugh. I am very sorry about that. I have all the photos edited and organized, just need to write the updates.)

May 8th Bright and Early:

Yet another new Disney day had arrived!

It’s always great waking up in a Disney resort, because you have that split second where the realization hits you that you’re in Walt Disney World and are on vacation. (I have to say, it’s even better when your husband’s gone and you get a whole bed to yourself for a night.)

My mom and I got ready really quickly for two women. She hopped in the shower while I went to get coffee, and we drank them while eating some banana bread and reviewing the day’s plans.

For that morning, we were headed right around the corner to:

Aside from the EE 5K Challenge, I hadn’t visited Animal Kingdom in over a year, (poor Alex has yet to go back for a day trip.) and I was really excited to make this a slow day. I wanted my mom and I to take our time, not rush ourselves, cherish the joy of being in one of the happiest places on earth together.

I drove us to the park, got ushered into a spot dang near the end of the row, and felt like I was competing in another 5K race just to get out of the lot.

Here’s the obligatory lot number:

We reached the entrance at 8:45. Not too shabby for us.

If there’s one thing I love about AK, it’s the theme. The greenery, the animal placements, the welcoming colors. Everytime I make it to the entrance sign, I remember why this park is so cool.

I really need to work on visiting AK more often.

“Hey Mom, turn to me and smile…yes, yes, the sun is in your eyes, I know. Do it anyways, please.”

The very first thing I noticed about being with my mother versus Alex was that I could stop and take my time. My husband is very focused in that he wants to get his morning FP, ride whatever other ride he wants, then after all that we can stop and smell the roses. My mother, on the other hand, had no issue with not running to an attraction.

It was doing wonders for our mission to have a slow day.

Once we did get in the park, the two of us had to take a picture or two of the Tree of Life.

We even stopped for a Photopass picture:

This was pre-sweat like a pig a.m. Don’t worry, that time arrived shortly enough, but even in the hottest park in the hottest May known to man, it was still early enough the sun hadn’t risen high enough in the sky to melt us.

I veered my mom ahead and began walking past several fun spots.

“Remember 2 nights ago, when we ran through here on our 5K?!”

“Well, you and Alex ran…I powerwalked.”

Way to kill my mini-celebration, Mother. Whatever. It was still a lot of fun, and I’m thrilled to know that we passed something during a time not many others have been during.

Hmmph.

Oooh, a giraffe statue. I need a photo!

I should explain that after Alex proposed to me in front of giraffes, it’s been a thing for me to take a picture in front of any kind of giraffe statue. Amusingly enough, the condo my in-laws rented for our wedding and where they had our reherseal dinner was decked out in giraffe motif. I can’t ever get away! I also get figurine giraffes on a regular basis. And giraffe print clothes. It never ends…

My mom and I had dawdled away ten/fifteen minutes, easily, but we weren’t concerned. Yes, I was taking her to get FPs, but based on the empty park, I knew we’d get a good time no matter when we showed up.

See?

I wish the race had looked like that…

Once we entered Africa, a whole new atmosphere hit us. There was festive music going, tons of CMs standing around saying good morning and being extremely welcoming. One even had a musical instrument.

Everywhere we turned, we heard, “Jambo!”

Jambo!”

It was impossible not to be giddy with happiness. I dare someone to walk through that group and not break a smile. An unfeasible task.

Eventually, we reached our destination and got:

Two FPs for KS. With really good times, in our opinion.

It gave us plenty of time to meander over to Asia for me to take a turn on a certain mountain. Orginally, I hadn’t planned on riding Everest, but with a little over an hour to kill and an empty park around us, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

On our way, I told my mom to be on the lookout for a Hidden Mickey, since she enjoyed spotting them.

We also got a much better view of the Tree of Life, where we could spot a few animals on the trunk.

We still had the park pretty much to ourselves when we entered Asia:

Ahh, there’s the mountain!

We got to the front of the ride entrance and, to my surprise, the standby time was 5 minutes. That was less than during the after-party at the race.

Finally, my walk-on Everest experience! A few days late and during an unexpected time, but I’d take it.

To my surprise, my mom said she’d join me. The first time she rode it, she said the backwards part was a little too intense for her, but on this morning she was fresh, rejuvenated from a decent night’s sleep, and feeling adventurous.

Most of the queue was roped off; we basically went from the entrance into the yeti artifact room.

I had a blast on Everest, and while it was still a bit much for my mom, so did she. However, once was enough for her. She offered to wait near the exit, if I felt like going again.

With no wait, how could I turn that down?

I went through the single rider line, since that had just opened and made it immediately to the loading area.

They sat me with this boy who, I swear, was so incredibly uncomfortable I don’t see how he could have enjoyed the ride at all. You could just tell he was looking at me thinking, “Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!” I got the sideways eye stare the whole time. I mean, my major is education, I know how to read kids’ cues and know when they are stressed, and this kid was certainly not over the moon at being sat next to this adult woman with a 5 pound lanyard around her neck.

I felt kinda bad about the whole situation, because I know if I was in the kid’s position, I’d have felt the exact same way. I tried to make him feel less uncomfortable by moving to the far right as I possibly could and by laughing during all the fun drops. By the end, I think he realized I wasn’t a danger to him and started enjoying the ride, but still…probably not one of his favorite vacation memories.

Not my fault, Kid, talk to the CM.

I still had a good time, and when I found my mom on a bench afterwards, we spotted said little boy asking his parents if he could ride again. Alls well that ends well, I suppose.

My mom told me I could go on Everest again if I wanted, it was still walk-on, and I considered it. But then I remembered that this was supposed to be an easy going day, and I didn’t want to tire myself going on coasters while my mom sat around and twiddled her thumbs.

So, I bid EE adieu and headed out of Asia.

Had to stop for a couple pictures in front of the mountain first, though.

I was so excited to be having such an awesome morning.

I just knew it was going to be a fantastic mother/daughter day, and we were off to use our Safari FPs. The goal was for my mom to see some animals. The last time she went on KS (in ’98) it was the middle of the day in July.

Yikes. You can imagine how many animals were roaming around and playing then. My mom needed a second chance on the safari, and I was about to give it to her!

Up Next…Anyone, anyone?
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #394
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

First, I loved the story of you and Alex shopping for Baby stuff... You know that you really have Dis diehards when you're making sure the baby's supplies are Dis friendly...

Ahhh... the Kitchen Sink... I've seen it from afar... have never gotten it... I may live vicariously through you because I too dislike that kind of fuss... So does DD...hmmmm DS might enjoy it...(I'd think about it for him) and I LOVE the No Way Jose... It looks like a fun thing to experience at least once though......

I'm sorry the rain poncho story was funny... (I'm usually the one doing that kind of thing so it's nice to be on the other side for a change...)

SAD when Alex left...

It does sound nice to be able to experience AK in a "different" way though... the whole stop and smell the roses thing... My DH is similar about getting to stuff... I really think it's a bit of a hunter/gather thing... Men have to track and "hunt" down the attractions... stopping to smell the roses doesn't so much fit into that picture...

I feel sorry for both you and the little boy on EE- that's awkward for both of you... him because of the stranger thing and you-well because of course you don't want to make a child uncomfortable... It's a shame...

Hurray for Upcoming Safari although Anyone, Anyone doesn't sound too good...

Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #395
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

AHHHH, ANIMAL KINGDOM. That really sounds like such an awesome morning!

I understand the kid's point of view, I always feel a little awkward sitting next to a random person on a ride. But if you're not even gonna enjoy it, what's the point? Haha I guess the kid enjoyed it enough, though!

-Marissa
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #396
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the new baby!!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #397
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
First, I loved the story of you and Alex shopping for Baby stuff... You know that you really have Dis diehards when you're making sure the baby's supplies are Dis friendly...

Ahhh... the Kitchen Sink... I've seen it from afar... have never gotten it... I may live vicariously through you because I too dislike that kind of fuss... So does DD...hmmmm DS might enjoy it...(I'd think about it for him) and I LOVE the No Way Jose... It looks like a fun thing to experience at least once though......

I'm sorry the rain poncho story was funny... (I'm usually the one doing that kind of thing so it's nice to be on the other side for a change...)

SAD when Alex left...

It does sound nice to be able to experience AK in a "different" way though... the whole stop and smell the roses thing... My DH is similar about getting to stuff... I really think it's a bit of a hunter/gather thing... Men have to track and "hunt" down the attractions... stopping to smell the roses doesn't so much fit into that picture...

I feel sorry for both you and the little boy on EE- that's awkward for both of you... him because of the stranger thing and you-well because of course you don't want to make a child uncomfortable... It's a shame...

Hurray for Upcoming Safari although Anyone, Anyone doesn't sound too good...

The No Way Jose is delicious, usually one of my two choices whenever I got to Beaches and Cream.

I can only imagine how ridiculous I looked with the whole poncho situation; I'm sure if I was a passerby I would've been rolling.

It must be a guy thing.... But I don't mind too much, because in the end, Alex does get us great FPs and frees up our time to ride multiple coasters in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
AHHHH, ANIMAL KINGDOM. That really sounds like such an awesome morning!

I understand the kid's point of view, I always feel a little awkward sitting next to a random person on a ride. But if you're not even gonna enjoy it, what's the point? Haha I guess the kid enjoyed it enough, though!

I always hate when you go through the single rider line and the person you are sat with doesn't know they fill the seats. They give you this look, like, "What the heck are you doing? Don't sit next to me!" I got that everytime I rode RNRC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Congratulations on the new baby!!

Thank you.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #398
amazingact21
Upendi

Anyone, Anyone?

May 8th Mid Morning:

My mom and I had just departed Asia in my last update and were on our way to use our Fastpasses. It was nearing 10 o’clock when we reached the Safari entrance, and taking a peek at the standby line made my mom and I were very happy to have had FPs. I endured a 60 minute standby line once with Alex, but it was in that really cold December, and so the cool weather kept us calm and patient.

There was no way my mom and I were going to stand in the direct sunlight with the humidity as high as it was.

No chance at all.

The two of began our journey through the impossibly long FP line, receiving tons of dirty stares as we walked past guests.

I always forget that you can take strollers through a portion of the line. Smart thinking on Disney’s part. There’s no way some kids could stand around in the heat for hours.

Even with our Fastpasses, there was a bit of a line near the end, and my mom and I stood around for probably fifteen minutes or so. I, naturally, passed the time by taking silly pictures.

I can see my mother rolling her eyes and groaning when she sees this picture. Sorry, Mom, had to show how much fun we were having.

Because we were.

Having fun, that is.

It was refreshing being able to visit with my mom, knowing neither of us had to rush back home or get to class or worry about the drive back from one another’s place. (We live about 45 minutes apart.)

Plus, not going to lie, it was exciting having my mom all to myself. I grew the middle child, the only girl between two boys, and I was used to having one or both of my brothers tag along wherever we went. When you grow up with siblings, be it one or twelve, you always have to steel yourself for the possibility that someone else might hop in the car last minute, or a shopping trip might get cut short because someone’s baseball practice let out early, or a movie night will be postponed because a certain brother forgot that they needed supplies for a class party the following morning.

It’s the joy of having siblings, and don’t get me wrong, I love my brothers. I wouldn’t trade them for the world. I’ve been begging my younger brother to go to Disney for years, it’s just sharing the parents is one of those things you learn to deal with. Like fighting each other for the bathroom on a school morning. And I’m sure it’ll get easier once all of us have finished school and moved out of the house, but as of right now, my younger brother is still in high school, so I always catch that chance of him being there when I drop by.

So, to get to spend time with my mom, uninterrupted, 500 miles away from everyone else, well it caused a certain sense of glee to wash over me. I got to point out little things here and there without waiting for someone else to finish their train of thought and make little comments like, “You know if Isaac were here, he would’ve wanted to go Everest all morning. We would’ve never made it over here.”

I loved the mother/daughter time while it was happening, but looking back on it now, I appreciate it so much more. With all the big changes going on in my life, there’s no telling when or if my mom and I will ever get a Disney trip to ourselves ever again, and I am so grateful we got to spend one of our mornings roaming about Animal Kingdom.

We eventually did make it to a ride vehicle and were seated in the first row.

My best attempt at MEK’s traditional mirror shot. Think I’ll leave it to her….

I sat my mom on the outside of the row so she could see better, so my animal shots aren’t fantastic, but you all have been on the safari enough times to know what’s along the tour.

Hello, Bird, if I weren’t touring a WDW park right now, I’d be in the same mindset as you, chilling out near the water.

My favorite animal on the tour….only this time we couldn’t visit long, because this particular giraffe kept wanting to say hello to our car.

Managing to capture the elephant’s best side…

And now, for the DISboard trip reports million dollar question…did we see the lions???

They are pesky little felines and love to hide out from all us curious guests.

However, this time one of them was cooperating and was laying on top of the rock as we rode past.

Even our tour guide was amazed. They kept saying, “Now look to your left, folks, we have a RARE treat this morning.”

I have to give this lion some credit, though, they really saved our entire ride.

For some reason, the other guests in the car could’ve cared less that they were on a safari tour. I mean, they had no emotion whatsoever.

Our poor, poor tour guide tried desperately to get someone to talk or ask a question or even make a comment, but nobody peeped out a single word.

You could just hear the CM silently screaming, “Anyone? Is anyone there?! Am I on this thing alone??”

I threw the poor sap a bone by answering the question, “Does anyone know what lion means in Swahili?”

When I mumbled the answer, the guy shouted, “THAT’S RIGHT! SIMBA!!! IT MEANS SIMBA!”

Talk about pulling at straws….

When we got to the end of the ride (minus the whole poacher storyline, woot woot) I made sure to thank the guy for his informative tour, just to let him know that SOMEBODY in that group of 16-20 people were listening.

By the time my mom and I were back on one of the sidewalks, I looked at the time, saw it was almost 11 o’clock, and decided we should go see Festival of the Lion King next. After all, it is my favorite thing to do in AK, and I couldn’t let my mom miss seeing it while we were there.

Unfortunately for us, we are a very directionally-challenged group of women and shortly got mixed up on where to go.

My mother, *GASP*, had to actually pull out a map and double check our location.

The first time the whole trip.

At least we were smart enough to pick one up on our way in, anticipating this would happen.

With the good ol’ map’s help, the two of us did find the Camp Minnie Mickey from where we were at, and I realized that if I was going to sit through an almost hour long show, I needed some food first.

Right next to the waiting area for FotLK was a funnel cake kiosk, and I convinced my mom to split a cinnamon one with me.

Oh, delicious, doughy, sugary funnel cake, how tasty you were. It was the perfect amount for two people, since neither of us wanted to fill up before lunch, and we had found a nice shaded spot to stand and devour the treat while watching other guests file into the line.

We took our time eating, then made our way to the holding area next to the entrance doors.

We ended up in the third or fourth row in the giraffe section, which wasn’t bad at all.

The two of us began watching, and of course I started snapping photos. In the middle of the tumbler monkey routine:

I heard something snap and fall in my hands. Up to that point, my lens cap on my camera had been feeling really loose when I pushed down on the snaps to take it on and off the lens.

I knew immediately that whatever had just broken off had something to do with my lens cap. I spent a few moments feeling around my feet, trying to find what had fallen off, but it was too dark to see anything. I told myself to just get through the rest of the show, enjoy it, and then look for the piece once the lights came back on.

My favorite part of the whole show.

Who can beat that finale? It’s so festive and upbeat and celebratory. I leave wanting to dance and sing, and my mom loved it as well. She said those performers had to have one of the coolest jobs in WDW. True point…

When the lights came back on and everyone started streaming out, I inspected my camera to see what was wrong and realized my cap wasn’t going on the lens at all. After closer inspection, I saw that one of the two tiny plastic springs that depresses down when you push on the outside handles and snaps back on the lens to keep it on had broken off.

I knew there was nothing I could do to fix the problem and didn’t even bother looking for the broken piece. Instead, I put the camera over my neck and covered the lens with my left hand.

I was relieved that nothing on the actual camera had broken, but I became paranoid that I’d scratch the lens without a cover. I couldn’t imagine carrying the camera the rest of the trip, going on rides, jostling it in lines, without something hitting it.

Back outside, I took the lens off, put the camera part in my bag, and carried the lens like a baby. My mom suggested I wrap it in a towel or a shirt when we got back to the room, but until then I was on high alert. I figured we needed to do something safe and cautious next while I overcame my temporary panic.

What’s safe and cautionary?

Well, it was nearing 12:30 and watching other people dance and do gymnastics had worn off our funnel cake (), so we both agreed it was time to eat!

Up Next…It’s Like Free Entertainment.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #399
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh man. I wish I could sit and watch Festival of the Lion King right now. And all the time. Why is that show so stinking good?

Sorry about your camera troubles.

-Marissa
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #400
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Your mother daughter time sounds great! I wish my mom would be able to go to Disney with my sister and I someday, but I just feel like it will never happen, she refuses to fly for one thing, and she's just not really healthy enough right now either.

Yay FOTLK!!! I love it so much! I always leave wishing I could sing and dance too. Well, the dancing part isn't the problem, I took dance lessons my whole life, but I can't sing to save my life!

Ugh sorry about your camera, but at least it wasn't anything important, right?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #401
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm so glad you were having an awesome morning at AK. I agree, stopping to take in the details is the best way to do that park, there are so many wonderful things to see!

It is so nice you got some one-on-one time with your mom! I understand what you mean, growing up with two brothers myself, but I assure you, Mom, Daughter and baby time is equally fun!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #402
BennyFedora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
They sat me with this boy who, I swear, was so incredibly uncomfortable I don’t see how he could have enjoyed the ride at all. You could just tell he was looking at me thinking, “Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!” I got the sideways eye stare the whole time. I mean, my major is education, I know how to read kids’ cues and know when they are stressed, and this kid was certainly not over the moon at being sat next to this adult woman with a 5 pound lanyard around her neck.
A few trips ago Joyce and I had just finished an adult beverage filled long series of Kim Possible missions in Epcot when we decided to go through the single-rider line at Test Track. There was a family of 5 in front of us that took up the 3 front seats and then the 2 outside seats in the second row. Joyce was supposed to get in that car as well, but one of the kids tried to buckle his backpack into the middle seat. Joyce then says, "single rider line"....the child looks confused..."Single Rider Line"......."SINGLE RIDER LINE!" as Joyce starts climbing in the car. The boy moved to the middle seat with his bag and Joyce won.

OK, so it may not have been as crazy/creepy as that, but it was something like that, and whenever we see or get in a SRL, I always yell "SINGLE RIDER LINE!"
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #403
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

I just found your TR and was hooked after reading the first post. My DS (17) and I will be going on our 7th trip to WDW Jan 2013 but for THE FIRST TIME EVER my hubby is coming along. It has just never been his thing and he has been happy to stay home and let our trips be Mother-Son time. I have been seriously stressed out that I will spend the whole vacation worrying whether or not my hubby is having a good time! I've only read a few posts so far but I'm really enjoying it and eventually I'll get caught up (maybe even today, I have the day off ).

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #404
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I missed two updates! Boo. And now I am reading without pictures so I can't see the MEK relfection in the mirror picture. Double boo!

So - wait - the lion was out and no one was excited. what is wrong with people?

Yeah for riding EE twice in a row! Fun day in AK.

I'll check back later today for pics.

I almost forgot - woo hoo for a 1 day trip! Love that you are getting to use your AP again.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #405
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I love how strollers are allowed through most of the queue of the Safari! It's always too bad when other people aren't as interested on that ride. Maybe there were a lot of foreigners? Once on the Safari, there were some kids who kept standing up and the CM eventually told them to sit down in Spanish.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: