Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #286
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I have to say that I completely agree with you! My ideal night at Disney is also dinner at the Poly (although I would choose Ohana, but I do love Kona too!), fireworks from the beach and then EMH until I drop!

I haven't been to an evening EMH in a long time, but it is one of the things I most look forward when my two boys get older.

Oh, your poor mom! I'm glad she was able to roll with the punches and not let it ruin her night! My DH got pooped on once in Frontierland, and we've never let him live it down! Those MK birds have good aim!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #287
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Well you've just described a perfect evening....Wishes from the Poly beach, followed by EvMH at Magic Kingdom. :

The bird story is gross, but just a little funny too. I'm glad you're mom was a good sport about it. Like you said-It's a memory!

Great picture of you and Alex all dressed up for the ball!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #288
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

You had my very favourite drink at the Poly....a pina colada....how I love thee. I also have had the magical star cocktail, which is my cocktail of choice at Captain's Grille!

Sounds like the most spectacular evening!!! Kona, the beach and fireworks, it does't get better than that

Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #289
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

What a great night! I have always wanted to watch Wishes from the Poly! I love taking the ferry over to MK from there too, it's so much easier than the monorail! I mean, I love the monorail but sometimes you just don't feel like waiting!

Oh no, your poor mom! Well hey, that's supposed to be good luck you know!

Yay, a DIS meet! (Please don't use that picture...or crop me out of it! )

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #290
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post

How can you NOT have a smile on your face after Wishes?

When you've been there for 7 months and you just watched Wishes! for the last time and you don't know when you'll be back.

Yup was definitely sobbing like a baby after Wishes! my last night as a CP. The best part was the tourist who, after seeing me and my friend bawling, said , "I mean it was good, and it gave me the chills, but it wasn't THAT emotional." She'll never understand.

Loving the report so far. Sorry I missed you when you came to visit

Our Ever Changing Wishes PJ
Old 09-19-2012, 04:43 AM   #291
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

“Alicia, we have to stay here one day. I don’t care how long we have to save up for, I’m staying at this resort.”

I can so easily see myself sitting here right now!

I am just now seeing that you have a report. I decided to first check in on the installment about one of my favorite places, the very lovely Polynesian Resort. I am so glad you were able to spend time with your mom wandering around and just letting her absorb the beauty and the atmosphere. Like she said to you, I have said to Jill. "We will stay here some day." We've eaten there many times, and we visit every trip to shop and walk along the beach. Sometimes we watch fireworks and EWP from the beach. But, we have not stayed there...yet.

Sitting on a swing on the beach listening to the sounds of boat horns, the water lapping on the shore, even hearing the castle show faintly in the distance.... Aaaaah!

The chairs, the floors, the rock walls, the flowers, the waterfalls - I pretty much love everything about both floors of the lobby.

And the shops, I love them, too!

And Kona and 'Ohana.

There is nothing I don't like about this place.

I have gold Mickey head earrings, too. I bet they're the same ones. I am 55 years old, but I am a kid when it comes to showing my Disney pride, and I wear them often.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-19-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #292
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to come back and see your picture from the military ball.

OMG - your poor mom - getting pooped on in the happiest place on Earth. that is certainly less than magical. I'm glad she took it in stride.

I can honestly say that I have never gone back into the MK during the mass exodus. That must be an interesting event. Good thing you stopped to have a little bit of people watching time.

Be back later to see pics.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #293
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Wow, this night just keeps better and better! I love it! I have to say I was so relaxed by seeing the pics and reading your lovely description of the boat ride over to MK! I'm sure it was nice to see all those people leaving the park while y'all were about to enter!!

Ok, I really tried not to laugh, but bless your Mom's heart, that was funny and terrible at the same time. And of all places to be and get pooped on! I can totally feel her pain though...when Mike and I were in the AK back in 2007, I somehow got pooped on by a bird and it landed on the bottom of my shirt. I didn't even realize it till I swiped my arm across my shirt and felt something wet. I was totally grossed out when I realize what it was. Needless to say, I took off like a bullet to the nearest restroom while Mike just rolled. I still curse those darn AK birds on every visit!

Oh, and lastly--great pic of you and Alex going to the ball-you look great together!

Oh no! What's up with these WDW birds? Are they out to get park guests? I guess the only upside was that it happened on the bottom of your shirt and not right smack dab in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I have to say that I completely agree with you! My ideal night at Disney is also dinner at the Poly (although I would choose Ohana, but I do love Kona too!), fireworks from the beach and then EMH until I drop!

I haven't been to an evening EMH in a long time, but it is one of the things I most look forward when my two boys get older.

Oh, your poor mom! I'm glad she was able to roll with the punches and not let it ruin her night! My DH got pooped on once in Frontierland, and we've never let him live it down! Those MK birds have good aim!
Evening magic hours are so much fun; it feels like you have the entire park to yourself!
The birds really do! Apparently, this happens more often than I knew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Well you've just described a perfect evening....Wishes from the Poly beach, followed by EvMH at Magic Kingdom. :

The bird story is gross, but just a little funny too. I'm glad you're mom was a good sport about it. Like you said-It's a memory!

Great picture of you and Alex all dressed up for the ball!
Thanks.
It was certainly a wonderful night so far. I was completely absorbed in the "Disney magic."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

You had my very favourite drink at the Poly....a pina colada....how I love thee. I also have had the magical star cocktail, which is my cocktail of choice at Captain's Grille!

Sounds like the most spectacular evening!!! Kona, the beach and fireworks, it does't get better than that

I've had my fair share of pina coladas, and I have to say, the one at the Poly was actually one of my favorites. It was even better than the one I had on our cruise, and they sort of specialize in fruity cocktails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
What a great night! I have always wanted to watch Wishes from the Poly! I love taking the ferry over to MK from there too, it's so much easier than the monorail! I mean, I love the monorail but sometimes you just don't feel like waiting!

Oh no, your poor mom! Well hey, that's supposed to be good luck you know!

Yay, a DIS meet! (Please don't use that picture...or crop me out of it! )
I didn't know that about the good luck, I'll have to let her know that! Maybe that's why we didn't hit any wait times that night.

Don't worry, I know you didn't use the photo in your TR, so I was going to remove you from it if I decided to post it. Next time, we'll have to remember to take more than 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleinpink View Post
When you've been there for 7 months and you just watched Wishes! for the last time and you don't know when you'll be back.

Yup was definitely sobbing like a baby after Wishes! my last night as a CP. The best part was the tourist who, after seeing me and my friend bawling, said , "I mean it was good, and it gave me the chills, but it wasn't THAT emotional." She'll never understand.

Loving the report so far. Sorry I missed you when you came to visit

Yeah, that had to be really rough. I mean, Wishes is already pretty emotional, but add to that the fact that you were saying goodbye to a place you dreamed about working in for years and years.
If that tourist only knew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I can so easily see myself sitting here right now!

I am just now seeing that you have a report. I decided to first check in on the installment about one of my favorite places, the very lovely Polynesian Resort. I am so glad you were able to spend time with your mom wandering around and just letting her absorb the beauty and the atmosphere. Like she said to you, I have said to Jill. "We will stay here some day." We've eaten there many times, and we visit every trip to shop and walk along the beach. Sometimes we watch fireworks and EWP from the beach. But, we have not stayed there...yet.

Sitting on a swing on the beach listening to the sounds of boat horns, the water lapping on the shore, even hearing the castle show faintly in the distance.... Aaaaah!

The chairs, the floors, the rock walls, the flowers, the waterfalls - I pretty much love everything about both floors of the lobby.

And the shops, I love them, too!

And Kona and 'Ohana.

There is nothing I don't like about this place.

I have gold Mickey head earrings, too. I bet they're the same ones. I am 55 years old, but I am a kid when it comes to showing my Disney pride, and I wear them often.

Oh, my love for the Poly just flared up reading your reply. It's such a gorgeous resort, and I think it has everything you'd want from a great Disney resort. Sights, sounds, food, stores....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't wait to come back and see your picture from the military ball.

OMG - your poor mom - getting pooped on in the happiest place on Earth. that is certainly less than magical. I'm glad she took it in stride.

I can honestly say that I have never gone back into the MK during the mass exodus. That must be an interesting event. Good thing you stopped to have a little bit of people watching time.

Be back later to see pics.

My mom was a better sport about it than I probably would've been. She just brushed it off and said, "I'm in Disney, I won't let this get to me."

This was our first time entering a park while everyone else was leaving. If we weren't a boat ride away and didn't love the extra 3 hours in MK as much as we do, we wouldn't have bothered. But, it turned out to not be that bad. The biggest problem was that we were constantly getting dirty looks from other guests, and we knew they were thinking, "Dumb tourists, they don't have a clue that the park is closed now. Who's so oblivious that they don't even check the times guide?"
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #294
amazingact21
Upendi

Big News

I hope everyone doesn’t mind, but I decided to post another off-topic update this evening. I only have 8 days left until I’m back in Disney, and I thought I’d give a quick overview of my plans.

But before I do that, I have to talk about something else that’s going on in my life right now. If you can remember, a few weeks back I posted a note about how insanely busy it is around here, and squished into that I said that anyone on my facebook had some extra inside information but that I was keeping it under wraps for the time being.

Well, on August 2nd, Alex found out he was being promoted. It was a great week, and the two of us didn’t think it could get any better. Then, exactly a week later, we got some more extremely unexpected news.

It came out of nowhere, and Alex and I are still surprised at the newest change in our lives.

What is it you may ask?

Well….

Meet the newest addition to the Disney family!

Yep. Alex and I are expanding our little family. To say we were a little surprised would be an understatement, but we’re very happy, and I can’t wait to begin creating a new Disney fanatic.

These pictures were taken earlier today after my first 10 week ultrasound, and I’m due on April 18th.

And yes, I have already daydreamed about a tentative first baby Disney vacation.

Gotta be prepared, right?

Okay, okay, now that the cat’s out of the bag (whew, and let me tell you, it was hard not to slip and say something in one of my trip updates the past month and a half) I can explain what is going to happen on this upcoming WDW vacation.

As all of you know, this “spontaneous” getaway has turned into a 3-month long adventure. Originally, we were supposed to go in June, just because I was desperately missing Thunder Mtn and needed a coaster fix. Then the dates had to be changed to the first week of October.

That turned out to be bad dates, as well. So, we pushed it forward a few days and now here we are. Sept. 28th-Oct. 1st.

The initial plan for this vacation was to ride all our favorite coasters, stuff ourselves silly at F&W, and stay up as late as we could each night.

Clearly, those plans had to change. I won’t lie, I am a little sad to miss Thunder Mtn again. After all, the attraction reopening after the refurb was one of the reasons I agreed to go on a weekend trip in the first place. However, now Alex and I have a much more laid-back plan and have agreed to go with the flow.

Alex has off on the 27th, so we’re going to pack our bags that morning and most likely go over to my mom’s for the night. We have to drop our dog off for her to babysit, and they live about 45 minutes closer to the interstate, so we’ll be shaving an hour off our drive time.

The goal is, since nobody has to go anywhere the day before, Alex and I will wake up ridiculously early (like 4am early) and I’ll go back to sleep in the car while Alex drives. I’m anticipating a lot of stops along the way, but we are hoping to get to WDW by 12:30/1:00ish.

We might go ahead and check into our resort, which is:

All Star Movies, and since we’re getting a Preferred Room, we are going to cross our fingers and hope that we end up in:

The Toy Story Section. I’m not holding my breath, but it would be really nice.

At 3:25pm that afternoon, we have a reservation at 50’s Prime Time Café. I have no appetite whatsoever now (have actually lost weight since start of pregnancy) and so this is our only table service restaurant of the trip. I figured we wouldn’t be too terribly hungry since we will most likely eat on the road, so the plan is to split an order of onion rings and probably the dish with the pot roast, meatloaf, and fried chicken.

Once done with the food, we’ll either stay in DHS for a bit or perhaps head over to DTD and do some shopping.

The next “hopefuls” for this vacation are pretty lenient and are just like they are being called…hopefuls. If we get them done, great, if not, no sweat.

Number 1:

I might not be able to ride my beloved coasters, but I am ecstatic that I can still go on my favorite dark ride. Unless something changes within the next week or so, I should be able to revisit the Caribbean and watch Sparrow perform his antics.

Number 2:

Wishes!

Alex and I really only have one night available for us to watch the fireworks, because during 2 of our 3 nights the Magic Kingdom will be hosting MNSSHP, but if we are in the park at night we’ll definitely sit down and wait for the show.

Number 3:

Epcot’s 30th!

Despite us having to leave early that afternoon, on October 1st, Alex and I will be in Epcot, enjoying its birthday.

Number 4:

We might meander over to Pop for three reasons. The first, I might be tired and need some down time. The second, Alex might want to get a piece of this:

And third, if I could take a stroll around here, I’d be very happy:

Number 5:
Since we’ll be in Epcot on the 1st, there’s no reason I shouldn’t take advantage of:

The Food and Wine Festival. And by F&W, I mean…the Food Festival! The only problem I can see myself running into is, as I said earlier, I’m never very hungry, so I might not have any desire to eat whenever I’m in World Showcase. Let’s hope that’s not the case, though!

And, finally, Number 6:

Relax.

This weekend getaway is mostly about escaping work and town for a few days, making use of our Annual Passes, and spending some one on one time together. Alex and I have been looking forward to a chance to relax for awhile now, and with this latest development, we’re going to be forced to take it slow and enjoy the beauty of Disney in the fall.

I can’t wait to see Main Street decorated for the fall, again.

Alex is excited to be able to Disney shop soon, and I’m happy that I’ll be able to soak up all the sights and sounds that make up the parks.

Seems pretty low-key, right? I’ll know in just 8 short days whether or not we stick to that plan or go completely off course.

I should have a real update posted by the end of the week so stay tuned!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #295
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh my gosh, congratulations! What wonderful news!

I understand how disappointing it is to miss out on all the coasters and the "wine" part of F&W, but I'm sure you'll still have an awesome trip!

Time to start planning a Babymoon at Disney!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #296
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is a great picture. I love your dress. Nice!

Quote:

Congratulations Alicia! This is such wonderful news and you look beautiful in this picture! You really are glowing already. Such a wonderful reason to give up coasters and cocktails!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #297
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I had a surprise like that once, and let me tell you, it's a wonderful one!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #299
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!!!!:

I had a feeling when you dropped a little hint in a previous update.

I totally agree with MEK, you already look like you are glowing in your picture with the ultrasound.

Have a great weekend at Disney!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #300
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears

Loving your report! I'm a late joiner!

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: