Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
Granfan
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Can't wait for the pictures!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
GaRain
DIS Veteran

I am here, you can start now....
Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?

I'm here, waitin' for the report!! It's gonna be a good one.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
20thingamabobs
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait! And so glad we actually got to meet this time!
Past Trips:Summer '87: Don't know the details - I was one..., Summer '90: CBR, Summer '95: Dixie Landings, Summer '00: Dixie Landings, Summer '03: AKL, August '05: Offsite, March '07: POR, March '08: POFQ, May '08: SSR, October '08: ASSp, March '09: POFQ, April '10: Poly, June '10: ASMo, November/December '10: CSR, January '11: BLT, March '11: Offsite/Disney Dream/Boardwalk, May '11: AKL-Kidani, DL Sept '12: Offsite, Sept/Oct '11: ASMu, Dec '11: Offsite, WDW Jan '12: Caribbean Beach , DL Jan '12: Offsite, Feb '12: Beach Club , May '12: AKL, June '12: 1 Day Disneymoon, Sept '12: offsite, Oct '12: Pop, Dec '12: Offsite, DL Jan '13: GC, Feb '13: PO-R
Upcoming Trips:WDW July '13, DL Sept '13: GC

Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Good, I'm not too late for a front row seat!

I totally empathize with the stressing over your planning! My poor hubbie had a lot of patience with me on our first trip with just the 2 of us to Disneyland. I had a meltdown in line for the Alice in Wonderland ride because we were supposed to be able to walk right on, and instead, there was a half hour wait 5 minutes after the park opened! He just gave me a hug (I'm sure he thought I was crazy) and suggested we jump out of line and move on. It took me a couple seconds to let go of my plan I had spent hours creating in Ridemax and just look for rides with short lines. Though, I have to say, planning dining is half the fun. I can't wait to see your food pics! That gives 3 times the pleasure: planning, eating, and then savoring the memory!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
Joining in! I'm looking forward to hearing about the EE 5K!
Thanks for joining in! The EE 5K was a lot of fun, definitely something I would suggest everyone try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
subscribing
Awesome! Thank you for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I'm here to read along!

And a heck yeah about the heat of a thousand suns that week! I was cursing the Florida sunshine more than once!

Yay! Glad you followed me over from the PTR thread. Ugh, that heat....it was terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
I'm heeeerreee!! I tried to start my own tr today but every time I think of starting it I sit at the computer to realize that DH STILL hasn't finished downloading all the trip pics yet from the laptop to the work computer. I want them all in one place before I begin so instead... I had time to pop over to your tr

Can't wait to hear about what all went on!!!

Hi Kim! So happy to see you here.

Oooh, I cannot wait to read all about your trip. I'll try and be patient.
I know what you mean about the pictures, though. I swore I wouldn't begin this TR until all my photos are edited, but I caved.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 05-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #23
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
I'm in. Can't wait for the pictures!
Thanks for joining! Pictures are coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereina View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Welcome and thanks for reading! I love sharing the memories for my trip, so I appreciate being able to write this report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
I am here, you can start now....
Whoo, thanks for joining. Have you done any kind of recap for the race or are you planning to? I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingadisneyday View Post
I'm here, waitin' for the report!! It's gonna be a good one.
Thanks for following! This trip had some memorable moments, and I can't wait to post about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
I'm in! Can't wait! And so glad we actually got to meet this time!
Agreed! I wish I'd remembered to grab a picture for this TR, but oh well. Can't wait to read your update about the race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy8i8 View Post
Good, I'm not too late for a front row seat!

I totally empathize with the stressing over your planning! My poor hubbie had a lot of patience with me on our first trip with just the 2 of us to Disneyland. I had a meltdown in line for the Alice in Wonderland ride because we were supposed to be able to walk right on, and instead, there was a half hour wait 5 minutes after the park opened! He just gave me a hug (I'm sure he thought I was crazy) and suggested we jump out of line and move on. It took me a couple seconds to let go of my plan I had spent hours creating in Ridemax and just look for rides with short lines. Though, I have to say, planning dining is half the fun. I can't wait to see your food pics! That gives 3 times the pleasure: planning, eating, and then savoring the memory!

Hi, and thanks for joining!

A half hour wait right after opening?! Yikes, I probably would've had a meltdown as well. But it's good that you were able to go with the flow, bet it saved you and your husband from more excess stress.
Food planning can be half the fun, especially when you walk into a restaurant knowing you've been waiting for that meal for 6 months.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I'm joining! Looking forward to the pictures and reading about the EE 5K!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #25
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

Hi Alicia! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I have to say that I agree it was hotter this year than our trip last year at the same time, but I didn't think it was too bad. I have read quite a few posts about people feeling like they were melting, LOL! We always head back to the pool for the afternoons though. That way we aren't in the parks during the hottest part of the day. We love our pool time!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
GaRain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Whoo, thanks for joining. Have you done any kind of recap for the race or are you planning to? I'd love to hear what you thought about it.
I was thinking of doing a trip report and took notes the first 2 days. I should do a race write up. I still need to send an email to runDisney!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I'm joining! Looking forward to the pictures and reading about the EE 5K!
Welcome! Thanks for joining! I can't wait to talk about the EE 5K; I was afraid I wouldn't have anything new to say about it since I ran it in 2011, but there were a ton of different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainecll View Post

Joining in.....
Hi and welcome! Thanks for following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickanee View Post
Hi Alicia! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I have to say that I agree it was hotter this year than our trip last year at the same time, but I didn't think it was too bad. I have read quite a few posts about people feeling like they were melting, LOL! We always head back to the pool for the afternoons though. That way we aren't in the parks during the hottest part of the day. We love our pool time!

Hi! Thanks for following me over here. I can't wait to write about how my mom rode next to you on RNRC and we were oblivious.
We took breaks in the afternoon all but one day, and oh man, we regretted that decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
I was thinking of doing a trip report and took notes the first 2 days. I should do a race write up. I still need to send an email to runDisney!

You should definitely do either a TR or a race recap! I love hearing what other people thought of the event, because the opinion of it varied drastically this year.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #28
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm here! I'm glad I haven't missed any of the good parts yet!

I'm so sorry that it was "surface of the sun" hot! May is so unpredictable in Florida, it can be nice and it can be brutal, I'm sorry you got the latter.

Poor All Stars, I agree, they definitely get second billing after Pop (and probably 3rd now that AoA is opening), but I love Sports most of all the All Stars!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #29
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Thanks! Reading your TR and other May visiters made me want to start mine, even though I told myself I'd wait awhile.
Oh, I totally know how that goes. I told myself I'd wait awhile, too, but I just couldn't do it!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm here! I'm glad I haven't missed any of the good parts yet!

I'm so sorry that it was "surface of the sun" hot! May is so unpredictable in Florida, it can be nice and it can be brutal, I'm sorry you got the latter.

Poor All Stars, I agree, they definitely get second billing after Pop (and probably 3rd now that AoA is opening), but I love Sports most of all the All Stars!

Hi and thanks for joining!

May really is unpredictable as far as weather goes. Last May, it was perfect, but we had a very warm winter, so I knew it was going to be a warm trip.

I've only ever been to Pop and ASSP, and while Pop is nicer, I like that Sports is smaller. It's such a short distance to the food court, bus stop, and parking lot.
Although, I do want to try AoA when it opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Oh, I totally know how that goes. I told myself I'd wait awhile, too, but I just couldn't do it!
Haha, at least this way it's all written down while it's still fresh in our minds. Even with a travel journal, things can be forgotten.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: