Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #256
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Congrats to Alex!!
And happy birthday to both of you!!

Such a busy time for you!!!

Grrr I'm still mad about Splash! It's so much more fun when it's at crazy times of the night

Haha make sure you spend that money you saved wisely
Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #257
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Congrats on Alex's promotion!

for saving $5! A dole whip....that's good!

Now, about your other news.....I'm really curious!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #258
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, the crowds do look crazy! I don't know how you handle running during that.

I would say that your run time was longer because of all of the dang people that you had to deal with!

That's a really good ranking at the finish line.

Howe awesome that your mom made a friend on the race!

Your eyes don't look that crazy in that picture! You just look really excited to me.

I have never been on EE at night, even when AK had evening magic hours. I'm depressed that I missed out.

Hilarious! Your mom and her seatbelt. I've seen people react that way before. Hysterical.

I hate being wrong too. That happened to me in January with my best friend, when I'm telling her "oh yeah, very shortly after New Year's the crowds just die!". Yeah right....

I do love the queue for TSM. It's so cute.

Sitting alone does give you the opportunity to have a better score. There's no one to steal your points.

Yay on beating Alex! My process? Just shoot like a mad woman.

Most of the QS locations at DHS are disappointing. I don't quite understand it, because there are great ones in all of the other parks.

You're going to have a great time on our F&W weekend. Just enjoy it.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #259
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I will be there the same weekend as you how cool, maybe we will run into each other on the 1st (we will be at EPCOT too that day I think!!)

Sounds like you have LOTS going on in life...made me tired just reading congrats to Alex on the promotion how awesome!!!

I'll be sure and keep an eye out for you guys on the 1st! If only so I can say congratulations and ask how awesome your cruise was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Congrats on the promotion!

Oh the military, they really can mess up the best laid plans, can't they! I'm happy that you are still able to get down there and experience Epcot's 30th! Have you guys thought about what time you are going to get there that morning? I bet its going to be crowded, and I know I want some of the limited edition merchandise, so I was thinking of arriving at the gates around 6 am. Do you think that is early enough? Should I shoot for 5? What are you going to do?

Oh yes, this is the 3rd time the military has made us change this trip. And now we're worried that Hurricane Isaac will mess up our new plans. (they had to postpone something currently going on.)
I really want to buy some of the limited edition merchandise, as well, especially since there's a few Passholder items. I'm not sure when we'll arrive, though. The night before, we're just going to DTD and swimming at the resort, so we should be up bright and early. I'll probably decide on a more definite time the closer I get to the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Congrats on Alex's promotion! I'm glad to know his hard work paid off, and I know you're proud of him too!!

Sorry that you had to move your dates, but glad that it all worked out!

It sounds like you're gonna be busy, but if you still have time to meet up, let me know!

Belated Happy Birthday, and early Happy Anniversary!!

Absolutely. Our plans are still pretty thin, so there's no telling what we'll end up doing. I haven't told my friend about the new dates, yet, so she might not even be able to meet up.
I know you're running the ToT 10-miler (which I just realized starts at 10pm!) but what are you doing earlier that evening and/or day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Congratulations to Alex for earning a new strip!

Happy Anniversary.

And yeah for moving the trip up by 2 days and saving enough money for an extra dole whip to boot.

Now, I'm wondering what the other news is. I do have a guess.

Yeah for Epcor's Anniversary & Food & Wine!

I'm really looking forward to trying some of the booths at F&W. Last year, I had a cold and couldn't taste anything, so I didn't take advantage of the Festival. Won't pass that up again!

Haha, I'm sure your guess is right. I'm terrible with secrets, so I'm sure before too long I'll post it here on the DISboards, especially since it's all over my Facebook page.

We're looking forward to staying in a preferred room, and since we'd already paid for the trip, it doens't even feel like we're paying more. Win win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!! Hooray! The 21st is a great date for a birthday.

Happy (early) Anniversary, and congrats to Alex! And happy birthday to Alex! Good grief... you weren't kidding about this being a busy time!

YES. I did see that awful news about Splash. UGH. I'd IMAGINE it was because that was the time it would break down the most... I'm hoping that it's just temporary and that they're doing it to work out the kinks! HOPING! I will admit that I avoided it during EMH for this reason...

Agh, I hope the storm avoids yall. Actually I hope it just decides to eat itself and just avoid hitting anywhere!

Oh my goodness! I hope you're actually able to keep these dates. Sounds great!

I was so sad to hear about Splash. I could understand removing it during the winter, when I'm sure the amount of people who ride it is way less than the cost of paying CMs to run it, but during the summer?! And with shortened EMH hours. Oh well...I'm sure WDW has a grand plan in mind.

It looks like the storm is headed west of us, but we'll still get a bunch of nasty weather. I know all the schools in the area have been cancelled tomorrow and there's, like, no gas at any gas stations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Okay, I'm back from a small absence, but I'm here getting caught up.

I have to get the phone booth numbers and prank some people too! That's hysterical.

I love those flamingos! Oh Alice and Wonderland.

First monorail ride ever! Awesome! Love love love the monorail.

The Poly is my favorite resort of all time. It's just perfect to me.

My mom and I constantly split our food. Actually, any restaurant we tend to go to, that's our game plan. I get this, you get that, we share.

Philharmagic is always a must do. "Where's my hat!?"

I always use the hang back logic when you're bullpenned into those holding areas. I'm in no hurry, and seeing as though every one else is, I just prefer to go in last. I just don't understand it. Because those 10 extra seconds you gain by pushing past people really makes a difference.

We used to always go to shows like the Hall of Presidents. Fortunately, my oldest brother is a dork like me too, so it didn't take too much convincing from my parents.

Wait, you had never been on the Jungle Cruise before?! Sacrilege!

What a great skipper. It really is about the skipper that makes or breaks that ride for anyone.

Oh, how sweet with the pin trade! It's so great to make a kid's day.

POP's food court is my absolute favorite on property. So many selections!

Poor grumpy couple and their mugs! But then, it was kind of funny too.

I have the same problem when I work out! People always think there's something wrong with you.

Wow, that really was a DISboards convention!

Pop does have a great food court. Alex and I always eat there whether we're staying at the resort or not!

The phone booth prank calls were so much fun. We're planning on doing it again when we go in September. Here's the numbers if you'd like them:

Epcot Left Booth: (this is the one that I have the most success with)
407-827-9862

Epcot Center Booth:
407-827-9863

Epcot Right Booth:
407-827-9861

Sometimes the dial tone will turn into this awful fax noise, so I'd avoid holding it too close to your ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosmom23 View Post
congrats and happy happy! we will also be there the same time as you!
Thank you! It's a busy (but great) time for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hope you don't have to change your dates again for your weekend trip! I wish I could just fly down that weekend just for Epcot's 30th! I cannot wait for the Food and Wine festival, I wish it was November already!!!

I have to say, I'm more jealous of your dates! You get Food and Wine AND holiday decorations. Alex and I love that time of the year so much, we've recently decided to postpone a trip for almost a year and go deluxe during December. But more on that way later on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Congrats to Alex!!
And happy birthday to both of you!!

Such a busy time for you!!!

Grrr I'm still mad about Splash! It's so much more fun when it's at crazy times of the night

Haha make sure you spend that money you saved wisely
I love all the coasters way more when it's 2 o'clock in the morning and there's nobody around. But with EMH hours being cut, that's not going to happen anymore, anyways.

I'll keep that in mind about the money. Make sure not to spend it all in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Congrats on Alex's promotion!

for saving $5! A dole whip....that's good!

Now, about your other news.....I'm really curious!

I'm terrible about keeping secrets, I'm hoping to hold off saying until after my September trip, but I doubt it.

I'm happy about the extra Dole Whip money. Can't complain when there's more ice cream money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, the crowds do look crazy! I don't know how you handle running during that.

I would say that your run time was longer because of all of the dang people that you had to deal with!

That's a really good ranking at the finish line.

Howe awesome that your mom made a friend on the race!

Your eyes don't look that crazy in that picture! You just look really excited to me.

I have never been on EE at night, even when AK had evening magic hours. I'm depressed that I missed out.

Hilarious! Your mom and her seatbelt. I've seen people react that way before. Hysterical.

I hate being wrong too. That happened to me in January with my best friend, when I'm telling her "oh yeah, very shortly after New Year's the crowds just die!". Yeah right....

I do love the queue for TSM. It's so cute.

Sitting alone does give you the opportunity to have a better score. There's no one to steal your points.

Yay on beating Alex! My process? Just shoot like a mad woman.

Most of the QS locations at DHS are disappointing. I don't quite understand it, because there are great ones in all of the other parks.

You're going to have a great time on our F&W weekend. Just enjoy it.

EE at night has to be one of my favorites. It doesn't even compare to the ride during the daytime. I really wish AK would offer more nighttime EMHs. Having to run a 5K just to ride the attraction at night could get expensive (and exhausting!).

I really want to ride TSM alone now and see how high I can score.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #260
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Absolutely. Our plans are still pretty thin, so there's no telling what we'll end up doing. I haven't told my friend about the new dates, yet, so she might not even be able to meet up.
I know you're running the ToT 10-miler (which I just realized starts at 10pm!) but what are you doing earlier that evening and/or day?
As of now, we don't have any plans for that day, and I doubt that will change. We're thinking of taking it easy to try and stay rested up for the race!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #261
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
As of now, we don't have any plans for that day, and I doubt that will change. We're thinking of taking it easy to try and stay rested up for the race!
Makes sense, you are only running 10 miles that night! By the way, how excited are you that the race day is getting closer?!?

Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #262
amazingact21
Upendi

There's No Way I'm Capable of That

So, right now Hurricane (sometimes Tropical Storm, it’s very wishy-washy) Isaac is hanging out in the Gulf of Mexico. It’s taken a wide turn west, so my area isn’t catching the brunt of the storm. However, before today, nobody was sure if it would change course or not, so all the schools were closed and only a few people were made to work at the base. Alex happened to be one of the lucky 4 people (at his particular job) chosen so he’s busy completing one of his two 12 hour shifts. Leaving me stuck at home in fair weather. It’s pretty windy, but nothing much worse than that at this point. (Our wedding weekend had much worse conditions.)

(Of course, now that I have bragged about escaping the bands of the storm, a huge wave of rain will hit mid-update and knock the power out.)

May 6th Afternoon and Early Evening:

Having bored my mother and Alex to death with Hollywood Studios photographs, we all drove back to Sports for some much needed rest.

Home sweet home!

I mentioned in my last post that Alex and I received 2 DHS Vinyls in our last trade, and I found the picture of them:

You can see the other DHS Vinylmation Alex got earlier in the trip in the background.

We had quite the collection forming.

According to my handy dandy travel journal, my head hit my (extremely comfortable) pillow by 1 o’clock, and I did not resurface from la-la land until 3:25.

It was a great nap and exactly what I needed at the time. I felt completely refreshed and knew I was ready to tackle evening EMH at MK later that night.

I called my mom, but she didn’t answer her phone, so I went to her room and knocked on her door. Still no answer, and I was afraid I’d wake her up if I called again, so I decided to go to the food court and refill my mug with some water.

On the way over there, I happened to glance at the Surf’s Up pool and saw my mom in one of the chairs. She said she’d woken up about a half hour ago and wanted to take advantage of the down time by swimming for a bit.

I thought that was a perfect idea and rushed back to the room to change into my suit.

Alex is not a fan of pools at all. He finds them extremely boring. He just can’t sit around for hours on end. Honestly, he’d rather go sit through several Disney shows than hang out at the resort pool.

So when I asked if he wanted to join, he declined and said he’d stay in the room and study for his upcoming test.

What he was probably thinking at the time: “Hmm, sit outside in the heat and swelter or lounge around an air conditioned room on a comfortable bed? Wonder which is better?”

You wouldn’t hear me complaining, though. I love pools. And the beach. Really, anyplace where I can sit around and read then go swimming is an A+ place in my book.

Here’s a blurry picture of the pool:

The pool itself was crowded every time I went swimming, but I tried to not let that deter me. My mom and I kind of staked out a spot near the wall and claimed it as ours, and nobody really invaded our space.

A shot of the food court from my chair: (Also blurry)

A ridiculous picture of me. (My shoulders had gotten a little burned the previous day at MK, hence the tshirt.)

I swam until about 4 o’clock, then spent fifteen minutes laying around on the lounge chair, writing in my travel journal. At 4:15, Alex found us, and we decided it was time to head back to the room and shower.

I saw this little guy on the way back to the room:

After the showers were over with, my mom came over to our room, and we all confessed a secret we’d been keeping in the back of our minds.

We had a 6:45 ADR for Kona Café that evening, and it was already almost 5 o’clock, but as it turned out, nobody was even close to being hungry.

I thought about the steak awaiting me at Kona and the amazing cheesecake calling my name, and then I tried imagining myself eating that in a little over an hour.

“There’s no way I’m capable of that.”

So, Alex signed onto the Disney Dining website (hello, free WiFi!) and looked at later ADR times.

We lucked out and found an 8:05pm slot for Kona.

8:05pm sounded MUCH more reasonable, and I knew I’d be ready to chow down on some dinner by then. We did run into one snag in the booking process, and Alex had to actually call the Dining Reservation number to fix the issue, but aside from that, the change went smoothly and quickly.

However, the three of us were then presented with the problem of….

What to do for the next 3 hours???

I was up for hanging out at the resort and perhaps sleeping some more.

I know, real thrill seeker I am.

Alex and my mom weren’t on board with that option, and in the span of time it took me to leave the room and use the restroom, Alex had planted the DTD seed in my mom’s head.

My mom really liked the idea, because she’d never been to DTD before and wanted to check it out.

And, naturally, Alex loves the area. Store after store of souvenir shopping….is it any wonder, guys, that Alex pushed for this???

I wasn’t exactly thrilled with returning to DTD. I knew it’d be crowded and difficult to find a parking spot, and I was afraid I’d tire my legs out before we even got to MK, but I was outvoted.

A little after 5:30ish , the three of us headed out of Sports.

A couple shots I snagged while walking to our car:

I miss you, Baseball Building!

It’s going to be weird to go to an All Stars in September and not see Music across the way.

Our chariot awaits!

Not sure why I have so many pictures of our building.

Alex drove us over to DTD in about 10 minute’s time.

The parking lot was full, big surprise there, but we managed to find a spot in Lot E.

Walking inside.

Alex kept dropping not-so subtle hints about wanting to go to D Street and check out the Vinylmations.

Ah ha! Now I got it. He put the DTD bug in my mother’s head so that he could visit the one store he’d missed on our arrival day visit.

Well, I promptly informed him that we didn’t have a lot of time, and I really didn’t want to walk alllllll the way across DTD for one store. However, I compromised and agreed to take my mom in World of Disney (because honestly, what other store do you take a first timer in?) and if we had any time left over, we would walk over to the Vinylmation store afterwards.

My mom was blown away with how big (and crowded!) world of Disney was. I don’t think she could’ve imagined all those Disney items in one place without seeing it for herself.

I wouldn’t mind having this in my house, at all. No matter that its huge and not just alittle gaudy. I think if I had a huge replica of Cinderella’s Castle around me all the time, I wouldn’t feel compelled to go back to WDW every 5 months. It’d be more like every 7 months…

Alex liked both these and a four pack with the 4 park logos on each shot glass set, but neither of us do shots, so they’d end up being toothpick holders or quarter containers and that seemed like a waste for such nice (expensive) shot glasses, so we passed on them.

In one of the rare moments that I relinquished control of the camera, my mom took this photo of me picking out a new shirt.

I love Minnie Mouse; she used to be my favorite of the Fab 5 before I fell completely in love with Donald, so I was happy to have found a shirt of her I liked. (Side note: as a kid, I was more excited to meet Minnie Mouse than I was to meet the princesses. Minnie was far superior in my book. My parents have a picture of when we went to WDW when I was 7, and I spotted Minnie Mouse walking to a meet and greet. I literally ran over to her and ignored the CMs who were telling me I couldn't hug her. I am such a ruler follower, by the book kind of person, that for me to flat out not listen to an adult still baffles me to this day. Oh the memories...)

The three of us shopped for about an hour or so. I bought a mystery pin set in addition to the shirt and handed those items off to Alex to include with his purchases. (With all the shopping he did, I have no clue what he bought this time around.) I wanted him to get the 10% discount, though, which is what annual passholders can get if they spend 50 dollars or more, hence me pushing my stuff on him.

I got in line with my mom, who had purchased a photo album, a magnet, and some other odds and ends and used my annual pass to get her the 10% discount.

A successful shopping trip!

However, it was nearing 7:15 by the time we were back outside on the sidewalk, and I knew we didn’t have time to go to D Street. Alex was bummed, but he got over it.

This just means that I’m now pretty much guaranteed to have to go there next month. *Sigh*

As we were walking past T REX and the Pleasure Island sign, the three of us began looking up at the sky. It had turned ominously dark, and I began worrying about crossing across the TTC parking lot in the rain.

It was the sign we needed to hurry up and mosy along!

Up Next…Hmmph, I Didn’t Get Carded

Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #263
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm with ya there, I love pools/beach/water. They're so much fun! I never got to swim in the Sports pool but I thought it was cute!

I think Disney bunnies really love the All Star resorts. And Epcot.

Hooray for a successful shopping trip.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #264
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

My dh also hates sitting around at pools and things. We went to the beach a few weeks ago and he got so bored he dug a 4 foot deep hole with his hands.
Good catch on the later ADR! And I have to admit, I would have voted for DTD to fill the time too.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #265
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

So glad you are safe and alright over there.
It's even making the news here!

With pool time its always essential to stake out your wall area.. and give looks to people that come to close

I love ridiculous photos, so it's a winner in my books!

UM WHAT IS THAT ANIMAL??
I don't think I have ever seen anything like it!!
But yes us Australians are quite sheltered...

Ahhh I am so excited for wifi when I am there!! Makes moving things around and using all the fun apps so much easier!

That shirt in DTD is so cute. I'm quite the Minnie fan myself!

Hooray for a successful shopping trip, and hopefully getting out of there before you get rained on!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #266
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I like your DHS Vinyls, did you keep them or trade them?

Haha, I feel the same way about pools as Alex! I can't sit around a pool and just relax, it's SO boring! I even have a limit to how long I can swim in one, after like 30 minutes I'm ready to get out! Brandon however, can stay in a pool all day! I have to admit though, I did love hanging out by Stormalong Bay!

Aww, sorry you had to go to DTD when you wanted to sleep! I probably would have wanted to do the same thing to prepare for magic hours! I love the World of Disney, but it's always so crowded!!

I love Minnie too, I like her much better than the princesses!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #267
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Great idea to spend the afternoon at the pool! I love pool time

I can't get over how much your DH loves to shop! If my DH never set foot in a store again it would be too soon!

Good call moving the ADR, this is yet another reason why I don't like the new $10 dining penalty. Each day is different, and if you don't want to eat, why should you be forced to?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #268
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm with ya there, I love pools/beach/water. They're so much fun! I never got to swim in the Sports pool but I thought it was cute!

I think Disney bunnies really love the All Star resorts. And Epcot.

Hooray for a successful shopping trip.

They really are everywhere at the All Stars! It's hard to stay there and NOT spot one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
My dh also hates sitting around at pools and things. We went to the beach a few weeks ago and he got so bored he dug a 4 foot deep hole with his hands.
Good catch on the later ADR! And I have to admit, I would have voted for DTD to fill the time too.

Normally, I would have been more than happy to visit DTD, but I was still tired from the race the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
So glad you are safe and alright over there.
It's even making the news here!

With pool time its always essential to stake out your wall area.. and give looks to people that come to close

I love ridiculous photos, so it's a winner in my books!

UM WHAT IS THAT ANIMAL??
I don't think I have ever seen anything like it!!
But yes us Australians are quite sheltered...

Ahhh I am so excited for wifi when I am there!! Makes moving things around and using all the fun apps so much easier!

That shirt in DTD is so cute. I'm quite the Minnie fan myself!

Hooray for a successful shopping trip, and hopefully getting out of there before you get rained on!

staking out a spot in the pool is a must! Otherwise you'll have all these kids or random elderly people invading your personal space and it just gets awkward.

It's nice being able to use wifi and not depend on my 3G service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I like your DHS Vinyls, did you keep them or trade them?

Haha, I feel the same way about pools as Alex! I can't sit around a pool and just relax, it's SO boring! I even have a limit to how long I can swim in one, after like 30 minutes I'm ready to get out! Brandon however, can stay in a pool all day! I have to admit though, I did love hanging out by Stormalong Bay!

Aww, sorry you had to go to DTD when you wanted to sleep! I probably would have wanted to do the same thing to prepare for magic hours! I love the World of Disney, but it's always so crowded!!

I love Minnie too, I like her much better than the princesses!

I did end up keeping all of them. If I ever have my camera out, I'll have to take a picture of our display with all our final trades/purchases.

I feel like I'd need to schedule an entire day just to relax at Stormalong Bay; it looks like so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Great idea to spend the afternoon at the pool! I love pool time

I can't get over how much your DH loves to shop! If my DH never set foot in a store again it would be too soon!

Good call moving the ADR, this is yet another reason why I don't like the new $10 dining penalty. Each day is different, and if you don't want to eat, why should you be forced to?

Alex really only likes shopping when we're at Disney. 99.9% of the time, he's the one looking at me with the look that says, "I'll take away your credit card if you even so much as think about buying that item."

The ADR penalty is a bit ridiculous. I feel like on long trip, especially, people are going to want to switch plans around. Sometimes you're not hungry or your kid isn't cooperating or you want to stay in a particular park. Let's hope that rule disappears after awhile.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #269
wakica
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary for this upcoming week!!!
Hope your week isn't too busy that you don't have enough time to enjoy it properly.

Speaking of Facebook you need to add me!!! Look me up - Kim Iverson
don't be confused by the pic tho - it's a pic of my dd right now. LOL

Oct 1st is going to come SO fast!!! You'll be there before you know it

Love the Studio Vinylmations!

and WOD ROCKS!!!!! I can just imagine your moms AWE when walking in there.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 09-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #270
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Happy Anniversary for this upcoming week!!!
Hope your week isn't too busy that you don't have enough time to enjoy it properly.

Speaking of Facebook you need to add me!!! Look me up - Kim Iverson
don't be confused by the pic tho - it's a pic of my dd right now. LOL

Oct 1st is going to come SO fast!!! You'll be there before you know it

Love the Studio Vinylmations!

and WOD ROCKS!!!!! I can just imagine your moms AWE when walking in there.

Thanks! It's been really busy so far, but we've all had a good time, and now for the most part things are settling back down and I can get some free time again. I hadn't logged onto the DISboards in a week or so!

I'll be sure to find you on facebook! I do routine "cleaning" so if I ever accidentl delete you I apologize in advance.

My mom was pretty shocked at the size and scale of WoD, then she was worried Alex was going to buy us out of house and home.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: