Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #316
princesscinderella
Mouseketeer

I bought passes on Saturday before the increase online, yet I have not received the email link to print the tickets yet. Should I be worried or have others experienced this same delay? I ave my confirmation number printed out.
Disney Dream cruise on 7/29/2011, 1/26/12, 7/21/13
Disney Fantasy on 7/28/12 and 3/30/2013
Epocot F&W 1/2 marathon 2012
Aulani 6/13
princesscinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #317
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilld11 View Post
We are still selling park hoppers from 3 - 8 days. Hasn't changed in price yet, but I'm sure it will
Who is "We"?
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #318
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
(I'm hiding as I say this)

My corporate price for admission didn't change today.
My company, IBM, still is selling the now $290/$270 5-day passes for the same $221.40/$203.40 prices that they were selling them for last week. They expire 12/31/2012.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #319
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilld11 View Post
Unfortunately this does not help out people who want APs. We only sell the 3 - 8 day park hopper or one park per day passes, no APs. Sorry
Who is "we"?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #320
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverdude View Post
I agree with Califgirl, I think what they are trying to do is not reduce the number of passholders, but increase the price for each passholder and hope most people on the payment plan will just go along with it as "oh my Disney payment increased by 10 bucks a month or something, whatever" and go ahead and pay it, not paying attention to the total price.

And I think to some extent they will get away with it. Just like with car payments, people tend to focus on the monthly payment, not the total price.
I don't know. I started an informal poll here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2928852

It has over a hundred responses so far and over half who responded said they won't renew due to price. Obviously, this is totally unscientific, but it does give a little snapshot of the way people are thinking. I hope to keep it alive for the next few months so we can see how folks are feeling about renewal. APs and the way they use the parks has definitely been on the minds of Disney. Is this the reason for the price increase? We can only speculate. But I believe it may be one of many reasons (including the expansion of Carsland as well as just profit reasons) for the increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscinderella View Post
I bought passes on Saturday before the increase online, yet I have not received the email link to print the tickets yet. Should I be worried or have others experienced this same delay? I ave my confirmation number printed out.
I know they were really backed up, but I would call for my own piece of mind. You just need your confirmation number for them to check the status. Be aware that some email addys block the email with PDF attachment for Disney.

Last edited by ArchOwl; 05-21-2012 at 09:33 PM.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #321
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
I don't know. I started an informal poll here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=295
Check that link.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #322
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Check that link.
Thanks, fixed. ( ipad!)
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #323
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscinderella View Post
I purchased my tickets Friday evening and haven't received my etickets yet...but I'm not worried if they arrive or not. This happened to me back in February and I did exactly what CM Amy described to me in an email I received tonight:

Quote:
Hello Kerry,
Thank you for contacting Disney Ticket Services

Due to a high volume of orders our wait time has increased, but we are processing your e-ticket purchase in the order it was received and we apologize for the delay.
If you are coming to the park today and you have not yet received your tickets, please feel free to head over to one of our ticket booths in the Main Entrance Esplanade to have your tickets printed. Please bring your photo ID, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and your order number (if available), and a Cast Member will be happy to print your tickets for you.

Best Wishes
Amy
Disneyland Resort
If you see your ticket purchase as "pending" or "processing" in your card's recent activity, it'll almost certainly go through as long as you don't do something bad to your account like max it out...etc.

Since I haven't received my etickets yet and the same thing happened to me in February, I'm a bettin' woman I'll be visiting the ticket booth again this November! Darn you ATT (cursed email account)!!!
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #324
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I am actually curious to see when we will all see a decline in park population. I figure it will take awhile, but do you think it will take a few months? 6 months? a year?

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #325
jilld11
Mouseketeer

I am a travel agent in Edmonton, Canada and we sell the park hoppers, 3 - 8 day via a tour operator and right now we still have them at the previous prices. I'm sure that will change soon, but it hasn't yet
jilld11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #326
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Wow!! One of my friends went yesterday. She told me that the one day tickets are 125

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #327
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Who is "we"?
Seriously? You like my posts that much?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #328
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

I fixed it!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #329
azdisneylover
DIS Veteran

Crazyduck,

You have hit the nail directly on the head, so to speak with the Walt speech updated for a 2012 Disneyland! Disney will boast of how well the Disney Resort, especially DCA has done with the addition of Cars Land but in reality, the 'profit' will be the rush to secure tickets and annual passes at the high prices before the even higher prices kicked in. Once all the 'high priced tickets and high priced annual passes' have expired, the even higher priced tickets and passes sales will go down, and it will be interesting to hear what Iger and all the other fat wallets have to say about it while they pull in their 24.5+ million yearly salary.

These crazy rate increases will change how many will vacation. We are looking at going to Knotts, Universal and Six Flags now. I would rather go to Disneyland, but we just cannot afford it. I am looking forward to Universal putting in Harry Potter in the California park. (gotta look at the bright side).
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #330
scrapshappen
DIS Veteran

Ugh. I was out of town this weekend and totally missed the price increase.

Looks like the package that I was viewing last week has not gone up in price though. Guess I should book it before it does.
scrapshappen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: