Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #286
tinkermomma
Mouseketeer

I'm not disappointed in Disney for raising AP and ticket prices. You can talk supply and demand all day long or say whatever you may think about them trying to manage crowd control. All are valid theories.

What I AM disappointed in them for raising the 3-10 range along with it. I mean to really wrap your head around an $81-119/day ticket for a 3 year old?!

I think Walt would truly be sad about how high the prices for kids are. Walt genuinely adored children and while his dream definitely included it being a park that parents could enjoy as well, it was truly designed with children as the focus I think TDA has clearly forgotten this. There should clearly be a larger gap between the two ticket prices.

I also think that this is one of the leading reasons people with children are not spending as much IN the parks, many just can't justify the souvenirs of the past when their kids ticket is only $5-10 less than theirs. Just a thought.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
~Uncle Walter

Last edited by tinkermomma; 05-20-2012 at 06:03 PM.
tinkermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #287
kailuagirl
DIS Veteran

Tinkermomma, I agree 100%
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #288
tinkermomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuagirl View Post
Tinkermomma, I agree 100%
Aww Shucks

Thanks!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
~Uncle Walter
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #289
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

So I just priced out a WDW trip VS DL w/ the new prices and I hate to say it but we may be trying WDW next time because the prices are about the same, they offer a value resort that is inexpensive and if you catch their free dining offer, it's an even cheaper vacation. There is a lot MORE there too.

This saddens me a great deal. I understand the price hike each year but this years is just insane. I do hope that this "thins the herd" though because the crowds have been getting unbearable sometimes.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #290
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

(I'm hiding as I say this)

My corporate price for admission didn't change today.
Next trip: February 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #291
tinkermomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post

I have no clue how high that would be but I'm just going to go ahead and assume it's already quite a bit more and... well... Corporate relationships are an entirely different animal.
~Uncle Walter
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #292
sonjaandsue
Mouseketeer

I think I owe ArchOwl a commission for this thread. If I understand it correctly, between the price increase & the d/c of the 6 day hopper, I saved around $150 per ticket yesterday. That's alot of corn dogs.

I feel badly for everyone negatively affected by the price increase.
sonjaandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #293
tinkermomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjaandsue View Post
I think I owe ArchOwl a commission for this thread. If I understand it correctly, between the price increase & the d/c of the 6 day hopper, I saved around $150 per ticket yesterday. That's alot of corn dogs.

This and That.
~Uncle Walter
Old 05-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #294
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermomma View Post
I have no clue how high that would be but I'm just going to go ahead and assume it's already quite a bit more and... well... Corporate relationships are an entirely different animal.
Yeah, I was shocked. Maybe they just haven't updated the page? I buy through Life Balance Program (which has always had the best prices I could find!) and it still lists the 3-day at $179.... which is what I paid for it last month too.

... just did some more digging/comparing. It looks like the page hasn't been updated to reflect any of the new prices. If I had the extra money in the account, I'd buy ticket and just take another long weekend!
Next trip: February 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #295
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

I'll admit I haven't read through this thread but... I live in Los Angeles and the prices for the AP's at my local grocery store were still the old prices today and they seemed to have plenty left, though I'm sure they'll be switched out soon. We missed the deadline yesterday on accident so thought it was lucky we found these.

Now just can't lose them before September...

In case anyone else forgot to get an AP voucher to use later, just thought you might wanna check your local store.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #296
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjaandsue View Post

Hmmm...not a corn dog girl, but I will take a Mickey bar!

Seriously, someone else would have posted if I had not. But I am glad I was able to help a few people.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #297
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post

My company's internal Club went down on Sunday and hasn't recovered.

My corporate price last week had great discounts (10% additional off the already discounted online disneyland.com price) on the 2012 tickets. However, I am going in 2013, so I am nervously awaiting the company consignment price list for 2013.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #298
jumpman23j
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan15 View Post
Blame John Carter
I'm sure Avengers more than made up for that
jumpman23j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #299
Mister
Earning My Ears

Blame CA?

They were talking about this here (Los Angeles) on the radio tonight and the running theory is that these increases are to make up for losses sustained due to California Adventure not being the hit it was planned on being. The addition of Disney Themed attractions and now the new Cars attraction are being done to try and draw the Disneyphiles over to CA. They have too much invested in CA to scrap it so they are trying to give it a facelift to draw more visitors. Unfortunately its an expensive facelift and we, the consumers, are apparently paying for poor decision making. I have 11 months left on my AP but SERIOUSLY doubt I will renew at the new price. Disney is digging themselves a hole...
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #300
Tinkerbelle's Mom
Will clean houses for tags!

Wow... I am so glad I renewed our APs at the start of this month. I normally get dd and I the deluxe but this year after doing the math I decided to upgrade us both to the Premium. After adding the parking to my old deluxe price the premium was only a $1 more. This is not the case anymore.

Well, we are going to enjoy them because next year I will definately have to downgrade. There is no way I can afford $649 for each of our passes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: