Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #256
ultimate_ed
Mouseketeer

Exclamation

Well, looks like my savings were for real. Just checked the site this morning. Prices reflect the promised increase. And, NO DISCOUNT for buying online like there was yesterday, either.

Interestingly enough, checked the ARES site and they are still reflecting the old ticket prices with their discount taken from there. Looks like they are the way to go if you missed out and still need to get tickets today.

I can't make any comments about any of the season passes as I hadn't been following that side of the price talk.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #257
drdisney
Mysterious when it comes to shopping

So after running down to Disneyland last night at 10pm, I found out that I was able to renew my Premier pass for the $749 rate even though it was not to expire till July 21st. In fact the funny part was the supervisor had no problem at all giving me the approval for the override when he saw what I was doing.

This whole issue about the price increases was just a mess!! Disney had really dropped the ball with this issue and I think they will be hearing about it from the AP's. Calling Disneyland took over 40 mins to reach a reap, and the lines at the ticket booths last night were over 1 hour. They new that there would be AP's going to renew or getting vouchers to meet the deadline, yet they did not act with staffing. What were they thinking AP's would do when you would jack the rates up 30% for passes ? My wife and I are diehard Disney fans, but this truly may be the last AP's I get for some time. I just came justify spending almost $2000 in passes for us when there are much better entertainment offerings available.

On another note, mark my words that this year will be the year more AP's become more vocal and speak up about this non-sense. Make it creating a petition on *********** or starting a group on Facebook, I think you will see more AP's taking up the issue first hand.

Dr D
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #258
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Getawaytoday's prices don't seem to have gone up either, if you missed out maybe you can still get the old prices if you hurry.

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #259
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
I wouldn't count it out. It is worth asking about. Several people have reported getting pixie dust and not having to pay the difference between the price they paid and gate price. I would ask. Have fun!
Would anyone be willing to ask someone at the ticket counter for me if this will be possible???
Old 05-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #260
Karenann*
Wishing upon a Star...

My Costco pkg is still the same price as yesterday. 6 day PH passes still available there as well. Still... I"m glad I booked and paid yesterday...
Old 05-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #261
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Would anyone be willing to ask someone at the ticket counter for me if this will be possible???

I'm on hold, waiting for a representative. I would be happy to ask them your question if you could tell me exactly what it is.
Ingrid0382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #262
cyclenut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdisneylover View Post
I was shocked, and then cried because a I have had to change a trip 4 times, and now cancel indefinitely because of the price gouging Disney is doing. I thought maybe a few bucks increase on APs, since Disney has been raising prices yearly, but the gouging on both ticket and AP prices are nothing but greed kicking in. The economy is horrible and families that have been saving for one or more years to pay for a vacation, not to even mention to upgrade to APs to make it less expensive for another vacation, are now priced out of a Disney vacation all together. I am one of those people right now. I have sent Disney 2 emails and I will go to the Disney blog and voice my opinion there too. I am now looking at other places to spend our hard earned and saved money. Knotts Berry Farm is one of them. Shame on them for raising all tickets prices. If they truly wanted to limit APs then don't raise the price of regular admission. That is bad business. It may look good on their P$L with all the rush for AP and ticket sales, but in the long run, but it won't last.
Congrats to all who have managed to get locked in on current prices.
I am sorry you are having to cancel your trip. I can certainly understand your frustration, but I don't see this as price gouging or greed. Look at all the threads complaining about heavy crowds and warnings of park closures due to overcrowding. Disney has few choices but to raise ticket prices. Demand for Carsland and other park upgrades is going to be very steep. They have to pay for these upgrades that the guests have demanded and at the same time curb the crowds. The product sold is of very high quality and in very high demand.

I'm not happy about it, but I can understand it. I most certainly don't see it as gouging.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas NB Pacific Coast - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder SB Pacific Coast - September 2012
cyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #263
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Third party resellers, such as GAT, Ares, and LMT, will continue to sell their old stock at the old prices until they run out. I think they almost have to, say that you decided to upgrade to an AP, but you ticket had a price of $218, instead of the $248 that you paid. Disney would only give you the $218 towards an upgrade. So, old stock, old prices. Last year it was months before all the third party resellers sold out.

On a related note, does anybody know of third party resellers that sell APs? The only one I ever saw was a CA teachers union website. This would also make the AP vouchers that someone reported were sold in NorCal Safeway stores a fantastic deal, if they are still available.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #264
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

I just hung up with a CM.

Any days added to a ticket will be done at the current prices.

Any upgrades to current APs also will be done according to current prices, no exceptions. Even if, say, you were planning on being at the park next week to upgrade your pass to a Deluxe so you could visit the parks during the summer.

After talking to my husband, we decided its worth it to us to upgrade, even at the new prices. It's just really sad that with the economy being where it is right now, some people really can't absorb this kind of increase. I guess I hope it helps with crowds and prevents instances of full blown chaos (One More Disney Day, anyone?) in the future. Ultimately, this has just made me feel a little disenchanted with Disney and I don't know what to do with that. I don't think there is anyway to be "heard" by people that make these decisions and judging from the CM I just spoke with, they could care less.
Ingrid0382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #265
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382 View Post
I just hung up with a CM.

Any days added to a ticket will be done at the current prices.

Any upgrades to current APs also will be done according to current prices, no exceptions. Even if, say, you were planning on being at the park next week to upgrade your pass to a Deluxe so you could visit the parks during the summer.

After talking to my husband, we decided its worth it to us to upgrade, even at the new prices. It's just really sad that with the economy being where it is right now, some people really can't absorb this kind of increase. I guess I hope it helps with crowds and prevents instances of full blown chaos (One More Disney Day, anyone?) in the future. Ultimately, this has just made me feel a little disenchanted with Disney and I don't know what to do with that. I don't think there is anyway to be "heard" by people that make these decisions and judging from the CM I just spoke with, they could care less.
I would be a lot of money that One More Disney Day had a lot of influence on the scope of this price increase. They clearly couldn't handle the crowds or traffic in the surrounding areas. There is unfortunately only one way to stop so many people from showing up. And it seems like everyone knew about the price increase; but I would be a lot of people missed this. It was only 1.5 days notice and not everyone checks that often.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #266
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

I was checking the Disneyland site and noticed something interesting. I have the Premier AP which will expire 5/31. Although the new prices are posted online if I go to renew my AP online it's showing the old pricing. I can renew it as a Premium AP for $479!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year. Will be at WDW this Saturday. I'm thinking of doing an October DL trip. I was torn between getting another Premier or just regular tickets. If I can still get the Premier for $749 when I'm at WDW I might do it. Otherwise I'll probably just get a DVC WDW AP and then buy tickets for DL. I'm trying to get everything together for this WDW trip. Don't need Disney putting me in a panic about what to do for my October DL trip.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #267
jilld11
Mouseketeer

I can confirm that our disney hopper passes have not gone up yet. This would be booking through a travel agent who uses Holiday House. I'm sure there are other places you can buy them at that haven't increased prices yet.
jilld11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #268
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I'm so mad at myself for not buying them last week! We are getting AP's this year and going on our first trip in July and my plan was to buy them last week, but we've been dealing with Prom for my DD and had dress issues, etc. and I just didn't get around to it and I've been too busy to get on the boards so I didn't see this until this morning...the morning of the 20th!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #269
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilld11 View Post
I can confirm that our disney hopper passes have not gone up yet. This would be booking through a travel agent who uses Holiday House. I'm sure there are other places you can buy them at that haven't increased prices yet.
If you purchase through someone like this can you do the payment plan for the AP's?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #270
nottellin'
Mouseketeer

This thread save my mom money. She is coming to DL with us in August. So she bought a 4 day hopper yesterday. Thanks!

I am sad to say that I don't think we will be getting AP's after our expire though. We live in Canada, and normally go 3 times a years. But with the price increase, I don't think DH will be onboard again.

Disney already costs us a lot, with food, hotels and transportation.

We might have to whittle it down to one trip a year.
nottellin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: