Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #226
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

I just frantically read through this entire thread and didn't see an answer to my question, but if I just missed it, I apologize.

We are visiting the parks next week and were planning on upgrading our SoCal Deluxe APs to Deluxe APs when we arrived. I just found out about the price increase and tried calling the AP line, but they're closed. The web site says upgrades cannot be done online. I'm just sick over the fact that it was going to cost us $330 dollars to upgrade all of our passes, but with the price hike it's going to cost $600.

Is there any way they'll honor the current prices, or is this a lost cause? I wanted to cry when I reached the recording saying the lines were closed. Our passes don't expire until December 19th, so I can't just renew.

I'm so frustrated and wish I had been more on top of this information. I feel like an idiot. It actually would have been worth driving to the parks today to take care of this at the ticket window if I had known sooner
Ingrid0382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #227
disneymom0104
DIS Veteran

So thankful for this thread! I just purchased our 6 day park hoppers for our Dec. trip. I am also incredibly sad they are potentially discontinuing the 6 day park hopper! Hopefully you will be able to add the 6th day to a 5 day ticket, but that could add more stress to the vacation until you get there and know for sure! I spent $984 for 3 adults and 1 child. I decided to just spend $12 more than aRes and get them from the DL website.
Sept. 2008- Pop Century 11 days
Sept. 2010- Carribean Beach 12 days
Oct. 2011- Free Dining at Paradise Pier at DL! 6 days
Dec. 2012- DL- Hojo Kids Suite 7 days
disneymom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #228
NStramler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382 View Post
I just frantically read through this entire thread and didn't see an answer to my question, but if I just missed it, I apologize.

We are visiting the parks next week and were planning on upgrading our SoCal Deluxe APs to Deluxe APs when we arrived. I just found out about the price increase and tried calling the AP line, but they're closed. The web site says upgrades cannot be done online. I'm just sick over the fact that it was going to cost us $330 dollars to upgrade all of our passes, but with the price hike it's going to cost $600.

Is there any way they'll honor the current prices, or is this a lost cause? I wanted to cry when I reached the recording saying the lines were closed. Our passes don't expire until December 19th, so I can't just renew.

I'm so frustrated and wish I had been more on top of this information. I feel like an idiot. It actually would have been worth driving to the parks today to take care of this at the ticket window if I had known sooner
I do not think they will honor these prices after today.. Is it too late to take a drive to the park tonight and do it real fast? that is a lot of money... Did you try this number? 714-781-4400? That is the number I got them at last night.
NStramler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #229
BayAreaMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Lights View Post
Ok, I read this entire thread and I still don't see the straight-up, no-nonsense answer to this question:

What is the difference between buying a deluxe AP online vs. buying a deluxe AP gift voucher online?

As far as I can see, they both have to be redeemed/activated by 12/31/12 (the voucher does NOT give you 1 year from purchase to activate). And both give you access to DL for 1 year from date of entry.

I have a Premier pass right now that expires 12/3/12. I need to buy a deluxe DL AP, which I am going to hold onto until mid December to activate.

Is there any actual difference for me in buying the AP vs. Voucher online? THhe only thing I read is that some people are experiencing glitches in purchasing the AP's which cause their purchase date to be their activation date. So in that case, the voucher sounds like a safer bet.
I really wish I knew the answer...
My AP expires 6/6/12 and I do not want to "renew". I want a new AP in nov.
I was just too worried about the system treating my AP purchase today as an auto-renewal that i just bought the "gift vouchers". I figure this is the safest approach.
BayAreaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #230
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:

Depending on your situation and location I would just GO NOW and upgrade!! Otherwise you will have to pay the $600 instead of the $330. I had planned on buying 5 day hoppers for DD15 and myself and upgrading with the monthly payments when we got to the parks, but prices went up so much that it just didn't make sense to do it that way. Good luck!!

Well, I was going to wait and get parkhoppers and then upgrade, but this price increase pushed my hand....so today I ordered a DAP and PAP for DD15 and myself......I hope I am able to get my moneys worth out of them.....

I can't believe prices are so out of hand!! I won't be able to afford APs after this I suspect.

Thank You to everyone who posted this here and on FB, without you guys our trip would have really sucked.
Now I just have to wait for the email.......

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #231
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies everyone.

We're 4.5 hours away from the parks and probably wouldn't make it after packing up a baby and putting gas in the car. I did try that number, they closed seven minutes before I called.

Thanks again, guys. My heart is pretty heavy knowing Disney is out of the question for us this summer at this point.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #232
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

What I am curious about is what is going to happen to the AP discounts that expire after 12/31 (merchandise mainly). It would be great if they increase it, but I doubt that will be the case. I hope they don't get rid of it all together to thin the amount of AP's.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #233
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone.

We're 4.5 hours away from the parks and probably wouldn't make it after packing up a baby and putting gas in the car. I did try that number, they closed seven minutes before I called.

Thanks again, guys. My heart is pretty heavy knowing Disney is out of the question for us this summer at this point.
I am sorry it won't work out for you. Please remember that if you are a CA resident, you can do the payment plan. Also, the day you upgrade you can enter the parks even if it is a block out day.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #234
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
What I am curious about is what is going to happen to the AP discounts that expire after 12/31 (merchandise mainly). It would be great if they increase it, but I doubt that will be the case. I hope they don't get rid of it all together to thin the amount of AP's.
I don't know for sure, but the Disney Parks Blog announcement mentioned the discounts and said they added value to the pass. If they took away a perk and raised prices, that might be harder for some to swallow.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #235
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am sorry it won't work out for you. Please remember that if you are a CA resident, you can do the payment plan. Also, the day you upgrade you can enter the parks even if it is a block out day.
Thanks, Arch Owl

We're on the payment plan already. My understanding was that if we decide to upgrade, we have to pay the full price difference on the day we upgrade and our monthly payments still stay the same. So no matter what, we still have to pay $600 for the upgrade.

I'm already putting the down payment on passes to activate when ours expire in December. I'm grateful for being able to at least do that.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #236
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Ingrid,
Post your problem as a brand new thread. I would bet that a lot of DIS experts are not keeping up with this VERY long and somewhat redundant thread. I think there is something you can do tonight, I just don't know what.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #237
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
The merchandise discount started back in 2009 (I think) and has been extended and extended. You comment about it expiring 12/31; a few months ago the expected expiration was 5/31. Before they this 10% off discount, there was only a 10% discount for premium card holders (now 20%) and no merchandise discounts for any others. With the way they have raised prices across the board on merchandise and now with the huge AP price increases and with how long these merchandise discounts have stuck around and passholders have come to expect them, I wouldn't be surprised if the merchandise discounts just stick around indefinitely as "added value" for the passes. They can always just raise the base price of the merchandise and pad their profits that way. People will still buy since they're getting a "discount".
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #238
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Thanks, Arch Owl

We're on the payment plan already. My understanding was that if we decide to upgrade, we have to pay the full price difference on the day we upgrade and our monthly payments still stay the same. So no matter what, we still have to pay $600 for the upgrade.

I'm already putting the down payment on passes to activate when ours expire in December. I'm grateful for being able to at least do that.
Oh, I see. Yes, you are correct. To upgrade you would pay the difference upfront. You can't add the difference to the existing payments. I am sorry. I don't see a way around it. You can't buy a voucher or do anything online. I hope something works out for you and you are able to make it over the summer.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #239
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

We already have our 6 day pass but was going to try to add a 7th day at the ticket counter. Should we count this out. Need to start planning out our days.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #240
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

Thanks again, guys

Quote:
Post your problem as a brand new thread. I would bet that a lot of DIS experts are not keeping up with this VERY long and somewhat redundant thread. I think there is something you can do tonight, I just don't know what.

I feel awful starting another thread, I'm sure everyone is totally spent (no pun intended) on this topic. I'm guessing it's safe to assume I missed out and we'll be looking for other things to do this summer, unfortunately.

Seriously, you can't beat this place when it comes to people being helpful and supportive. Thank you all so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: