Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #211
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
I am all set but a friend was wondering if she purchased the deluxe ap online today and did the monthly payment plan, is the first day of her pass till the first time she goes to the park and activates it at the gate?

The voucher does not give you the monthly payment option.
Yes. It starts the first day it's used. I bought my Deluxe AP earlier today, using the monthly plan, and it's no different.

I am still waiting for my e-tix to show up in my email acct. It's been about 3 hours so far.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #212
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur06 View Post
We are going November 3-10.

We are booked at Villas at Grand Californian starting on the 7th. I figure we will be at DLR 4 days. I bought the 5 day hopper, just in case we decided to add a day at the end or just are antsy to go.

I am just trying to decide what we want to do the 3rd to the 6th? that seems to be the toughest call.
If you are looking to book on DVC points, then the choice is obviously narrow. We have stayed at Paradise Pier and it is the lowest points of the Hotels, and honestly it is not that bad. You have to cross a major street to get to the parks but it is fairly close. You still get to use the private back entrance to DCA through the GC resort which is right across the street. The DLH is definitely more points, but much more themed and immersive like what you experience at WDW.
Hope you have a blast wherever you decide to stay

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #213
tinkermomma
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate having you guys for the heads up and answering questions.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
~Uncle Walter
tinkermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #214
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this. We ordered our lone AP for the discount & our three hoppers for our September trip. Still waiting on the email.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #215
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Yes. It starts the first day it's used. I bought my Deluxe AP earlier today, using the monthly plan, and it's no different.

I am still waiting for my e-tix to show up in my email acct. It's been about 3 hours so far.
Thanks for the info.

I am going on a three hour wait also! Have a feeling their website is very back logged!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #216
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
I really think your example illustrates the whole point of these increases. Disney is raising prices partially to keep down the demand. DLR is already pushing the limit on crowds, and Cars Land is going to really test the capacity.

So if you go less often but pay more for each visit, that accomplishes Disney's goals... it keeps the crowds manageable and increases profits. Frustrating, but the parks only have so much capacity and it seems like the demand is practically limitless!

Mary
MouseSavers.com
I agree..and really, it doesn't bother me..Disney is a business and was when Walt was alive and I STILL say for what you get ..the hours the parks are open..all the attractions, the shows, parades, beautiful surroundings, etc., it is really not a bad price to pay. That park hopper or AP is now getting us a basically new theme park with new longer hours, brand new entire LAND and shiny new entertainment as well. So I just paid $246 for DH to go for 5 days so that is under $50 a day..where else can you get all that for under $50 for what could be 12+ hours of fun? This doesn't bother me at all.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #217
curiouslittleoyster
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for starting this thread. Unfortunately, pass expired in September so I was not able to renew but I used Mary from Mousesaver's tip(Thank you, Mary!!) and bought 2 Gift Vouchers for APs for DH and I. We will be redeeming them before the end of this year. I'm still surprised at the increase. From $499 to $649! Wow!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #218
cyclenut
DIS Veteran

DW and I went down in person this afternoon and renewed our Premium passes. We skipped the price increase last year by buying early as well, which means we just delayed the inevitable. As we were buying this year I was commenting that we won't be renewing again next year and DW just looked at me like I was nuts or something.

Kids are older now and on their own to get passes, or not.

Prices all around us are increasing and Disney is no exception, but nobody I have talked to ever expected such a large increase.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas NB Pacific Coast - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder SB Pacific Coast - September 2012
cyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #219
arthur06
DDC #689

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamouse1 View Post
If you are looking to book on DVC points, then the choice is obviously narrow. We have stayed at Paradise Pier and it is the lowest points of the Hotels, and honestly it is not that bad. You have to cross a major street to get to the parks but it is fairly close. You still get to use the private back entrance to DCA through the GC resort which is right across the street. The DLH is definitely more points, but much more themed and immersive like what you experience at WDW.
Hope you have a blast wherever you decide to stay
We are not looking at staying at PPH or DLH.

We want to do MT wax museum, walk of fame, Hollywood and some other things that are a bit farther from Disney. We just plan on staying somewhere closer to those attractions.

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #220
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Ordered a deluxe AP around 2:30pm eastern, got confirmation around 6:30pm.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #221
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Not quite. If you buy an AP VOUCHER it begins on the date of activation. If you buy an AP, it begins immediately.
I don't think this is true....After reading through the thread, both start on the first day of entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberDisney View Post
I purchased passes online NOT vouchers. On my confirmation email AND on each ticket that we turn in to exchange for our APs, it says "expires one year after FIRST ENTRY". It doesn't say 1 year from date of purchase.
Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Little Seed View Post
Looks like maybe this will finally be the price increase that shrinks the number of AP holders (starting with me).
I agree...while I love the thought of fewer people in the parks, I do not want to be one of them. Add rising gas prices to the list and I may have to cancel some of my SoCal trips (or get my friends down there to let me bunk with them for a few nights )

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitsnow View Post
I just got off the phone with guest services for AP. I asked if I can renew my pass before the prices go up. I checked online and it is too early to renew. Lily (cast member) stated that as long as I renew before July 1st I will be able to lock in the current price without the increase.

You can renew your AP 40 days prior to expiring.
Dang, I wish I saw this sooner! I expire 7/24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
I bought PHs about 1/2 hr ago with a gift card. Balance on the card has gone down, but no tickets have shown up. I assume they are busy processing all of the orders, but the email said they would show up within minutes.

I am wondering how long I need to wait until I call customer service. Is anyone in the same boat as me since last night? How long did it take?
I am on the phone waiting right now, but they have a message playing when you first call, it basically says that due to high sales, wait times for emails are at 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
I am all set but a friend was wondering if she purchased the deluxe ap online today and did the monthly payment plan, is the first day of her pass till the first time she goes to the park and activates it at the gate?

The voucher does not give you the monthly payment option.
Luv ya Bridget! I decided to go for the Premium and I set up monthly payment options. Although, I am debating on whether or not to start using it when I go in late June just to have the extra discount, or use my DAP since it is valid through July. Decisions, decisions.

With the massive price hikes, I will never get the premium again and possibly not a DAP either. We may just have to settle coming once every few years after this new pass expires.

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #222
Twinkle Lights
Fill the night with magic

Location: Texas; hotter than...walking around World Showcase in August?

Called customer service to use multiple gift cards to buy our AP vouchers and they are now on callback! They couldn't even put me on hold! I tried to verify that they would call back TODAY but the CM would only tell me they would call back as soon as they could! Ack!

They are definitely swamped with orders!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #223
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup View Post
Luv ya Bridget! I decided to go for the Premium and I set up monthly payment options.
Back at ya sweetie! Wanted to make sure I had the correct info to give you!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #224
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I just spoke with a CM who also confirmed that it is the first day of ENTRY for when the new pass starts. Payments start right away, but not the ticket countdown

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #225
starshine514
DIS Veteran

I just bought vouchers for my family and my parents. I guess we're in for one more year! I saved my order confirmation page as a PDF, since we don't plan on heading back until September, I can wait for the email...as long as it arrives at some point.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: