Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #151
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlover74 View Post
I just got off the phone with a CM and she said that if I buy the AP the expiration date will not go into affect until first day of entry using them. The voucher has to be used by the end of this year to avoid paying the difference.

So me buying APs now with a first use of next year won't work. Buggar!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #152
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
I am, and am thinking about just buying passes right now and canceling the 3 day park hoppers I already bought. Does anyone know how much it costs to cancel ticket purchases through getawaytoday?
I called when I bought our tickets last month and was told it was $15 to cancel. Unless you bought the peace of mind plan for $10, then there's no additional charge.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #153
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

omg, so glad I checked the DIS last night. We're planning on going in Oct. I was going to buy hoppers so we could get a Magic Morning, then upgrade to Premium AP's (a year of DL for our family!)

But for a family of six with five needing tickets, the difference for the Premiums would be $750!!!

Looks like we'll have to forgo the MM and I'm buying the AP's today. Wasn't quite ready financially to do it today, but man... a $750 if we don't...

We haven't been able to go in years because we couldn't afford it. I'm going to count our blessings that we can start going again and that we can get the AP's today at the last minute's notice like this.
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
MommyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #154
Jen&Trenton
Completely Obsessed...

Also just got off the phone with a CM. Since my AP doesn't expire until July he suggested I purchase vouchers which will expire from the date of entry. He mentioned that if I entered after Dec 31/12, I would be charged the difference upon entry. I asked if purchasing online is as safe as over the phone and he said phone. So I began giving him info then it was cut short since United Arab Emirates (for the billing address) didn't come up in his system! It does online thankfully so that is what I ended up doing.

Yay! So excited to have an AP for another year (from the date of entry) at this price!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #155
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLove View Post
omg, so glad I checked the DIS last night. We're planning on going in Oct. I was going to buy hoppers so we could get a Magic Morning, then upgrade to Premium AP's (a year of DL for our family!)

But for a family of six with five needing tickets, the difference for the Premiums would be $750!!!

Looks like we'll have to forgo the MM and I'm buying the AP's today. Wasn't quite ready financially to do it today, but man... a $750 if we don't...

We haven't been able to go in years because we couldn't afford it. I'm going to count our blessings that we can start going again and that we can get the AP's today at the last minute's notice like this.
If you ar staying onsite, you can still get MM on the hotel days. Also prior to September, you can get a MM at each park with an AP.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #156
mabdallah
Halloween Time !

So glad I bought our tickets early, we bought our package for this August in Feb so our 4 day park hoppers sound like a great deal now. I am also glad that through this board I was able to let my parents know to buy there 3 day park hoppers last week becuase of the rumors of ticket increase, I saved them some money!!!! Thanks disboards for all the planning help, could not do it without you!!!

DL Sept 2007, Oct 2008, Aug 2012, Oct 2013 and soon June 2015!
mabdallah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #157
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I, too, was stunned by the price hikes.

Don't get me wrong - I knew all along that we'd be seeing another price increase before Cars Land opens. In fact, as soon as the prices went up last year in June - instead of in August, which was the expected time - I knew that it meant that the prices would go up around the same time this year, just in time for the masses to descend upon DCA for the unveiling of all the new stuff. (Although I expected the increase to happen in June and not in May.)

I even figured that Disney would increase the increase, as it were... I assumed they would go from, say, a $40 or $50 price hike on the Premium and Deluxe AP's to, perhaps, something like a $60/$70 increase. Maybe even $75 for the Premium. It would still hurt the ol' wallet, of course, but because of all the new things that are poised to debut at DLR in just a few weeks, I thought it was likely.

I just about fell on the floor in shock when I saw that the Premiums are going up by $150, and the Deluxe by $90. Actually, I don't even know what to say about it that hasn't already been said in this thread! Frankly, some of what I said and thought (to myself) can't even be repeated on the DIS!

I know Disney is a massive entity in the business world, and they know how to make strategic decisions and raise prices on everything while still reeling in the adoring fans who eat it all up (that would be us). So I am sure there must be a method to their madness in raising the prices soooo much all at one time, rather that kind of doing it in stages over time.

This kind of huge increase in the AP prices only makes sense to me - in my non-business-oriented mind - if Disney were not going to increase its prices at all for another 2 or 3 years. IF they skip an increase next year and don't raise the prices again until 2014 or 2015, then tomorrow's price hikes would seem reasonable to me. But...how many of us really think that Disney is not going to raise its prices again for another 2 or 3 years? It's highly likely that there will be some sort of increase every single year, as there has been every year for a long time.

My AP doesn't expire until November, so it will carry me through a couple of Halloween Time visits, thankfully. But, my annual DLR trip in December - which is what I look forward to every year, and which is my true priority over all other Disney trips - will be affected. I'm not sure I'll be able to renew the Premium AP. I may have to downgrade to the Deluxe (and take the lower food discounts) or go with a Hopper. I'm not in a position to get a voucher for a new AP now, unfortunately. I will have to just play it by ear and sort it all out in another few months.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #158
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

Thank you to posting this, I was able to talk Hubby into buying APs sooner rather than later.
mmlover74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #159
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NStramler View Post
The passes expire 1 year from the first day you use them, not a year from the day you buy them. Meaning, next July you would need to come earlier than you do this year because they will expire 1 year from the day that you first use them. Example: you use the pass July 10, 2012... it will expire July 10, 2013
Yes, this is what we normally do but people are making think it works differently now. That's where I got concerned.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #160
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I just merged another couple of threads into this one - same exact topic/discussion; no real need for several separate threads.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 05-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #161
limace
DIS Veteran

Whew! Thank God I stalk these boards and get the Mousesavers emails, especially since we need 6 day hoppers. Bought mine today! Now my husband can't change his mind about our trip . Or I guess he can, and I'll leave the toddler home with him and bring a friend!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #162
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney

Is there any info on 7 day passes for Canadians? We are going in February and I was going to upgrade 7 day PH's to AP's. I am hoping to go again in October for my 50th Bday
If my plan works out and I do get to go twice....16 days in the parks with an AP works out to about $30 a day.I think that is a real bargain.Even at 11 days it is $43 a day.
Considering that the local fair charges $15 a person to ride the ferris wheel and tilt a whirl...
Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #163
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Our APs expire in September. We were planning one more trip in August, then we were going to let them expire and renew in October. Now I doubt we will even go in October. New deluxe AP price times seven is just crazy.

Looks like we will stick to annual trips after this year.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #164
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
Normally if you've paid your deposit on a package, the price is locked in. Actually the package prices are usually locked in through the end of the year regardless: the ticket prices within packages shouldn't go up until 2013, even on new package bookings after 5/20.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
I want to make sure I have this right re: booking packages and ticket increases. Since I read on here that package prices are normally locked in for the year, I called Disney and they said that they WOULD be affected! They told me if I booked the package today (and my dates weren't within 30 days), as long as I paid my $200 deposit my price would be locked in. But if I booked tomorrow, the package prices will be higher due to the increase.

Normally I know it is cheaper to book separately, but I had been debating a Fairfield package as it's the one hotel where I actually find package prices better than booking separately, and if you go through Costco you get the free character dining and $20 gift card + extras.

Now I'm totally confused. And a little depressed - it's getting so expensive!
Christmas 2012 - BWPPI for 3 days
July 2013 - Disneyland Paris @ Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest
Christmas 2013 - BWPPI for 3 days
Christmas 2014 - BWPPI for 3 days (but as always, crossing our fingers for GC PIN code or deal!)
NewbieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #165
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Jeepers, creepers! Going as often as I do the prices for the AP's are still a bargain, but putting down that much all at once or even the newer monthly amount I just could never pull off right now. Glad I don't have to worry about it for quite a while. But I'm pretty sure this will make it harder for my family to come down to visit me later this year.

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: