Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
PrincessTianna05
Earning My Ears

Surprising The Family

My fiance' and I are surprising his immediate family with an all expense paid trip to WDW in July 2013. I'm the big planner here, DF is now accepting of WDW b/c we went last year for christmas and New Years and had a great time. So we both spoke and joked about taking his family. Fast forward to to the present and now seriously planning his family's first trip to the Mouse's House. It's been fun and overwhelming at the same time.

So here is what we're up against....

The people involved

His.....

Mom
Dad
3 adult sisters
2 nieces- 16 and 6 years old
2 adult nephews
1 friend of the family
2 great nephews ages (3 & 1)

We decided that a villa would be to cramped and the fact that everyone would want their own room with their children. Everyone's sleep pattern and temperaments are different. For some of them this will be their first time of the state and for others it will be the first time experiencing FL weather. We plan to tell them at the 180 day mark that way they can make their own dining reservations and plans for work.

So here in lies the problem, We want to pay for them all with gift cards (We have been saving them since Dec of last year) Can I make the reservation or do I need to have them all make their reservations on their own? Can I just create an account for them on online? any advice will be welcome?

The plan that we'd come up with
6 rooms at POP
8/7 nights
DDxP - DF likes the flexibility of that plan rather than figuring out what is counter service and a table service..etc

TIA
Tianna
PrincessTianna05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
dhardawa
DIS Veteran

I did this on a much smaller scale last year and was able to make all the reservations.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
jtopp
driving the monorail in my dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTianna05 View Post
My fiance' and I are surprising his immediate family with an all expense paid trip to WDW in July 2013. I'm the big planner here, DF is now accepting of WDW b/c we went last year for christmas and New Years and had a great time. So we both spoke and joked about taking his family. Fast forward to to the present and now seriously planning his family's first trip to the Mouse's House. It's been fun and overwhelming at the same time.

So here is what we're up against....

The people involved

His.....

Mom
Dad
3 adult sisters
2 nieces- 16 and 6 years old
2 adult nephews
1 friend of the family
2 great nephews ages (3 & 1)

We decided that a villa would be to cramped and the fact that everyone would want their own room with their children. Everyone's sleep pattern and temperaments are different. For some of them this will be their first time of the state and for others it will be the first time experiencing FL weather. We plan to tell them at the 180 day mark that way they can make their own dining reservations and plans for work.

So here in lies the problem, We want to pay for them all with gift cards (We have been saving them since Dec of last year) Can I make the reservation or do I need to have them all make their reservations on their own? Can I just create an account for them on online? any advice will be welcome?

The plan that we'd come up with
6 rooms at POP
8/7 nights
DDxP - DF likes the flexibility of that plan rather than figuring out what is counter service and a table service..etc

TIA
Tianna
What a nice gesture!!! Can you adopt us?! Just kidding!! Have a great time with your new extended family
7-76- off site;5-80- off site;9-86- off site;5-89- CBR;5-90-CBR;9-91- CBR;9-92 -CBR;5-94- CBR;10-95- CBR;11-96- CBR;10-97- Cont;10-99- BWV;5-00-OKW;10-00- OKW;12-00- Poly;12-01-OKW;05-02-ASM;10-02-Okw;12-03-OKW;10-04-OKW;12-04-OKW;5-05-OKW ;11-05-GKTW; 06-06-OKW; 12-07-dolphin: 5-09-POP :8-09-Hilton :8-10-POP: 7-11-POP: 12-12-POP: 8-13-SSR

DW
dd 25
ds 21
ds 15
jtopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
family, reservations, surprise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: