Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #76
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Looks wonderful and I'm super envious!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #77
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Paris, France

Saturday 23rd Feb
Train departing Montreux at 08:19am, via Geneva, arriving in Paris at 12:49pm

I wanted to make sure we'd have a useable afternoon in Paris, which meant an early start. When I first put the details into the train website, it had us going via Bern. I've heard great things about the scenery between Geneva and Paris, so I specifically wanted to go that way. It just meant that I had to book Montreux-Geneva and then Geneva-Paris separately.

When we arrive back in Paris we'll be staying at Hotel Terminus Lyon again (unless it's terrible the first time), back in our quad room.

This afternoon is the surprise for Mum. It departs from the Eiffel Tower at 4pm, so we'll catch the train over that way as soon as we've settled in at the hotel. I booked the surprise so that afterwards we would be able to watch the sunset at the Eiffel Tower and see it light up. We might have dinner over that way too before making our back to the hotel.

(I'm sure you've all seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower, so I won't bother to put one in here )

Sunday 24th Feb

This morning we'll be heading back to the Eiffel Tower for our bike tour of Paris. This is a birthday present for Dad (not a surprise though) - him and Mum are big into cycling.

The tour will take us past:
The Eiffel Tower
Napoleon's Tomb
The Louvre
Musee D'Orsay
Tuileries Gardens
Champs-Elysees

We get to stop for photos, but don't go into any of the places. We also stop for lunch. The tour goes for about 4 hours.

After the tour I think Mum will want to go to Champs-Elysees to do some shopping But that means I can go to the Disney Store And no doubt we will see the Arc de Triomphe while we're in the area.

We'll probably have dinner in the area too (as much as I'm sure the restaurants there are tourist trap rip-offs!) before making our way back to the hotel.

Monday 25th Feb

I want to include Monday morning in the Paris section, as we're not done yet!

This morning we have a tour of the Eiffel Tower booked, departing at 10:30am. So once again we'll be hot-footing it to the Eiffel Tower first thing in the morning (hmmm maybe we should have stayed somewhere closer after all ). We specifically booked the tour as it means we won't have to line up for tickets or lifts, although I'm not expecting it to be busy first thing on a Monday morning anyway. We were hoping to have this booked in for the weekend too, but the times that were still available just didn't fit in with the rest of our plans. They suggest allowing 2 hours for the tour, so we'll probably have some lunch afterwards.

We'll have to check out of our hotel before we leave for the tour, but will leave our bags there, so we'll be going back one last time before heading to our next destination.

Up next, our plans for Disneyland.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #78
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Looks wonderful and I'm super envious!
Don't worry PIO - you have your US trip to look forward, of which I will be super envious

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #79
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Disneyland Paris, France

Monday 25th Feb
By the time we finish our tour, have some lunch, go back to the hotel to collect our bags, and get out to Val d'Europe, I'm guessing we won't get to DLP before 4pm, which is a bit sad for me not giving us much time for our first day at Disneyland Still, I've allowed lots of time for everything, so we might get there a bit earlier.

We're staying at Hotel L'Elysee. Aside from being a LOT cheaper offsite, I wondered if 24/7 Disney might be a bit overwhelming for Dad. I think this will be better. We've got a family room booked.

Opening hours still aren't up for that week, but for the week before the park closes at 8pm, so if that's the case we'll still have a good few hours there.

I think the plan for today will be first of all to get our APs done and dining reservations, then to just get a good overview of the park, get an idea of what's available and where everything is, maybe check out a few shops, and probably stay for Dreams. Hopefully my parents will be up for dinner at Disney Village to extend the Disney fix for today.

Tuesday 26th Feb

Another Disneyland day planned for today. We'll allow ourselves to sleep in, and just head off at our leisure. Might stop in Val d'Europe for a light brekky. Toay we'll just check out each land in a bit more depth, explore some walk-throughs and do some rides. I hope to be able to do Blue Lagoon for lunch today, and watch the parade if it's on.

Wednesday 27th Feb

I plan to make today a Disney Studios day. We'll try to get there for rope drop and go straight for Crush's Coaster. Mum can hold our stuff while we ride We'll see all the shows we can here because I know that's something Mum will really enjoy (she's not much of a rides person), and of course, check out the shops here as well.

Thursday 28th Feb

Disneyland again today. Depending on how the crowds have been, we might try to do EMH, but we probably won't bother if it's been pretty quiet and we feel like we'll get everything done.

Today will be the day to make do the rides/attractions/shows we haven't done yet. We can hop over to the Studios if we still need to finish off anything over there. I also hope to have lunch at Walt's today.

Friday 1st March

This will be a day to just take everything in, make sure I've taken all the photographs I want to, bought all my souvenirs, and ride our favourites one last time. I do hope to fit in afternoon tea at the DLH, and watch Dreams as our Disney finale... I'm sad just writing about it

Saturday 2nd March
Flight departing Paris 4:25pm, via London, arriving in Hong Kong at 2:20pm Sunday

I'm not sure what my parents have planned for today (they are going to a language school in regional France for the next week and not sure what their travel arrangements are). Hopefully we will have time for breakfast in Disney Village before we go our separate ways. I will probably just hang around as long as possible and maybe grab some quick lunch before getting the train back to CDG airport.

Since I had most of today free, and I had to go through London anyway, I thought about taking an early Eurostar and spending a few hours looking around. It was going to increase my flights by several hundred $$ to do that though, because of the ridiculous departure tax at Heathrow So now I'll just be passing through.

Up next, my plans for Hong Kong.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #80
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Hong Kong

Sunday 3rd March

I'll be arriving in Hong Kong at 2:20pm, and will go straight to Hong Kong Disneyland on the train. I've been before, so I know which trains to get and where to transfer etc. Once I get to Disneyland, I could take the shuttle to my hotel, but I think I will walk along the park promenade, and probably stop for photos of my favourite fountain.

I'll be staying at the Hollywood Hotel this time, in a park view room.

After settling in, I plan to go for a walk around Inspiration Lake. I didn't get there last time, and since weekends are blocked out on my pass, I can't go to the park today.

For dinner, I plan to walk to the Disneyland Hotel (where I stayed last time) and have snacks and drinks in the foyer/lounge area. It's very comfortable and they often have entertainment.

If there's time after dinner I might wander to the fountain/Disneyland entrance again to take more photos after dark. If not, I'll just go back to my hotel and call it a night. I will of course be watching the fireworks from my room (the whole point of getting a park view).

Monday 4th March

This morning I want to ride the cable car up to Ngong Ping to see the big Buddha. We didn't get to go last time because it was down for maintenance, so if it's up and running this time, I definitely want to go. It opens at 9am, and I've figured out that I can get there and back, plus spend an hour at the top, and be back at Disneyland before lunch

First of all I'll have to take the train to Tung Chung. I've been there before too, and it's the end of the line, so it should be easy to manage. Might grab a bite to eat at the train station. From there the cable car station is just across the road.

I want to get a crystal cabin if I can. These ones have clear floors so you can see straight down. Since the ride takes 20 minutes, and I will be on my own, I may end up regretting this choice Once I get to the top I'll see the big Buddha and maybe wander some of the trails - not interested in any of the 'experiences' up there. Then come down again, get back on the train and head back to Disneyland.

When I get to Disneyland, I'll be heading straight for Grizzly Gulch and doing the Runaway Mine Train ride - can't wait! After that I'll have some CS lunch somewhere, and have a look at the show times for The Lion King and The Golden Mickeys, and will probably plan to see them tomorrow. Then off to some of my favourites (in clockwise order from Grizzly Gulch) Tarzan's Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh and Space Mountain.

I'll be watching the parade, and will happily interrupt my ride schedule for that if required. Then continue with some character meets at Fantasy Gardens, Grizzly Gulch again after dark (I want to make sure I experience it fully), and shopping (love their biscuit tins!). Then to finish off the night with a sweet treat from the bakery while watching the fireworks.

Tuesday 5th March

Today I'll be aiming to do as much as I can before the parade, because I will have to leave straight afterwards. I'll have to check out of the hotel before I go, but will leave my bags there. I aim to be at the park for opening, and will grab a bite to eat from the bakery while waiting for rope drop. Once the rope drops, I'll be hot-footing it over to Grizzly Gulch again!

The rest of the day will be more favourite rides fit in around The Lion King and The Golden Mickeys. About half an hour before the parade, I'll grab a yummy strawberry and mango Minnie ice-cream bar and stake out a good spot.

Unfortunately I won't have time to say a proper goodbye as I'll be hot-footing it out of there again to grab my bags and be on the train to the airport I may be able to get another quick Disney fix at the airport with the Disney Store

Then I'll be heading back to Melbourne on an 8 hour overnight flight - always a terrible way to end a great holiday!

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #81
PrincessInOz
in

Sounds like a jammed-pack couple of days at Paris and HK! Enjoy!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #82
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Boooo! Apparently POTC *AND* the associated Blue Lagoon restaurant will be closed for refurb while we're there Looks like I'll have to find an alternative lunch venue for Disney Day 2

At least it's not an attraction that's unique to Paris that's down Just wish they had a POTC in HK so I could still get my fix

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #83
PrincessInOz
in

Boooo!

At least you'll have Grizzly Gulch to console you. Is the Mystic Manor up and running yet?

Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #84
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Boooo!

At least you'll have Grizzly Gulch to console you. Is the Mystic Manor up and running yet?
Very true I think Mystic Manor is opening in summer, so I probably won't get to see it (will probably be at about the same stage Grizzly Gulch was when we went last year). HK is such a convenient location for a stopover though, I'm sure I'll see it in the not-too-distant future

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #85
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

5 weeks to go!

Let's have another look at that list...

Done
Flights (Qantas)
Passport
Accommodation Paris (Terminus Lyon)
Accommodation Innsbruck (Basic Hotel)
Accommodation Lucerne (Hotel Monopol)
Accommodation Montreux (Best Western)
Accommodation Disneyland (Hotel L'Elysee)
Disneyland tickets
Train tickets
Mum's special surprise
Eiffel Tower tour tickets (for skip the line access)
Paris bike tour
Accommodation HK (Hollywood Hotel)

To Do
Airport transfer for arrival in Paris
Buy Paris metro passes (you can buy these in advance)
Print off information I have gathered
Gather paperwork together, make copies of important docs to leave with DH
Book in for a hair cut and eyelash tinting
Paint my Disney nails
Start packing!

I'm going to start packing this weekend. It's the middle of summer in Australia, with temperatures up to 42 degrees C (or 104 degrees F), so I don't think I'll miss my ski jacket and thermals

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #86
PrincessInOz
in

Sounds like you're nearly all organised except for packing.

Your To Do list doesn't seems like a lot of effort to me! YAY!

Old 01-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #87
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Opening times are up!

Not for the Friday though since that's part of March

I'm thrilled to see that it will still be open until 8pm - that will really help get more out of our first day! Opening at 10am, but there's extra magic hours from 8am. I might be tempted to do a couple of EMHs but if the crowds are low we may not bother.

Closures seem to be POTC as mentioned before, the Studios Tram tour, and Snow White. Everything else seems to be back up and running for the end of the month

The program for shows and parades isn't up yet, and I don't think it goes up until the week prior. From what I can gather though, the parade will be on at 5pm and Dreams will be on at park closing.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #88
PrincessInOz
in

Have you worked out your must-do rides?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #89
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

All of them

But seriously...
Big Thunder Mountain
Phantom Manor
Indiana Jones (I know a lot of people say it's not a highlight, but I love a rollercoaster!)
Castle walk-through and dragon's lair
Peter Pan
Pinocchio (I didn't do this in Anaheim and can't do it in HK)
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Space Mountain Mission 2
Star Tours (this is more a must-do for Dad)
Buzz Lightyear (Mum loves computer games, I think she'll enjoy this)
Cinemagique
Animagique
Tower of Terror
Rock N Rollercoaster
Crush's Coaster

With 5 mid-week days in low season, I'm expecting to be able to do pretty much everything that isn't closed for maintenance.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #90
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

4 weeks to go!

The magical countdown is on!

During the week I booked our arrival transfers and bought the Paris metro passes

The most exciting thing that's happened this week is that my accountant FINALLY got my tax return finished (yes, he's a little slack...) and for the first time in the 10 years that I've been doing tax returns, I'm actually due for a decent refund This will cover my spending money in Europe

I've added a few little last minute things to my to-do list...

Print off information I have gathered
Gather paperwork together, make copies of important docs to leave with DH
Book in for a hair cut and eyelash tinting
Make sure I have enough of any prescription meds
Check out options for motion sickness meds
Waterproof my boots (bought the waterproofer weeks ago, just need to use it )
Get a few pairs of decent socks
Paint my Disney nails
Start packing!

Mum and I saw some jeans in an outlet store years ago that we were a bit tempted to buy, but didn't know if we'd get enough use out of them. They're fleece-lined so just like wearing a pair of trackies under your jeans! We've decided that they might be worth purchasing given the circumstances, and I'll definitely wear them in Melbourne in winter (I always complain of having cold legs). I called the outlet store in question and they have them in the right sizes for me and Mum, so I'm going to try to swing by there this afternoon.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: