Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #61
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like you're gettiing super organised.

And yes....I'm surprised at how early you have to book tickets on the European trains these days. I wonder if they do reserve some for the Eurail passengers?

Hope the rest falls in place quickly too.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #62
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

We FINALLY have Disney tickets

Turns out Promoparcs no longer ship to Australia, but I could have them emailed, just had to do a bit of a dodgy on the shipping address

So how's that list looking?

Done - Booked and Paid For
Flights (Qantas)
Passport
Accommodation Paris (Terminus Lyon)
Accommodation Innsbruck (Basic Hotel)
Accommodation Lucerne (Hotel Monopol)
Accommodation Montreux (Best Western)
Accommodation Disneyland (Hotel L'Elysee)
Disneyland tickets
Train tickets (most of them)
Mum's special surprise

Still Need to Book
Accommodation HK - will have to call, online booking not working
Train tickets for Zurich to Lucerne - not available yet
Pre-purchased tickets for Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame - still need to investigate this more
Fat Tire Versailles tour - Mum was going to make some of her own enquiries and decide whether we want to do it or not

I should add Disney meals to that list... I think I want to experience a meal at Walt's and Blue Lagoon. I've done Blue Bayou in the US and that was pretty cool - I think Mum would like it Not sure if my parents will be into character meals so they may not be a feature of this trip, will have to discuss further with Mum. I was also thinking of doing an afternoon tea at DLH, but not sure if this is just on weekends? If it's on a Friday we could do it as part of our last full day. Anyway, I don't think getting a booking will be too much of a problem at that time of year and with flexible schedules (we'll eat at any time really lol!). I'll probably just leave it til we get there.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #63
PrincessInOz
in

Looks great, Zanzibar. I think you should be okay in HK with the afternoon tea.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-29-2012, 04:16 AM   #64
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Flights (Qantas)
Passport
Disneyland tickets
Mum's special surprise
Eiffel Tower tour tickets (for skip the line access)
Paris bike tour
Accommodation HK (Hollywood Hotel)

Still Need to Book
Airport transfer for arrival in Paris

Finally booked my HK accommodation. I've got a park view room booked at the Hollywood Hotel, with a 15% discount The CM I spoke to sounded very pleased that I will have been to 3 Disney parks, and when I mentioned that I had an AP, asked if I was calling from HK. She was VERY surprised when I said I was calling from Australia

And now have our itinerary pretty much set for our stay in Paris. We'll have Mum's special surprise on the Saturday afternoon, then on Sunday we'll have a bike tour of Paris, then Monday we'll have a morning tour at the Eiffel Tower before heading off to Disneyland.

Mum wants to get a private tour from the airport when we first arrive in Paris. Any suggestions?

I suppose the next thing to do will be to start figuring out what to pack!

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
Old 12-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #65
PrincessInOz
in

Zanzibar! Thats a great looking completed list!

Well done!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #66
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Zanzibar! Thats a great looking completed list!

Well done!
Thanks PIO! Starting to feel a bit more organised now I suddenly realised that it's only 6 weeks away

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #67
PrincessInOz
in

6 weeks? OMG! No wonder you need to be organised!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #68
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Flights (Qantas)
Passport
Disneyland tickets
Mum's special surprise
Eiffel Tower tour tickets (for skip the line access)
Paris bike tour
Accommodation HK (Hollywood Hotel)

Still Need to Book
Airport transfer for arrival in Paris

Finally booked my HK accommodation. I've got a park view room booked at the Hollywood Hotel, with a 15% discount The CM I spoke to sounded very pleased that I will have been to 3 Disney parks, and when I mentioned that I had an AP, asked if I was calling from HK. She was VERY surprised when I said I was calling from Australia

And now have our itinerary pretty much set for our stay in Paris. We'll have Mum's special surprise on the Saturday afternoon, then on Sunday we'll have a bike tour of Paris, then Monday we'll have a morning tour at the Eiffel Tower before heading off to Disneyland.

Mum wants to get a private tour from the airport when we first arrive in Paris. Any suggestions?

I suppose the next thing to do will be to start figuring out what to pack!
Sounds great Zanzibar. I wouldn't worry to muh about the Lucerne to Zurich leg. We did this in November and it is like a local train service leaving often. No seat reservation. Just need ticket and jump on board. We had ours booked but only because I Purchased as part of a connection enroute to Munich.

I would be planning on that extra morning in Paris before heading out to DLP. Train is really easy. About 45 minutes but from memory 26eur for the four of us each way. Get Paris done and then get to Disney. And the wind chill it there is unbelievable. enjoy.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #69
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Sounds great Zanzibar. I wouldn't worry to muh about the Lucerne to Zurich leg. We did this in November and it is like a local train service leaving often. No seat reservation. Just need ticket and jump on board. We had ours booked but only because I Purchased as part of a connection enroute to Munich.
Yeah that's what I figured. Our tickets between Montreux and Geneva are like that too, but we got them since they were available. Not stressing too much about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
I would be planning on that extra morning in Paris before heading out to DLP. Train is really easy. About 45 minutes but from memory 26eur for the four of us each way. Get Paris done and then get to Disney. And the wind chill it there is unbelievable. enjoy.
Since we'll be at DLP on only weekdays for a whole week at a quiet time, I thought we could afford to lose one morning On the plus side, if we arrive a bit later we might be able to check in to our hotel straight away. And I have my thermals, polar fleeces, parkas and wind-breakers ready to go

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #70
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

6 weeks to go!

In honour of it now being 6 weeks until I will actually be on the plane halfway to Perth, I thought I would re-visit our itinerary with the many updates since I originally posted it a few months ago.

Travel Days

Thursday 14th Feb
Flight departing Melbourne at 5:45pm, arriving in Perth at 6:30pm (it's actually a 4 hour flight, but with 3 hours time difference )

I'll try to have the day off work today, or at least leave by lunch time, so I've got plenty of time to do all my double-checks and get to the airport in plenty of time (it's about a 1 1/2 hour drive for us). Not sure how I'll get to the airport at this stage - since I'll want to leave during work hours for DH, I might be forced to take public transport, in which case I will definitely want to have the whole day at my disposal!

Mum might pick me up at the airport when I arrive, or I might just get a taxi to their place (since we'll be back at the airport early the next morning). She only lives about a 1/2 hour away from the airport.

Friday 15th Feb
Flight departing Perth at 10:10am, via Hong Kong, arriving in Paris at 5:35am Saturday

We'll be up bright and early this morning to get to the airport with plenty of time. Mum and I both hate to leave things til the last minute! It will just be Mum and I on the way over. In a complete coincidence, Dad actually needed to go to Europe for work the week before our trip was scheduled, so we'll just meet him in Paris.

Unfortunately we have a fairly long layover in Hong Kong - about 5 1/2 hours. Not quite sure how we'll keep ourselves entertained for that long.

Saturday 16th Feb
I have yet to book our private transfer for when we arrive, will actually talk to Mum about whether it might be worth just taking a taxi, having looked a bit more into it.

We'll make our way by transfer or taxi to our hotel, the Terminus Lyon, which is right next to Gare de Lyon train station (handy for the train the next morning).

We'll have a quadruple room. I had actually booked the room for the Friday night as well as Saturday night, so that we could check in straight away and freshen up after our flight. Now Dad will be using the room on the Friday night, and after a week in Europe already, he'll be ready to start sight-seeing while Mum and I struggle with exhaustion and jetlag

We'll probably take it fairly easy this afternoon, but the Notre Dame Cathedral seems to be fairly close to our hotel, so I'm hoping we'll feel up to doing that as our first Paris activity!

Otherwise we'll probably just wander around area close to our hotel to try and get our bearings a bit. I am going to try to fit in a 1 hour walk (for exercise, not sight-seeing) each weekend I'm away, so I don't fall too far behind in my training program. This time will probably be my best chance to fit one in this weekend. I imagine it will be an early night!

Up next, our plans for Innsbruck.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING

Last edited by zanzibar138; 01-05-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #71
PrincessInOz
in

5 1/2 hours in Hong Kong airport?

Shop, eat, visit Disney store.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #72
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
5 1/2 hours in Hong Kong airport?

Shop, eat, visit Disney store.
I'm sure the Disney store will feature strongly

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #73
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Innsbruck, Austria

Sunday 17th Feb
Train departing Paris at 8:23am, via Zurich, arriving in Innsbruck at 4:06pm

This will be a fairly early morning, to check out of the hotel and make our way to the train station in plenty of time - lucky it's just across the road!

Really looking forward to this train ride... all our train rides really! Will be amazing to see the scenery which will be completely different to anything I've seen before. Having said that, after 8 hours I'm sure I'll be glad to finally get to our destination. We do have to change trains in Zurich, which I'm hoping will be fairly straight forward.

Seems like our hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the station in Innsbruck, so it should be relatively easy to get there. We're staying at the Basic Hotel, in a standard room (which sleeps 3).

Since we're arriving late in the afternoon, by the time we check in and get settled, we won't have much time to really do anything as such. We'll probably just wander around the local area.

Monday 18th Feb

This will be our first day without any travel - which will be a nice break for me after having done some travelling every day since Thursday

After a leisurely breakfast, I think we'll go on a bit of a walking tour of Old Town. There are lots of sights within a 10 minute walk of our hotel, including the Golden Roof, Triumphal Arch, Town Tower, and a couple of nice looking cathedrals.

We'll try to get to the Bergisel Ski Jump for lunch. Apparently from the city centre, you can take a tram, get a taxi, or walk (about 20 minutes). We'll probably decide on the day what to do based on the weather and how we feel. At the bottom of the jump there is a funicular which takes you to the tower in 2 minutes. Then a lift to get to the top of the tower. There are two restaurants at the top, one looks like a bit fancier place, and the other looks like a more casual buffet style place. Again, we'll probably decide when we get there.

In the afternoon, we'll probably go up the Nordkette mountain on the Nordkettenbahnen, which is a funicular starting right in the city, only about a 15 minute walk from our hotel. You can go all the way up to the top of the mountain for views of the city and the other way over the mountains. We'll go as far as we're comfortable which will mainly depend on how late it is when we start off. We may want to stay up there for the sunset so that we can see the city light up

Then back to the city for dinner, and back to the hotel in time to pack and get a decent night's sleep ready for our next travel day.

Up next, our plans for Lucerne.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING

Last edited by zanzibar138; 01-05-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #74
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Lucerne, Switzerland

Tuesday 19th Feb
Train departing Innsbruck at 9:54am, via Zurich, arriving in Lucerne at 2:49pm

Another big-ish travel day today, but the journey is broken up and will be spectacular scenery, so I think it will go quite quickly. I wanted to leave early enough that we'll still have a couple of hours sight-seeing time in Lucerne, but not so early that we have to get up at the crack of dawn! I think this is a pretty good compromise.

Hotel Monopol is literally just across the road from the train station in Lucerne (google maps gives me a 2 minute walk), so we won't have to waste much time once we arrive. We've booked a standard triple room.

In the afternoon we'll probably take a wander, cross the Chapel Bridge, maybe see the Dying Lion Monument, and generally take in the scenery.

Wednesday 20th Feb

Today we'll be heading straight for Mt Pilatus. We can get a bus or a taxi to the base, then go to the top on the cable cars. We'll probably spend a bit of time here checking it out, maybe even have a play in the snow with sleds or something, and there's a couple of nice looking easy hiking trails we can check out if the weather's nice. There are plenty of restaurants around, so we'll no doubt stay for lunch, and head back down on the cable cars when we're ready.

I don't have anything else planned for today, so we'll be able to spend as much time on Mt Pilatus as we want to. If we have time when we come down, we'll do a bit more sight-seeing (and maybe some shopping) in the city. Then of course back to the hotel to pack and get ready for another move tomorrow.

Up next, our plans for Montreux.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #75
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Montreux, Switzerland

Thursday 21st Feb
Train departing Lucerne at 10:00am, arriving in Montreux at 12:10pm

I was planning to book the Golden Pass train for our transportation from Lucerne to Montreux (in fact, that was the reason we were going to Montreux in the first place!). However, apparently I left it too late to book and we would have all been separated for the entire journey, which I didn't think would be that much fun. So on the plus side, it will be a nice short train ride, we won't have to transfer anywhere, and I'm sure it will still be lovely scenery that we can all enjoy together.

Again, our hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the station. We're staying at the Best Western Eurotel Riviera, in a superior lake and mountain view room for 3. I booked the view room because apparently they're a bit bigger than the standard ones, and not that much more expensive.

We'll have most of the afternoon for sight-seeing when we arrive, but I don't have that much planned. I'm hoping that we'll be able to go on a water-craft on the lake, but I can't find that much information on the internet, so we might just have to wait until we get there. The Lake Geneva Navigation Company looks like a bit of a ferry service type place. If that's the case we might check out somewhere else along the lake for a couple of hours. I couldn't read their timetable on the website. Other than that, we might take a walk along the lakeside promenade.

Friday 22nd Feb

This morning we'll visit Chateau de Chillon on Lake Geneva. It's about a 4km walk from the city along the lake, which could be nice if the weather is good. Otherwise we can take the train.

In the afternoon we'll go up Rochers-de-Naye via the Golden Pass funicular. The food looks pretty basic up there, so we might have lunch in Montreux before we go. There's a marmot sanctuary up on the mountain, which could be interesting to check out (and it's free!).

We won't be out too late tonight because we'll have a very early morning the next day

Up next, our plans for Paris.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: