Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #121
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Hello everyone! Just wanted to do a quick real life update:

I arrived in Florida yesterday around 6:45. We are staying at Pop Century for the first time - my Mom got a pin code so it was a really good deal It's not as nice as POR, but I like it; just glad to be on Disney property!

Also wanted to let you all know that I checked in today for the Disney College Program! It was so much fun and so exciting. I am going to post more about the process in my blog, if you are interested. I also found out my work location...

FRONTIERLAND

I'm so pumped!!!

Since work will be starting soon I'm going to try and wrap up this dining review. I will post a link to my new dining thread (once I start it of course). Thanks again to everyone for following along in my dining adventures!

Congrats!! My sister checked into CP yesterday as well. She's going to be working in Tomorrowland
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #122
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
So many great updates to read and photos to look at!

I'm surprised at how good the veggie sandwich at The Plaza looks, and the tomato soup with grilled cheese at the Pinocchio Village Haus was a great idea. And after all that indulgent goodness, the oatmeal with berries looks like a perfect breakfast.

Can't wait to read your updates on the College Program - it sounds like a great experience!
Thank you! I was surpised at the veggie sandwich too; it looks darn good. I should have my new thread up and running soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Congrats on the DCP!! My son checked in this morning too. He found out he'd be working at the All Star Movies Resort in FSQS and living in the Patterson Apts. Good luck to you & if you run into a Derek from Oregon.....give him a big squeeze from me!!
Thanks! And that's awesome! I'm living in Chatham, so I'm right beside his apartment complex. I'll be on the lookout for a Derek from Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Wow! So many great snacks and breakfasts.... I'm like you - Mickey waffles for me! Oh, and the brownie sundae at Plaza Restaurant looks really, realy good.

How exciting that you are starting the DCP now! Adventureland - how awesome!! How long is the program? I think you may have said early in your review but I was too lazy to go back. We'll be there in August so you may still be there.

Thanks for taking your time to share all of your dining experiences!
Yes, indeed! It lasts until January 2nd, so I'll be here in August! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Betsy, I have to admit that I copied the presentation of the Kona fruit plate for my DH's 30th B-day party. : It made for a nice looking table.

@ Kona ur pancakes look fabulous!!!!!
Q: Corn on the cob is now served @ PB & can get instead of ff? I LOVVVe corn on the cob!
& Laura's veg. sandwich @ the Plaza looks amazing!!! I might have to book Plaza just for this!!
Haha, too good! I hope your husband enjoyed his birthday - I know I would with a Kona fruit plate on the table! The Plaza is a great option - so many good sandwiches and ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Congrats!! My sister checked into CP yesterday as well. She's going to be working in Tomorrowland
Thanks! That's so exciting. Maybe I'll run into her!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #123
PrincessBetsy

Final Thoughts

So mates, this concludes me dining review. Sorry it was such a whirlwind there at the end; I blame it on the maelstrom! I hoped you all enjoyed your time aboard my vessel, I know I sure did. Please keep in touch through my blog or through my new dining thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post45181732), where I’ll keep track of any food I have during the Disney College Program. Please feel free to come visit me in Frontierland. And if you’d like to ever have a DIS meet, I’m more than up for it. I had a truly piratical graduation trip and I thank you all for joining me. Drink me up hearties, yo ho!

Oh… and one final note. I got to meet Captain Jack Sparrow… I figured I would save the best picture for last:

Betsy, Captain Jack Sparrow, Laura

This was one of the best days of my life. And with that I take my leave!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #124
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

LOl!!! I guess they put you in FL to avoid you being distracted by Jack in AL. He is quite a distraction!!! That must be the best job a young man can have @ WDW!!! Ya, know Betsy,maybe you'll end up giving JS ur number, being working neighbors & all. WDW is a magical place, ya never know. Good luck w/ ur CP & we'll stop & say hi if you are still there in Nov!!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #125
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
LOl!!! I guess they put you in FL to avoid you being distracted by Jack in AL. He is quite a distraction!!! That must be the best job a young man can have @ WDW!!! Ya, know Betsy,maybe you'll end up giving JS ur number, being working neighbors & all. WDW is a magical place, ya never know. Good luck w/ ur CP & we'll stop & say hi if you are still there in Nov!!

Haha, I'm sure that was the exact reason. I would be so distracted if I worked across from him. Oh my gosh, I wish!

I'll be here in Nov, so you should definitely stop by!!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #126
PrincessBetsy

Found out my main work location! Drumroll please...

SPLASH MOUNTAIN

This is one of my favorite attractions, so I can't wait to begin training here!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #127
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Found out my main work location! Drumroll please...

SPLASH MOUNTAIN

This is one of my favorite attractions, so I can't wait to begin training here!
I will have to remember to look for you in Oct.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #128
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am so behind with everyone's dining reviews!
Well I have just say and read through every one of your and as always they are wonderful
So many yummy plates of food !!
Thanks so much for sharing - great job
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #129
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I will have to remember to look for you in Oct.
Please do! Just remind me who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am so behind with everyone's dining reviews!
Well I have just say and read through every one of your and as always they are wonderful
So many yummy plates of food !!
Thanks so much for sharing - great job
Thanks Linda!! I've also fallen behind in reading your dining review... hoping to catch up sometime soon!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #130
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

I just found your report, I really enjoyed your reviews!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: