Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #91
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

This was the wrong place to look when I'm feeling hungry - the ice cream sundaes look great, and now I really want those Flame Tree onion rings (even though I don't like onion rings that much).
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #92
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
It was a HUGE mistake to read your ice-cream review right now!!! Let's see 10:50 at night and now I'm craving something cold and sweet. Anyway... I'll get over that. I love, love, love Flame Tree - I swear I will never eat anywhere else for a meal while there. I think I may need to try some of those onion rings.

Oh, and the lobster roll looks like something to put on my list in the future. Just toooooo many choices for me!
That's the problem with dining reviews: they are always going to make you hungry! I completely agree with you - way too many decisions when it comes to food choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
This was the wrong place to look when I'm feeling hungry - the ice cream sundaes look great, and now I really want those Flame Tree onion rings (even though I don't like onion rings that much).
Haha, poor life decision indeed! The onion rings were so good; I could definitely go for some right now.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #93
PrincessBetsy

Day 5 – Main Street Breakfast

Andrew, Laura, and I woke up early to go to the Magic Kingdom for park opening. My parents decided to stay at the resort, have breakfast at the food court (no pictures, sorry!), and do laundry. Even though we were at the park for opening, we weren’t rushing to any attractions. Nope, we were rushing to the Main Street Bakery! For what, you ask?

Nuff said. We enjoyed these in the side alley on Main Street. There is no better way to start your day. These were delicious as always, with lots of cinnamon and plenty of ooey gooey glaze.

All three of us have no problem rating them a…

Afterward we proceeded to blast each other on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (we get very competitive, ). We then took a ride in style down Main Street (old fashioned cars are legit) and had a chat with the Dapper Dans (love them! ). At this point we had to take our leave of the Magic Kingdom because we went to visit some family friends about an hour away. We had lunch with them at Perkins (no pics, sorry mates) and returned to the Magic Kingdom later that afternoon.

Coming Up: Polynesian snacks
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #94
PrincessBetsy

Day 5 – Snacks

After visiting our friends, Laura, Andrew, and I went back to the Magic Kingdom, while my parents stayed at the resort and went on a bicycle ride around property. We met them at the Polynesian for the Torch Lighting Ceremony that evening. You should definitely check this out if you haven’t seen it before - it's fantastic.

Before the ceremony, we went to Captain Cooks to grab a bite to eat.

Chocolate Croissant:

Andrew really liked this. We recently found that this is also offered at the pastry shop in France.

I used to be a huge fan of the Polynesian chips. When Captain Cooks was renovated a few years ago they introduced these chips as a side option. Back then you would get sweet potato chips, fried wontons, and red and blue tortilla chips. Over the years they began taking things away: first it was the tortilla chips, then the sweet potato chips. Now you are left with this:

Polynesian Chips
Another thing I have noticed is the smaller portion size. Unfortunately, these were soggy, cold, and downright disgusting. They had obviously been sitting in a bin for a few hours, instead of being freshly fried. We took these back and asked if we could have fresher ones. However, the “new” chips were still not fresh, just fresher than the first batch. There is nothing worse than a soggy, stale chips… Blah.

Watch out, my friends. This receives a…

I have been telling myself to stop ordering these whenever we go to Captain Cooks, but I always succumb and think “this time they will be better.” Well, from now on I’m not going to give in (someone will have to remind me of this experience )

While we were ordering from Captain Cooks, my parents went down to the pool bar and ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri:

Since we were going to share this, my Mom ordered a virgin one. The cast member making it almost added rum, which I was all for . Despite the lack of rum, this drink was delicious! And it definitely made up for the sad Polynesian chips. This tasty drink gets a...

Up Next: Dinner in the Frontier
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #95
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Still really enjoying your reviews. Such a shame about the icky, stale chips at the Poly - they looked good. Hope you remember not to waste your time (and money) on them again.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #96
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Still really enjoying your reviews. Such a shame about the icky, stale chips at the Poly - they looked good. Hope you remember not to waste your time (and money) on them again.
Glad you like the reviews! I'm going to do all in power to not order those any more.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #97
PrincessBetsy

Day 5 – Frontierland Dinner

Soon we were in the Magic Kingdom and had a hankering for dinner. Good thing Pecos Bill was in sight! Even though the burgers aren’t the best, we always have at least one meal here. The good thing about Pecos Bill is the toppings bar. It has everything: from the usual lettuce and tomatoes, to sautéed onions and mushrooms and cheese sauce.

Once we had ordered, it took a long time to get our food. Not sure why, but the service can be slow here. We also had to go back after to get some items they forgot (milk, applesauce, and grapes). While we were waiting we were lucky enough to witness a family freaking out behind us because their son didn’t know what to order. After blaming their son, they proceeded to change their order about 4 times (in raised voices)… I felt really bad for their son and for the cast member that had to deal with them. Ohs well… Onto the food!

Laura ordered the Chili:

She really enjoyed this! It had really good flavor and wasn’t too spicy. The portion size was a bit small though.

Father had a 1/3-Pound Cheeseburger with Corn:

The rest of us ordered the Kid’s Burgers:

My Mom had a hamburger with white milk, grapes, and applesauce; however they gave her fries (we had to go back for the applesauce). Andrew and I both had a cheeseburger with chocolate milk, fries, and a cookie. There really isn’t much difference between my Dad’s burger and ours, so I would definitely recommend getting the kid’s meal since you get 2 sides and a drink!

Here is a close-up of mine:

Here are our milks, water, and some pickles:

We love our pickles!

By the time we had all our food, visited the toppings bar, and found a seat, our burgers were cold. They are also overcooked and kind of hard. We knew this would probably happen, as it does every time. No matter, the fries were still good and I do like that cheese sauce. My Dad also liked his corn; it wasn’t the best corn he’s ever had, but it’s a nice change from the usual sides.

Overall, we give Pecos Bill a…

Coming up: Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #98
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I totally agree about Peco Bills...while the burgers are just so so I seem to get one there on every trip lol!

On the last few trips we ordered a few kids meals at TS locations..its just enough food and its pretty good!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #99
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Now you're just crossing the line missy with the Main St. Bakery cinnamon rolls!! Oh sooo good!

I'd be willing to try that chili at Pecos Bill's but I really like it spicy so not sure if it would be a thumbs up?? Thanks for the tip regarding the kid burger.... I order a kid meal half the time at CS anyway.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #100
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the increasingly disappointing Polynesian chips. If you're up for a sweeter snack at Captain Cook's (besides a dole whip, of course ), I've recently seen pics of brand new cupcakes at the Polynesian. They look great, and the flavors (such as chocolate-macadamia, piña colada, and mango-passionfruit) are very reflective of Poly's awesome theme.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #101
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I totally agree about Peco Bills...while the burgers are just so so I seem to get one there on every trip lol!

On the last few trips we ordered a few kids meals at TS locations..its just enough food and its pretty good!
I agree completely! Pecos Bill just has a way of drawing you in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Now you're just crossing the line missy with the Main St. Bakery cinnamon rolls!! Oh sooo good!

I'd be willing to try that chili at Pecos Bill's but I really like it spicy so not sure if it would be a thumbs up?? Thanks for the tip regarding the kid burger.... I order a kid meal half the time at CS anyway.
Love those cinnamon rolls

If you like really spicy chili, then this may not be for you. It is a small portion though, in case you decide to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Sorry to hear about the increasingly disappointing Polynesian chips. If you're up for a sweeter snack at Captain Cook's (besides a dole whip, of course ), I've recently seen pics of brand new cupcakes at the Polynesian. They look great, and the flavors (such as chocolate-macadamia, piña colada, and mango-passionfruit) are very reflective of Poly's awesome theme.
Awesome. Thanks for the tip!! I love cupcakes and those sound right up my alley. I'll be sure to check it out when I'm down there and let you know how they are.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #102
PrincessBetsy

Day 6 – A Sunshine Breakfast

We all woke up early and headed to Epcot for opening. After a bit of turnstile waiting, we were let through the gates and hurried over to Soarin. Love this attraction! Once we had landed we took a quick walk over to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast.

Laura had Yogurt with Fruit and Granola:

She is always so healthy! I don’t know how she does it. This was a good option that isn’t offered in many places.

I ordered the Kids' French Toast - with sausage and potatoes:

This was delicious! I like the potatoes here – they have onions and peppers and are very well seasoned. Even though this was a kid’s meal, it was plenty of food.

My Dad had the Adult Breakfast Platter - Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, and a Biscuit

This comes with a great variety of food, which he enjoyed. The only part that isn’t too good is the bacon, which is floppy and undercooked. He usually isn't a huge fan of biscuits, but he seemed to like this one.

My Mom had Multigrain Frosted Flakes:

And a Cinnamon Roll:

She liked this, especially the cinnamon roll. It was very soft (unlike the ones at POR) and full of cinnamon.

Andrew had the Breakfast Sandwich on Herbed Focaccia Bread:

Perhaps you remember from last time: Andrew had this sandwich and didn’t particularly care for it. I even wrote in the last review that “he probably wouldn’t order this again.” So, what does he do even though I reminded him of this? Orders the sandwich. What did he think this time? He enjoyed it and said that he “would get this again.” Unbelievable! Words to the wise: Don’t listen to Andrew!

I truly enjoy Sunshine Seasons and think it is one of the best counter service paces on property. With that being said, this breakfast receives a…

Up Next: Food from France
Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #103
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Perhaps you remember from last time: Andrew had this sandwich and didn’t particularly care for it. I even wrote in the last review that “he probably wouldn’t order this again.” So, what does he do even though I reminded him of this? Orders the sandwich. What did he think this time? He enjoyed it and said that he “would get this again.” Unbelievable! Words to the wise: Don’t listen to Andrew!
OMG he pulled a "Todd"! My hubby does that at the MSB with the cinnamon roll, he knows he doesnt like the one they serve but he orders it every single time and is shocked when he is unhappy with it...even though I remind him a million times that he doesnt like it
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #104
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
OMG he pulled a "Todd"! My hubby does that at the MSB with the cinnamon roll, he knows he doesnt like the one they serve but he orders it every single time and is shocked when he is unhappy with it...even though I remind him a million times that he doesnt like it
Oh my gosh, I totally thought about you two when this happened! I love reading your reviews, so I know how Todd always orders those cinnamon rolls even though you tell him not too. So funny!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #105
PrincessBetsy

Day 6 – France

We had a very exciting morning here in Epcot. We traveled back in time with Ellen, met a celebrity (Carter Oosterhouse from HGTV – he was incredibly nice and very handsome), and traveled around the world. We split up from our parents in Mexico, so the three of us decided to stop and have a late lunch in France at Boulangerie Patisserie.

Laura and I shared a Turkey Baguette with Brie Cheese:

This was good, especially if it is eaten outside near the quaint shops – it feels very French. This was definitely not the best sandwich I’ve ever had (that would be EOS), but still pretty tasty.

Andrew had a Ham and Cheese Quiche:

He thought this was very good, but said there should have been a bit more ham. Quiche is one of his favorite things, so he was very content with this.

We shared two desserts: A Napoleon and a Crème Brule:

Yum! Both of these were absolutely scrumptious. I just love French pastries

I highly recommend stopping here to savor a little bit of France. The food and the atmosphere here is just divine:

Coming up: Snacks around the World

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: