Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #32
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I think just looking at that Mickey Rice Krispie Treat has sent me into a diabetic coma. I love making them, but I can almost never really eat them because they are just too sweet for me.
Yes, they are very sweet, but I'm sure a child would love them! They are really fun to create, but it can be hard to make a decision with so many options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm loving your review and can't wait for more! Congrats on your graduation! We will be in WDW this summer as well so we'll be on the look-out for a pirate girl with a dipolma!
Yay, glad you are enjoying my review! Definitely come visit me this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Joining in! Congrats on the college program! That's fantastic!

EOS looks delish! I didn't get there this trip unfortunatly, but I have to make it a priority next trip. All the sandwiches look incredible!

Looking forward to more reviews!
Thank you Yes, definitely make EOS a priority. I suggest heading to DTD the day you arrive - it's a great place to walk around if you've been traveling all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Congrats on graduation Betsy!
I'm in on this one you do great reviews!! Loved the last ones & got a few tips from them!
Thanks! I'm glad you got some tips from my last review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
That Mickey rice krispie treat is like a work of art
Yes, I love watching them create your creation right before your eyes.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #33
PrincessBetsy

Day 2 – First Breakfast in WDW

If you read my last dining review, then you’ll know how much my family enjoys breakfast at the Riverside Mill Food Court. It was no different with this trip! POR is one of my family’s favorite resorts and definitely has the best food court for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. My family, along with Laura, loves the oatmeal bar here. You can choose any type of cereal, then top it with all different kinds of fresh and dried fruits. I, on the other hand, try to order the “unhealthy,” but delicious options. On to the food!

Laura ordered oatmeal with strawberries, raspberries, raisins, and brown sugar:

My Dad, Mom, and brother all ordered oatmeal with raspberries and strawberries:

Healthy, eh?

The four of them also got two orders of toast to share.

Multigrain Toast

White toast

All four of them loved their oatmeal. The fruit is incredibly fresh and very good, while the oatmeal is cooked perfectly. And you can’t really go wrong with toast – plus it’s super cheap (69 cents!).

I went with the Kid’s Mickey Waffle Plate:

This came with a link of sausage, a piece of bacon, and applesauce. Applesauce – not my favorite, so I saved it for my mom for later; Bacon – nasty, not crispy, very stringy, bleh; Sausage – very good, flavorful; Mickey Waffles – AMAZING. I love Mickey Waffles and these did not disappoint. If you like the Mini Mickey Waffles order the Kid’s plate, otherwise you will get one large Mickey Waffle.

Overall, The Mill did not disappoint! A delicious, healthy breakfast to get us ready for a day in the parks. We give this a…

Up Next: Lunch in Liberty Square
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #34
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Mmm those berries look soo good!! Again!!
I think POR had one of the best food courts.

So just a non food Q. Did you get the new room designs @ POR? I liked them before. We had a room w/ the quilt & branch head board.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Mmm those berries look soo good!! Again!!
I think POR had one of the best food courts.

So just a non food Q. Did you get the new room designs @ POR? I liked them before. We had a room w/ the quilt & branch head board.
POR definitely has an amazing food court. I think it is much better than those at most deluxe resorts.

And yes, we stayed in one of the updated rooms. It was amazing - much nicer than the room we stayed in last year! Now, there are little touches based on the movie Princess and the Frog. I can post some pictures if you would like.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
happy2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
POR definitely has an amazing food court. I think it is much better than those at most deluxe resorts.

And yes, we stayed in one of the updated rooms. It was amazing - much nicer than the room we stayed in last year! Now, there are little touches based on the movie Princess and the Frog. I can post some pictures if you would like.
If you want to, that would be a great bonus! I know I could read more TRs but I'm more into the Dining reviews & every once in a while an off topic Q runs through me head.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #37
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
If you want to, that would be a great bonus! I know I could read more TRs but I'm more into the Dining reviews & every once in a while an off topic Q runs through me head.
Sure thing!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #38
happy2012

WOW! Beautiful!!! Thanks for adding so many pix!! I love the colors, they did a beautiful job on them.

I can't wait for more review!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #39
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

That oatmeal looks so good! I don't suppose you know if its a snack credit or not?
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp - Got engaged in Epcot!
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #40
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I love your room photos, very nice!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #41
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
WOW! Beautiful!!! Thanks for adding so many pix!! I love the colors, they did a beautiful job on them.

I can't wait for more review!
Yes, the rooms are incredibly nice! Not sure if you can tell, but Tiana and Naveen are in one headboard (on the stairs) and Charlotte and her father are in the other one. Love that attention to detail!

Should have another review posted later today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout View Post
That oatmeal looks so good! I don't suppose you know if its a snack credit or not?
I don't believe it is a snack credit. It is from the "Create-Your-Own Yogurt Parfait, Cereal Bowl or Oatmeal" station, so it's probably just a regular quick service credit. This is definitely a great Quick Service option though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
I love your room photos, very nice!
Thanks! Our room was beautiful - I can't even imagine what the Royal Guest Rooms are like.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #42
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

It's pretty sad that POR rooms are now approximately 500% more attractive than GF rooms!

Your Riverside breakfasts look delicious! We're staying at POR for the first time in October (we're normally POFQ people!) and I'm looking forward to trying the larger food court.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #43
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
It's pretty sad that POR rooms are now approximately 500% more attractive than GF rooms!

Your Riverside breakfasts look delicious! We're staying at POR for the first time in October (we're normally POFQ people!) and I'm looking forward to trying the larger food court.
Totally agree! GF was always my favorite resort, but POR is definitely giving it a run for its money.

That's awesome! I'm sure you'll love it at POR. The food court has so many options that it can be hard to make a decision. Let me know if you have any questions about POR!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #44
PrincessBetsy

Day 2 – Liberty Tree Tavern

After breakfast, we all headed to the bus stop. We always visit the Magic Kingdom first, so this trip was no different. We were all very excited, since this was Laura’s first time at a park. After a quick bus ride and bag check with security, we soon entered the turnstiles and waited in front of the Mickey floral for the welcome show. This is a fantastic show – be sure to check it out if you haven’t seen it before!

Once the park was officially open, we strolled down Main Street, posed for a few pictures, and headed towards Fantasyland, where we were able to hit many of the attractions with little to no wait. Afterwards, we went back towards Main Street to catch the trolley show, Citizens of Main Street show, and MISICI Street Party. Then it was off to Adventureland! And who do you suppose we found over there? That’s right – Captain Jack Sparrow himself! What an awesome pirate tutorial. Laura and I even joined his crew

After roaming around Adventureland and Frontierland, it was time for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. This is one of our favorite Table Service restaurants in all of Walt Disney World, so we were definitely looking forward to this lunch! We were seated within a few minutes of checking in. Ironically, we ate in the Betsy Ross room! Tis my favorite

If you come here for lunch, make sure you ask for the following:

Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter
These are always served at dinner, but they have some ready for those folks that have been here before and know to ask for them. Always delicious! And let me tell you – that honey butter is heavenly!!! And I absolutely hate honey. I feel like Paula Deen whenever I come here; you honestly don’t want to know how much butter I consumed…

We barely had time to finish one roll before our entire meal was delivered. Speedy service!

Laura ordered this lovely salad:

Colony Salad - Washington apples, sweet pecans and applewood smoked cheddar, dried cranberries, and grilled chicken tossed with field greens in honey shallot vinaigrette
Laura loved this! It’s a pretty fantastic salad, with enough chicken and apples to tide you over. Definitely not one of those dainty salads that barely fills you up. The vinaigrette is also delicious, although I prefer the strawberry vinaigrette they serve with the appetizer salad.

I ordered the Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - topped with bacon and cheddar and served with tavern fries:

BEST burger on Disney property (out of the ones I’ve tried, of course). Cooked to perfection with melty cheddar and crispy bacon. Yum! The fries are also delicious – crispy on the outside, but fluffy on the inside. Definitely a fan.

Everyone else ordered their favorite:

Pilgrims' Feast - traditional roast turkey with herb bread dressing, mashed potatoes and green beans
You definitely can’t go wrong with this choice! The turkey is gosh darn amazing – so moist, succulent, and tender. The dressing is more like stovetop, so if you’re a fan of that, you’ll love this. The green beans did have some garlic on them, which did bother my mother’s stomach later that night. Other than that, great entrée!

Andrew also ordered a side of Mac and Cheese:

How cute! Andrew absolutely loves mac and cheese, especially the kind served on Disney property. The LTT variety is definitely his favorite; incredibly creamy, with lots of gooey cheese. He could easily have eaten this entire plate by himself, but I needed to assist him so I could tell you the verdict . Yup, it’s darn tasty!

We also decided to share the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - vanilla cake with a gooey toffee filling, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce:

With flash!

Alright, so this dessert is absolutely amazing. A delicious, “ooey gooey” cake topped with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream and covered in chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and toffee; what’s not to love? Well, I’ll tell you – it’s the price. They secretly keep increasing the price over the years, so it is now $7.49. Eek! I could basically bake an entire cake for that price. Hmmm…. Maybe I’ll make this sometime soon and let you know the price verdict. Here is the recipe: http://allears.net/din/rec_ooey.htm I have made this before and it is divine – just like the originally, but on a much larger scale!

Okie doke! Our rating of Liberty Tree Tavern:

Wow! So far only Captain Jack has made an appearance. I like it!

After LTT Laura and I hung around the Magic Kingdom, while everyone else went back to the resort. We hit a few more attractions and watched a few shows, including the Flag Retreat. Then we headed over to Epcot, where we rejoined the rest of the family for an evening of fun deliciousness with a bit of rain mixed in.

Coming up: The quest for a sink
Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #45
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

LTT has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in WDW as well. Thanks for the info about the dinner rolls! I will definitely ask for them next time.

I saw that you "shared" the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. You are a better person than me! If someone else came at my Toffee cake with a spoon I would have to take them out! Oh my gosh and I link to the recipe, you are my new favorite person. I will definitely be making that very soon.

And thanks for posting some room pics! Princess and the Frog is my new favorite Disney film, so I really think as much as I discovered I loved POFQ this past trip I may have to give POR a try as well. That room is too cute!

Great update!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: