Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

another dining report already - can't wait and congratulations on the college programme. Will be stopping by your blog too :

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Looking forward to your reviews!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Congrats on doing the college program!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I also can't wait to read your dining review. It looks like lots of good eats!!
Thank you! I am so excited for the college program. And yes, we definitely had a lot of good eats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Permission to come aboard Cap't!
AYE! Come aboard and weigh anchor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Congratulations about the College Program! My DD will be entering college in the fall and has long dreamed of the DCP. We just discovered recently that you are allowed to do this immediately after graduation, quite an intriguing option! We will be following your blog.

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! That's very exciting - college was some of the best years of my life. If you are your daughter has any questions, let me know! And yes, that's exactly what I am doing - graduating, then doing the DCP. I think it's a great option that allows you to concentrate on school, so you won't have to graduate late. Hope you enjoy my blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Sounds like this is going to be a great report.

I'll have to follow your blog too, and maybe I can stalk you when we are at WDW in October. LOL Or I could pretend to be a surrogate Mom, since I am old enough to be your Mom, and just keep an eye on you. ;-)
Haha Love it! Thanks for following my blog! And feel free to come find me in the parks in October. I'm always game for hanging out with fellow DIS members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Joining in. Congrats on the College Program!!
Thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Congrats on graduation, the college program, what what looks to have been a great trip! Looking forward to reading all the reviews.
Thanks! I'm so glad you are joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Count me in!
Awesome, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I'm in also. And we will be in WDW in August so will follow your blog and say 'hi' if we run into you in the summer
YAY! I would love that I'll let you all know where I'll be working, so you can come find me. Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout View Post
Can't wait for your report, loved your last one
Fantastic! I'm so glad you enjoyed my last review. Hopefully this one will be just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
another dining report already - can't wait and congratulations on the college programme. Will be stopping by your blog too :
Yes indeedy and thank you! Thanks for reading my blog as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
I'm in! Looking forward to your reviews!
Cool beans! Thanks for coming along for the adventure

I'm so glad you all are joining me on yet another dining adventure! I have finally uploaded and resized all the food pictures, so I'll definitely be posting my first review tomorrow. Keep a sharp eye
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
PrincessBetsy

Day 1 – Dinner

We woke up early on May 6th to begin our journey to Walt Disney World. And when I say early, I mean the super early time of 3 am. We were on the road by 4, stopped at McDonalds for a quick breakfast around 8, and ate homemade pb&j sandwiches for lunch at the Georgia welcome center. At 5:00 we reached our destination: Port Orleans Riverside. After checking in, we hopped on the boat to Downtown Disney. Our first stop upon arrival was Earl of Sandwich.

We walked in the door and found an incredibly long line that wrapped around the entire eatery. It stretched all the way to the kitchen store near the back of EOS. If this happens to you, don’t be intimated! We hopped in line and basically had just enough time to figure out what we wanted. The line moved very quickly and in a very short time we had our dinner.

I went with The Earl’s Club - roast turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and roma tomato and sandwich sauce:

Yum! This was absolutely delicious. I don’t know how they do it, but these sandwiches are always amazing. The bread is crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside – in one word: perfect. The sandwich sauce was really good, however I’m not really sure what it was composed of. The only thing I didn’t like were the tomatoes, which I gave to Laura, who happily added them to her salad.

And speaking of Laura, here is her order:

Chinese Chicken Salad - grilled chicken, Field greens and Romaine lettuce, Chinese mix, crispy won tons, fresh soy ginger dressing.
Cute presentation, huh? She loved this, especially the dressing. I tried some and agreed with her 100%. If you like ginger, then I guarantee you will love this. It was incredibly light and refreshing, probably one of the best I have ever had.

My Mom didn’t want an entire sandwich, so she ordered the Kid’s Roasted Turkey and Swiss:

This was the perfect size for her and just as delicious as one of the full sized sandwiches.

Andrew went with the following:

Ham and Swiss - Roasted Ham with Swiss cheese and Earl's mustard sauce
He thought this was good, but probably wouldn’t order it again. He didn’t care for the mustard sauce, which was a tad strong and overpowering.

And last but not least, here is what my Dad's sandwich:

The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce
He normally orders the meatball sandwich, but decided to go with this little beauty as soon as he saw horseradish in the description. My dad absolutely loves horseradish and thought this sandwich was perfect.

We also got a bag of EOS kettle cooked chips:

These were good kettle chips. Very crunchy and a good addition to any sandwich.

And a Triple Chocolate Brownie:

This is basically two brownies sandwiched together with a marshmallow crème. This was really good, but very rich. We split this into fifths, which I thought was the perfect amount.

Overall, we all agreed that Earl of Sandwich deserves a…

If you are ever in DTD and need a place to eat, go to EOS. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Up Next: A tasty treat
Old 05-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Count me in!! Looking forward to your reviews.

My DD is only 11, but I'm already hoping that she will do the college program! I'll definitely be following your blog. Good luck!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Each time we are at DTD I say I'm gonna try Earl...it's yet to happen. Guess I'll add it to the list for next time, even it I have to leave the family in the room and go myself.

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
August 2014 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #22
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

We love Earl of Sandwich. Didn't manage to get there on our last visit but, for sure, it is a definite for our August trip.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #23
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I never subscribe to threads.......but i like your style!!! I'm in

P.S. DD14 dreams of working at Disney, but I didn't know you could do the college program AFTER you graduate!!! This is great news.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #24
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Nice start! We love EOS and its a tradition to start the trip at EOS or get it to go on the way home to eat in the car...
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
Count me in!! Looking forward to your reviews.

My DD is only 11, but I'm already hoping that she will do the college program! I'll definitely be following your blog. Good luck!
Thanks for joining in and I'm glad you'll be reading my blog! If your daughter loves Disney, I'm sure she would be a good candidate for the DCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Each time we are at DTD I say I'm gonna try Earl...it's yet to happen. Guess I'll add it to the list for next time, even it I have to leave the family in the room and go myself.
Yes, it is definitely worth it! DTD is a great way to spend an evening, especially if you grab dinner at EOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
We love Earl of Sandwich. Didn't manage to get there on our last visit but, for sure, it is a definite for our August trip.
We missed EOS on our last trip, so I was determined to eat here this time around. Who knew sandwiches could be so delicious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I never subscribe to threads.......but i like your style!!! I'm in

P.S. DD14 dreams of working at Disney, but I didn't know you could do the college program AFTER you graduate!!! This is great news.
Awesome! Thanks for joining in Doing the college program after graduation is a great option. It also allows you to stay down there and continue working if you'd like to make Disney a career. If you have any questions about the DCP feel free to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Nice start! We love EOS and its a tradition to start the trip at EOS or get it to go on the way home to eat in the car...
What a fantastic tradition! I love the idea of getting sandwiches to eat on the way home - I just may have to pillage that idea
Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
PrincessBetsy

Day 1 – A DTD Treat

After having dinner at Earl of Sandwich, we headed outside. However, we quickly decided to head back inside because of a massive downpour. We went over to the kitchen store next door and wandered around until the rain had let up. There is a section near one of the corners devoted to various rubs, salts, and sugars. I encourage you to check it out!

After a bit of browsing, Laura decided to purchase some honey sticks. These are normally used in coffee or tea, but Laura loves honey so much that she just uses them as lollipops . Once she had checked out, the rain had let up and we dashed over to Goofy’s Candy Company. This entire store smells of sugar . At Goofy’s Candy Company, you can choose to purchase many different types of candies and cookies, but you can also create your own confection. Here are the options for the “create your own” goodies:

Create Your Own: Apple, Rice Krispie Treat, 3 Pretzel Rods, 4 Marshmallows, Gingerbread Cookie

Coating: Milk, Dark, or White Chocolate

Toppings: Assorted Sprinkles, Mini M&M's, Peanut Butter Chips, Chopped Peanuts, Chopped Pecans, Chopped Walnuts, Sliced Almonds, Cinnamon and Sugar, Dark and White Chocolate Chips, Crushed Oreo Cookie Crumbs, Crushed Butterfingers, Reese's Pieces, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Trail Mix, Coconut (You get one topping free, additional toppings are $1.00 each)

Drizzle: Milk, Dark, or White Chocolate

Laura and I decided to get a Mickey Rice Krispie Treat with a dark chocolate coating, mini M&Ms, and a white chocolate drizzle. Here is the result:

We took this back to our room and had it later in the evening. This was absolutely delicious! But then again, I don’t really think you can ever go wrong with chocolate and sugary candy. This was very sweet, so I wouldn’t recommend eating an entire one all at once. We shared this between us, and we all had more than enough.

We rated this a…

Now there is only one question that remains: What would you order?

Coming up: Breakfast at The Mill
Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #27
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I think just looking at that Mickey Rice Krispie Treat has sent me into a diabetic coma. I love making them, but I can almost never really eat them because they are just too sweet for me.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your review and can't wait for more! Congrats on your graduation! We will be in WDW this summer as well so we'll be on the look-out for a pirate girl with a dipolma!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Congrats on the college program! That's fantastic!

EOS looks delish! I didn't get there this trip unfortunatly, but I have to make it a priority next trip. All the sandwiches look incredible!

Looking forward to more reviews!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #30
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Congrats on graduation Betsy!
I'm in on this one you do great reviews!! Loved the last ones & got a few tips from them!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: