Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #91
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

10 DAYS OUT: OMG!!!!

Whew! I'm such a slacker that I'm seriously running out of time. I shouldn't have spaced out on the this PTR as much as I have this fall... SO, with the holiday and the craziness of the next week, I will do some general information sharing and then a big "rest of the trip" update.

So, we're 10 days out!! Which means I just did online check-in this morning and faxed my Port Orleans Riverside request over. Fingers crossed that we get the area we're hoping for!!

I am mostly packed. Eli is 98% packed, I just need some jeans for him. Nate is like 40%. He has a pile on the couch of stuff he's bringing, but he'll organize it the night before we leave. God, that would stress me out, but it's his loss if he doesn't have what he needs.... RIGHT??

We have the surprise all arranged. That morning, we are meeting my BFF at my work and telling Eli we have to take her to the airport because she is going to see her sister. We'll have the car all packed the night before, and went we get to the airport to drop her off, it will be SURPRISE, it's US that's going somewhere, and we're going to DISNEY .... NOW!!! I think it will honestly blow his mind. He has no idea, and I know how badly he wants to go. Yesterday, he was trying to measure himself with a tape measure to show he's tall enough now to have us consider going. He also earned $3.00 helping my mom do jobs around their house and with that contribution we had enough money to go....

We decided to make this trip EXTRA special, for reasons I'll explain later..so I added on a couple surprises. We'll get to those when I do the rest of the day by day breakdowns.

I think that's it for now....stay tuned for the DOUBLE update today!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #92
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Days 7-8: Surprises Abound!!

So like I said above, I've been a super slacker and now have to combine 4 days into one post. But I'm okay with that.

Moving right along (<---This is one of my favorite Muppet songs of ALL. TIME.)

Wednesday, December 5th

I decided, after hemming and hawing, and I broke down and added.... a Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast!!

Image borrowed from Mouse Planet.

I'm getting really excited about this. Something about eating in the castle, and the menu looks better than it has in the past. Eli will be thrilled. He's opened up to the Princesses a lot lately. He watched (and loved) Sofia the First last night and got really excited when Cinderella was on there.

So after dining in the castle, we'll explore around MK a little, catching things we haven't done yet or re-doing favorites.

After heading back for some pool/nap fun, we'll head to EPCOT for a late dinner at:

Image borrowed from WDW for Grown Ups.

We're both excited for some yummy pizza (How good does that Quattro Formaggi look??? ) and a leisure stroll out of the park, since I know we'll miss Illuminations and we'll want to avoid the onslaught of people....With full bellies, we will return to POR for the night.

Thursday, December 6th

Another DHS day! We hope to get there early for some TSM fun (Fastpass and a ride)

Love this guy!!

Then we will head over to get some breakfast at Starring Rolls. Cupcakes are breakfast foods, right???

We will do some more DHS fun (at this point, I don't know what we'll do.) I figure if we get sick of it, we'll head somewhere we haven't been yet, right?

I know we have to have lunch at Eli's favorite, Pizza Planet.... we watched the original Toy Story last week and when they went to Pizza Planet he talked about how cool he thought it was that they had it at Disney World.

After heading back to POR, we'll head to our SECOND new surprise of the trip:

MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!

I just couldn't stand not going again. Listening to the music on D-Cot (check it out, it's great for all the parks and ride music!!) and looking at the pictures from our last 2 times just made me giddy and happy all over again. Since we will be spending a lot of time in MK this trip, I think we're going to do SOME rides, but focus more on the things like character meets and dance parties, as well as the parade and fireworks. I know that Eli would love the Woody one at the Diamond Horseshoe and I'd like to meet some of the characters in their holiday finest. I know I'm not going to feel like waiting in line for the Dwarfs, so I'm okay...

After filling our bellies with Hot Chocolate and Cookies and Christmas Fun... I'm sure I'll feel like this....

Thanks Simple Disney Things for always touching that raw Disney nerve in my heart....

Up next, the last 2 days in Disney...

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #93
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Days 9-10: Wrapping Up, Saying Goodbye!

Friday, December 7th

Our last full day in the world will be spent at Animal Kingdom. Weird that it just worked out that it fell on the last day, but I figure if we feel like the other parks are getting to redundant, we'll hop over here a different day.

We like to get there and head to the Kilimanjaro Safaris first. We'll take the obligatory 1,000 animal pictures and be on our way. Can I tell you how excited I am that they got rid of the elephant poaching storyline??

We want to have lunch at both Flame Tree BBQ and Yak and Yeti Counter Service, so we'll get some from one, some from the other and meet in the middle

We will make the most of our time in the park this day....maybe Expedition Everest, if Eli is tall enough. We won't ride it if he's not. It's the ONE ride he's been dying to go on and get bigger for, so it's not fair to him to rub it in his face and there will always be a "next time".

I've wanted to see the FOTLK show, too. It looks so awesome and I've seen so many DISers rave about it.

Nate also wants to do the Rafiki Planet Watch with the train ride (he's obsessed with trains), so I'm down with doing something new.

After maxing out Animal Kingdom, we'll head back to POR and for our final dinner in the World, we're heading back to.....

'Ohana..... Aren't we predictable??

But we love it, and it was Nate's request we go here for dinner twice this trip, so who am I to argue. We'll be joined by our friends the J's and hopefully celebrating a wonderful vacation together, the start of a new tradition!

Afterwards I like to walk around the Poly to wear off some dinner and dream about staying in that resort someday!

If we're ambitious, we'll head over to the TTC and head to EPCOT for EMH and one more go round on Spaceship Earth and a walk around the Showcase. I'm sure our bellies will appreciate the movement!

Saturday, December 8th

The day I've been dreading since I started this PTR. Our departure day from Disney. It's sad that we're 10 days out from being there and thinking about leaving is making me sad already.... LAME!

After sleeping in and packing up, we'll check our bag and schedule our departure, and take a cab back to.... The Polynesian!!!

Image borrowed from WDW Food Blog.

We've made Kona Cafe our departure day tradition. We have a leisure brunch and reflect on the trip and then walk around the Poly, maybe explore the monorail resorts, just soak it all in a bit. It was on the Poly beach last year that I tried (and failed) to convince DH to book a bounceback.... and look where we are now...

We'll catch the DME to the airport around 4pm and leave Orlando around 7:45pm, heading back to a cold (but hopefully not too snowy )Milwaukee...

That will wrap up our trip. I'm sure I'll post a couple more freak out posts between now and next Thursday!!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #94
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

You are OFFICIALLY in single digits!!!!!!!!!!

That surprise sounds fabulous! I'm so excited for yall!

I heard Scrooge McDuck was doing meets this year! I'm like, OF COURSE, since I'm not going this year after going two years in a row! But yeah!!!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY VITAL THAT YOU SEE FOTLK.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #95
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm finally starting to catch up, and everyone else is leaving!

I didn't look back to see, but what airline are you flying out of? We flew southwest for the first and had such a different experience that with AirTran. Much better! Milwaukee airport security for the southwest flights was empty! Not that bottle neck that you see on the AirTran side.

Your last full day plans sound nice. I so wish I would have booked an Ohanas for dinner. I'm forcing the family to eat there next year!

I also like that you have a later in the day departure. We did ME, never again, but did leave a little later than in the past and it worked out well.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #96
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

We're all alive!!!! I'll fill everyone in on the deets soon

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #97
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I hope it was the best time!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: