Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #76
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post

I was so happy to see you over on the December 2012 thread! I don't get to hang out there as much as I'd like, but it's a great one-stop resource. They've done a great job building a community there and have bled into Facebook as well...

I love Future World. As much as it isn't a marquee ride, I could do Spaceship Earth over and over again, if just to hear "Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC's? Thank a Phoenician!"
Happy to join the fun on the December 2012 thread, I'm heading there after yours! I'll have to check out the Facebook side of it, hadn't made it there yet.

I love both Future World and World Showcase, there is just so many things to do and see there. DW and I rode Spaceship Earth for the first time last year, what a cool trip through history

Interesting that you and Nate are being pulled between Disney and having another wee one. I think you're going the right way to go for #2 - Disney will be waiting for you all when you're ready to go back!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #77
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Happy to join the fun on the December 2012 thread, I'm heading there after yours! I'll have to check out the Facebook side of it, hadn't made it there yet.

I love both Future World and World Showcase, there is just so many things to do and see there. DW and I rode Spaceship Earth for the first time last year, what a cool trip through history

Interesting that you and Nate are being pulled between Disney and having another wee one. I think you're going the right way to go for #2 - Disney will be waiting for you all when you're ready to go back!

I think I worded my baby/Disney reply poorly. When we went on 2009 we were on a break from thinking about having another one, and 2011 we'd pretty much decided Eli would be our only. Then this year we started to change our mind, but I said, "Let's wait until after Disney so I feel okay and can do everything with you guy" (I got really sick when pregnant with Eli). So now that it will be after Disney we kinda chuckled if Disney was going to be an excuse again (it wasn't...) If we would go 2x in a calendar year, I would be totally okay with being pregnant. That's a big IF. I don't know if I want to take on the financial burden of a Disney trip less than a year out. I need to win the lotto...

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #78
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Making it Magic-al Again!

If you couldn't tell by my bad title (It's 11pm here and I'm trying to do this while watching Homeland), on Day 4 (December 2nd) we will be heading back to Magic Kindgom!

It's our favorite park and with the Fantasyland Expansion, there will be plenty to see and do. I'm not worried about being bored. . . We're at DISNEY!

We will start the morning off right... by getting into MK before it opens! I loved doing this last year. The empty main street was awesome to see and take a couple pictures in front of.

Where will we be heading???

Crystal Palace!!!

One of our favorites from the last trip. We had great service (one of the best birthday experiences for Eli and my Dad, complete with cupcakes and signed cards from Pooh and Friends and our server) wonderful character interaction, and great food. I loved the potatoes and Pooh's Puffed French Toast. This is one of the places we're most looking forward to going back to.

After filling our bellies, we will head out. The park will have opened while we were eating, but we did the same last year and walked into an empty Adventureland (and subsequently, Frontierland). It was great! We'll make a stop here for sure:

I also have to add that we're the weird ones that go left instead of right. I think for our MK day later in the week we'll be lemmings and either go straight to Fantastyland or go Tomorrowland.... OOOHHH, daredevils!!

We'll keep doing what we love in MK... our favorites, the new stuff. I really want to go on Little Mermaid (I saw the video and kinda spoilered myself!) and check out Gaston's and Village Gifts. We'll do Dumbo for the first time, and I'll take a solo spin on It's a Small World with Eli (Nate refuses.....now.)

If and when we're hungry, we'll check out a CS place or snack around. Casey's Corner was a hit with us last year. We'll see. CP really fills you up.

We will head back for swim/laundry and rest time and then.....a big question mark.

So, as of now, we have a "free night". Nate would really like to see Fantasmic! and DHS has EMH until 11pm. I had a reservation at Brown Derby, but it was 5:45 and Fantasmic is scheduled for 6:30pm, so that wasn't going to work and I didn't want to use 2 credits or pay OOP for BD. So we cancelled. That leaves an open night for dinner, maybe Pizza Planet?? We'll probably go to DHS to see Fantasmic! and see the Osbourne Lights...

I think that will wrap-up Day 4. A full day from start to finish, as always!!

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #79
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Sounds like good planning! I seen a schedule floating around with soft opening dates and certain special event private previews for certain groups.

I'm hoping to catch a soft opening on 11/6 or 11/9 as those days show a possible public preview.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #80
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I worded my baby/Disney reply poorly. When we went on 2009 we were on a break from thinking about having another one, and 2011 we'd pretty much decided Eli would be our only. Then this year we started to change our mind, but I said, "Let's wait until after Disney so I feel okay and can do everything with you guy" (I got really sick when pregnant with Eli). So now that it will be after Disney we kinda chuckled if Disney was going to be an excuse again (it wasn't...) If we would go 2x in a calendar year, I would be totally okay with being pregnant. That's a big IF. I don't know if I want to take on the financial burden of a Disney trip less than a year out. I need to win the lotto...
Ohhhh, gotcha! Well I understand (as much as a husband can) about the tough pregnancies go. DW lost 30lbs during both pregnancies with the DDs. The only thing she could hold down was saltines Lets hear it for winning the lotto and going to Disney every year!!!

Day 4 looks cool, We're starting our MK day with CP too - gotta love characters and early MK entry
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 10-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #81
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

A day that includes Crystal Palace, Splash Mountain, and the Osborne lights will be automatically awesome. I always start with Adventureland too! I think my brain is naturally 'left-centric' and I ALWAYS go to the left, no matter what I'm doing. (Except if I'm going to DHS because duh, TSM is on the right. )
Old 10-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #82
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Osborne Lights was an unexpected highlight to out trip in 2010. We loved it and DH still talks about it. We are going to try MNSSHP next year. I cannot wait to see your TR to relive the experience. Having a great time with this one, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #83
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
A day that includes Crystal Palace, Splash Mountain, and the Osborne lights will be automatically awesome. I always start with Adventureland too! I think my brain is naturally 'left-centric' and I ALWAYS go to the left, no matter what I'm doing. (Except if I'm going to DHS because duh, TSM is on the right. )

I don't know what it is about always going left. I remember going for EMH last year with Nate and my brother Craig and we went straight to Space Mountain, and what a weird feeling that was!! I guess I'm left-centric as well!

Splash is up there on my favorites list. I just listed to the ride soundtrack on D-Cot... MADE. MY. DAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
Osborne Lights was an unexpected highlight to out trip in 2010. We loved it and DH still talks about it. We are going to try MNSSHP next year. I cannot wait to see your TR to relive the experience. Having a great time with this one, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for joining in!!

I loved the Osbourne lights last year. In retrospect, I wish we'd spent more time looking around, or gone for the lighting, because I feel like I didn't take it in enough! My mom even says if there was one thing she wishes we would have done more of, the lights were it!

Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #84
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Day 5: The Magic of Hollywood!

On Day 6, we will wake up at POR and hit up the food court pretty early. A Mickey Waffle in the belly can make any day a good one!

From there, we will head to Disney's Hollywood Studios (or MGM, for the purists ).

Our first order of business??

Toy Story Mania, of course.... (What kind of Toy Story fans do you think we are??) We will grab fast passes and hit the ride at least 1 time.

From there, we will probably back track to Eli's and my favorite ride......

.....thoughts........

Tower of Terror!!!!!

There is a redneck picture of the three of us on this ride from last year. All you see between Nate and I is this little kid in a Woody costume with his hands in the air... he LOVES this ride. We went 8 times last year. We're going for a new record in 2012. It WILL be done!!

We might ride switch for RnRC, I don't know. I don't feel like I will miss out on anything if I don't go on this ride again....

We will definitely do Star Wars!

He loves the cruiser.

(ASIDE: I am SO excited about the Disney acquisition of LucasFilm!!!)

Around then it should be time for lunch at one of our favorites!!!

Image borrowed from wdwlive.com

Sci-Fi Dine In!!!

I thought the food was decent and the atmosphere stellar. I loved that we could get milkshakes and sitting in the cars was just great! Eli loved the movies, so I'm sure we'll have a great time again.

In the afternoon we want to try and catch a Beauty and the Beast show and probably head out to rest up. I've never done the show and I think it will prepare us well for what our evening plans are ....

Image borrowed from mousechat.net

BE OUR GUEST.

OMG. I'm so excited for this. The J's will be joining us for this reservation and I am beside myself excited for this..... Can't wait to dining review it! (Catch me over on the Live Dining Report thread throughout my vacation. I'll link up later!)

After our wonderful meal, we'll spend the night's EMH in MK! I will catch Wishes (for the first time--SAD! ) and let the kids guide us.

This is one of the days I'm most looking forward to on our vacation. I'm so glad I get to share it with you all!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #85
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

TOY STORY MANIA AHHHHHHHHHH. Just one of the loves of my life.

Sci Fi is so fun! Those movies just crack me up.

AHHH Be Our Guest! That will be amazing.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #86
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Y'all really embrace the park hopping concept! The DHS (I still call it MGM too) morning soungs good with the TSM start and a Sci-Fi lunch. Quite a few people seem to find reasons to not like this place but my wife and I really enjoyed it last year and have it booked for lunch on our DHS day too

Have a great time at Be Our Guest and I hope you get to see all of the Fantasyland Expansion stuff you want to after what I'm sure will be a good filling meal. And make sure and get a good spot to view Wishes, it is such a great show

Looks like a wonderful day!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #87
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Just popped over from the Dec 2012 board...love your PTR, your son is adorable! Can't wait to hear about his reaction to this surprize trip! Also, those cookies are great!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #88
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Day 6: The World Awaits!

On day 6 of our journey, we will be going back to.... EPCOT!!!

After a lovely breakfast at POR Food Court, we'll hop on the bus and be on our way. I'm sure we'll do more of the same (Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Nemo).. and I'm hoping for a Test Track soft open by this date.

From there, we're going to do something on Nate's request....we're going to take a leisure stroll through the World Showcase and eat eat eat. It's no Food and Wine Festival, but we want to get little things here and there from a couple countries and just chillax. I really loved sharing the Lamb Shwarma platter last time and I think a pastry from Norway and France are in order. Fish and chips from England? I want to know if anyone has favorites or hidden gems of WS food. Thoughts?

A picture from our 2011 tour:

With full bellies, I'm sure we'll head back to POR for awhile, rest up for a return there that night.

As of right now, I have a reservation at Garden Grill at 7:00pm. IF I can move that to Wednesday night, I really want to get MVMCP tickets for Tuesday night. If not, I am sure will we enjoy the Garden Grill. I was really excited to get this reservation. The character interaction really looks great and the meal is something we'll all enjoy!

Picture borrowed from Disney.com

If we stay in EPCOT, we'll stay for IllumiNations that night. Hopefully Eli likes it better than when he was 2. He's iffy sometimes on the loud noises....

That will be it for Day 6!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #89
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
TOY STORY MANIA AHHHHHHHHHH. Just one of the loves of my life.

Sci Fi is so fun! Those movies just crack me up.

AHHH Be Our Guest! That will be amazing.
I can't wait! I'll be trying to take it all in and also do my dining report! It's going to be so overwhelming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Y'all really embrace the park hopping concept! The DHS (I still call it MGM too) morning soungs good with the TSM start and a Sci-Fi lunch. Quite a few people seem to find reasons to not like this place but my wife and I really enjoyed it last year and have it booked for lunch on our DHS day too

Have a great time at Be Our Guest and I hope you get to see all of the Fantasyland Expansion stuff you want to after what I'm sure will be a good filling meal. And make sure and get a good spot to view Wishes, it is such a great show

Looks like a wonderful day!!!
I love to park hop, it just keeps things fresh. I don't think I've ever gone or would go on a longer trip without them...

And Sci-Fi is so nerdy fun, and I'm just a nerdy fun kinda girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Just popped over from the Dec 2012 board...love your PTR, your son is adorable! Can't wait to hear about his reaction to this surprize trip! Also, those cookies are great!
Thanks! He's a keeper. He's at that age where they both drive you nuts and then charm the pants off you in the span of 10 minutes. The surprise will be great. I think I'm going to work on the special letter from Mickey tonight. I'll be sure to take pictures of it!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #90
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love to park hop, it just keeps things fresh. I don't think I've ever gone or would go on a longer trip without them...

And Sci-Fi is so nerdy fun, and I'm just a nerdy fun kinda girl.

I'm still contemplating upgrading us for park hopping, but so far we have such full days set at each park I'm just not sure.

Yay for nerdy fun - I'm all about that

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: