Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
lissa42886
Earning My Ears

cafe mickey vs. Cape may cafe vs. Cinderella's happily

for dinner. any suggestions?? we already got dinner in Noway w the Princesses booked.. myself my friend and her 6 yr old.. i have never been to any
lissa42886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
smiths02
DIS Veteran

You know that Cape May does not have characters at dinner?
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
lissa42886
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
You know that Cape May does not have characters at dinner?
i thought i read on line it did... well cross that off the list!!! thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissa42886 View Post
i thought i read on line it did... well cross that off the list!!! thanks
They do have them at breakfast but dinner is the Clambake (a buffet with all you can eat crab legs)
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Katti Michele
Earning My Ears

The only one I can comment on is Chef Mickey's. Dinner was a major disappointment for us 2 years ago. Party of 8, arrival night, really picky eaters all played a part, but the food was just not appealing for any of us, especially for a buffet. I think others will agree with me when I say it is one of those places you go for the atmosphere and characters and NOT the food.

With that said, I plan to have breakfast there in December. You just can't beat eating with Mickey and Friends!
Katti Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

CM would be a nice change from the princesses, but it's hard to top eating in the castle. Keep in mind that if you're on the dining plan, Cinderella's Royal Table will take 2 TS credits per person. If you're not on the dining plan, you have to pre-pay for it at the time you make the reservation. These factors can be deterrents for some people.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
lissa42886
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
CM would be a nice change from the princesses, but it's hard to top eating in the castle. Keep in mind that if you're on the dining plan, Cinderella's Royal Table will take 2 TS credits per person. If you're not on the dining plan, you have to pre-pay for it at the time you make the reservation. These factors can be deterrents for some people.
im guessing 2 TS are table service?? which is not good cus we need 1 for our dinner wens night in Noway.. ok sooo back to the drawing board!!! any ideas for a dinner, not in a park ( were not going in a park on day 1 were arriving mid day ) that uses only 1 TS and possible has charecters???
Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
for dinner. any suggestions?? we already got dinner in Noway w the Princesses booked.. myself my friend and her 6 yr old.. i have never been to any

we used to always have to go to Chef Mickeys every trip and it got worse and worse and service also bad. so we go to Cape May for character breakfast and also to Tusker House with Donald in AK for breakfast and they also have lunch and dinner characters thru the summer. HS has Hollywood and Vine has Characters for breakfast as well and Epcot has Mickey and friends at Garden Grill for dinner only...it is served family style. 1900 Park Fare with Mary Poppins and princess as well is good character at all meals.
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
im guessing 2 TS are table service?? which is not good cus we need 1 for our dinner wens night in Noway.. ok sooo back to the drawing board!!! any ideas for a dinner, not in a park ( were not going in a park on day 1 were arriving mid day ) that uses only 1 TS and possible has charecters???
I'm re-reading your original post.... were your referring to the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian or Cinderella's Royal Table at MK? The latter is the 2 TS credit dinner, but 1900 Park Fare is only 1 TS credit
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
lissa42886
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I'm re-reading your original post.... were your referring to the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian or Cinderella's Royal Table at MK? The latter is the 2 TS credit dinner, but 1900 Park Fare is only 1 TS credit

1900 park fare.. we are looking for a possible character dinner NOT in a park on our first day . we arent going in to a park day 1 so we dont plan on paying for park admission just for dinner. if 1900 is just 1 TS credit that would be good
Old 05-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
hmire
Mouseketeer

I just decided 1900 over CM for dinner this time. I wasn't impressed with CM dinner and we waited over an hour for a table (that was with a reservation). I have 3 little ones so it was hard.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
Quin
DIS Veteran

Arrival day, not going to a park, with a 6 year old? And possibly that 6 year old's first trip? I think you have to go with Chef Mickey. The food is just average buffet food but the child will be over the moon for the 5 iconic Disney characters that come around to the tables while you eat. And then an early bedtime so you're all fresh for the next morning in the parks.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
lissa42886
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
Arrival day, not going to a park, with a 6 year old? And possibly that 6 year old's first trip? I think you have to go with Chef Mickey. The food is just average buffet food but the child will be over the moon for the 5 iconic Disney characters that come around to the tables while you eat. And then an early bedtime so you're all fresh for the next morning in the parks.
she has been to Disney before. we all have were planning some downtown and then dinner..
Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #14
Quin
DIS Veteran

Well, since you're doing Norway I wouldn't do 1900 PF dinner, since it's also Cinderella. Chef Mickey is about your only other non-park character meal.

Do you (and the 6 year old) enjoy a boisterous atmosphere? Would the 6 yr old enjoy the opportunity to run around a bit? If so, think about WCC at the Wilderness Lodge. No characters but the CMs encourage shouting and general silliness. They periodically get all the kids up and have them race around on stick horses, etc. It is 1 TS credit.

Another alternative would be to go to Fort Wilderness. Trails End has a non-character buffet dinner; pretty basic stuff like fried chicken. Also 1 TS credit. But afterwards, if the weather is good, there's a free campfire sing-a-long and marshmallow roast (warning: they'll sell you marshmallows to roast but they're not cheap; bring a package from home if you can!) with Chip and Dale, followed by a free outdoors Disney movie.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #15
budafam
DIS Veteran

I've been to all 3 and even without the characters, my kids would prefer Cape May .
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: