Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #46
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

On my first trip back in 1983, we were riding the tram to the parking lots (named after the Seven Dwarfs back then) at the end of the day, next to an older couple. They argued the entire way; the woman would go on long-winded rants and the man would give gruff, one- or two-word comebacks. A few minutes before we got off, she said, "...and I bet you don't even remember our parking space!" He immediately snapped back, "GRUMPY 116!"

I always think of them whenever I see a couple fighting in public.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #47
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
On my first trip back in 1983, we were riding the tram to the parking lots (named after the Seven Dwarfs back then) at the end of the day, next to an older couple. They argued the entire way; the woman would go on long-winded rants and the man would give gruff, one- or two-word comebacks. A few minutes before we got off, she said, "...and I bet you don't even remember our parking space!" He immediately snapped back, "GRUMPY 116!"

I always think of them whenever I see a couple fighting in public.
Hahahahahaha!! I always get a kick out of older couples arguing. I've sworn I will never correct my DH over any story he tells around company, I hate it when people do nothing but correct each other..."No, it wasn't a Monday, it was a Tuesday", like the day of the week makes a difference!

Anyway, sounds like he found the perfect Parking spot(Grumpy) to bad they didn't have a "NAGGING".

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #48
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Hahahahahaha!! I always get a kick out of older couples arguing. I've sworn I will never correct my DH over any story he tells around company, I hate it when people do nothing but correct each other..."No, it wasn't a Monday, it was a Tuesday", like the day of the week makes a difference!
Anyway, sounds like he found the perfect Parking spot(Grumpy) to bad they didn't have a "NAGGING".
My DS7 and I just had a heart to heart about this exact thing. He is CONSTANTLY correcting me, DH, DD, pretty much ANYONE if they don't cite the EXACT facts in the EXACT order. Drives me bonkers! Of course, he has always been the type of kid that will correct you if you say "It's 3:00" but it's really 2:58, so I should have expected it. He's gotten better at it, but I can see him getting antsy when I am telling someone something and he knows I said something slightly wrong. Poor thing looks like he's going to explode.

The only thing that could have made that dwarf parking lot story even more funny is if it would have been "HAPPY 116".
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #49
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
We had many funny moments at Disney but one of the funniest occured just after our trip.

We used photopass and got a free photo album to design ourselves online .... you could totally personalise it and in ours, I wrote the story of our trip. What a great memento!

When it arrived in the mail, I was so excited.

I read through, about our arrival, checking into our resort - All Star Movies - and how my daughter was so happy to be in the Toy Story building overlooking Andy's room .... for which I wrote "Waking up to a giant Woody each morning was awesome ...."

Yep, in ink, for everyone to read

I wanna stay there on my next trip!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #50
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
We had many funny moments at Disney but one of the funniest occured just after our trip.

We used photopass and got a free photo album to design ourselves online .... you could totally personalise it and in ours, I wrote the story of our trip. What a great memento!

I read through, about our arrival, checking into our resort - All Star Movies - and how my daughter was so happy to be in the Toy Story building overlooking Andy's room .... for which I wrote "Waking up to a giant Woody each morning was awesome ...."

OMG I think I just hurt myself reading this. I have GOT to show this to somebody, fast. Anybody. Absolutely priceless.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
During the drop on Splash mountain, my hat flew off, and landed on the person (two rows back) head. What are the chances?
That is AWESOME! Ride photo, anyone?

Quote:

It's not always older couples though. I sat behind a couple on the WDW Railroad who argued with each other the entire ride....and they were wearing Mickey and Minnie wedding years. Not quite off to a good start.

But the interesting thing was that on the same trip, I sat behind a different couple on the Magical Express on the way back to the airport still wearing honeymoon buttons and arguing up a storm. I guess the honeymoon was over.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #52
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Not really funny haha but funny super awkward.....

my family and I were at Akershus, so it was me (24) and my two parents and a close friend of my parents.

Cinderella came over and was talking to me about how much she loved my shirt as it said A Princess must have shoes, with a replica of the glass slipper all over it.

well Cinderella then asked me if I had met my Prince Charming yet. Well, I had gone through a pretty nasty break up recently and didn't quite know what to say to her... so I just stood there kinda awkwardly while my family just laughed at me. Poor cinderella realized her mistake and tried to walk away slowly....

Hilarious in hindsight, out of everything she could have asked me she asked me that... if I go back with a boyfriend i'm bringing him straight to her and going HERE! I FOUND HIM! HAPPY NOW?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #53
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn0662 View Post
A couple years ago, I told my dad if he found the black and white park map, he would get fastpasses for a day for our entire family. I told him that the map is in epcot and is put in one of the front park map things at the start of everyday day. The language choosen is random.
I am SO-OO-OOO going to use this!
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #54
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

A couple of years ago I was at Flights of Wonder, and there is a part where a bird (a crow?) flies out into the audience and grabs a dollar bill from someone's hand.

Well, this guy flinched when the bird came at him and the bird returned up front without the dollar. So they told the guy to hold still this time, the bird know what he's doing, and sends it back to collect the money. Well, the bird must have been ticked off and he grabs the dollar and flies up and over the big wall in the background, then flies back down without the money!

We all roared and the trainer says something like, "Well, sir, I guess we'll have to reimburse you after the show." Someone else yells out, "Tell them it was a twenty!" and we all cracked up again.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #55
treemi01
SMKCTL

I have another Toy Story one. When my boys were 3 and 1, we were in the Mouse Gear (whatever it's called) store in Epcot. My DH was looking for something specific and it was crowded, so it was taking a really long time. Finally, we were at the register getting ready to leave and DS (3) asked if we were finally going to leave yet. I told him that we were, and noticing a small bin of individual plastic Toy Story figures, I asked him if he'd like to get one for being so patient. He was so excited that I told him he should pick one for his brother, too. He picked Woody for himself and Buzz Lightyear for his brother.

When we were leaving the store, a young male CM who was in his early 20s saw my son holding his figures and grinning ear to ear. He asked my son if he had just gotten a new "guy." My son, still grinning from ear to ear, replied: "YEP! I just got my first WOODY and my brother, he's got a BUZZ!" The CM, who now had a bright red face, couldn't help but burst out laughing although he did try to hide it. Who knew the Toy Story characters had such dirty names? (and my DS couldn't have worded it more perfectly) We still laugh about that one.
[/QUOTE]
treemi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #56
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemi01 View Post
I have another Toy Story one. When my boys were 3 and 1, we were in the Mouse Gear (whatever it's called) store in Epcot. My DH was looking for something specific and it was crowded, so it was taking a really long time. Finally, we were at the register getting ready to leave and DS (3) asked if we were finally going to leave yet. I told him that we were, and noticing a small bin of individual plastic Toy Story figures, I asked him if he'd like to get one for being so patient. He was so excited that I told him he should pick one for his brother, too. He picked Woody for himself and Buzz Lightyear for his brother.

When we were leaving the store, a young male CM who was in his early 20s saw my son holding his figures and grinning ear to ear. He asked my son if he had just gotten a new "guy." My son, still grinning from ear to ear, replied: "YEP! I just got my first WOODY and my brother, he's got a BUZZ!" The CM, who now had a bright red face, couldn't help but burst out laughing although he did try to hide it. Who knew the Toy Story characters had such dirty names? (and my DS couldn't have worded it more perfectly) We still laugh about that one.
love it!
Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #57
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
im4kycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #58
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

the "older generation" gave us a funny on our trip in 2010...we were coming back from the WS in Epcot when we noticed an elderly gentleman on a scooter speeding quickly along the path. He proceeded to RAM the elderly lady in an identical scooter right in front of him. She gasped in surprise and he just whipped it around her, never made any gesture, and took the lead. We busted a gut! I hope I'm still going strong and fighting with my husband at that age! I heard a person on foot yell, "DAD!!!"
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #59
AngelStitch
Stitch's #1 Fan

Well, while i was in Epcot, a family was walking towards Kitty Marie and they said, "Hey! Look! It's Hello Kitty!" I was laughing for a long time after that.

Another was when we were on a monorail going into Contemporary, we were just passing Space Mountain and they yelled out, "Look! it's Spaceship Earth." Again a little confused.

1999 - Port Orleans Riverside * 2005 - Polynesian
2008 - Contemporary * 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2010 - Yacht Club * 2011 - Beach Club & Polynesian
2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera * 2012 - Pop! Century
2013 - Pop! Century
100+ trips to Disneyland!!!!
10 days til Epcot sees me again! (:
AngelStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #60
ktate82
DIS Veteran

We were at 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night, and the kids were dressed up (DD6 was Sleeping Beauty and DS5 was Prince Charming). My son was eating up all the attention being a "prince" was getting him. Well when Anastasia rounded our table, she grabbed him and started dancing with him. She then proceded to tell him that they were going to get married the next day, because she wanted a prince. She yelled across the room to StepMother saying she found a prince and he had 19 castles. He leaned over and whispered "Mommy, I don't know what she is talking about". After she left the table, he was eating and he leaned over and told me we needed to leave. I asked why and he said we need to go back to the resort. When I asked why again, he very seriously said "Mommy, I don't think these people realize this is just a costume and its not real!" After that dinner, every time we saw Anastasia in a parade, he would duck and hide We still tease him about the girl he left behind!
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: