Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #31
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAITHEL View Post
My niece is 6'11" and 230.
Did you really mean 6'11"? Wow!
World Showcaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

My mom celebrated her birthday at WDW in 2008. After a long humid day complete with rain (it was June), we decided to go to the Laugh Floor that evening. Mom's mind ended up being read that time. When asked to choose a number between 1 and 10, she said, "44" (she was a little shocked at the time). We still laugh about it today.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #33
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

I have 2 funnies from last trip that spring to mind.

The first was taking DM and MIL on RnR coaster. This was MIL first time at the world so she didnt know what to expect of any of the rides. Well we sat them together in the seats behind us and listened to the squeels and panic before the ride started. Well at then end we got out to find them laughing hysterically and trapped in the car. MIL had somehow got her leg trapped in my Mums water bottle strap and neither could move for laughing. They had to be helped out by an unamused CM. They did get applause from everyone watching when they were free

The other was in Epcot WS during food and wine festival. It was extremely busy and we were shuffling along with the crowd when we heard a little voice behind us shout "Mom, Donald's over there. Can we go meet him please". To which Mom replied, "There's no time for Donald!". My DH was so shocked that he span around and said to her, "There's ALWAYS time for Donald!" and then dragged me off for a Donald photo. In the photo I'm crying with laughter at how incensed my DH was. To this day we mutter "there's no time for Donald", to each other whenever we here a child get told no to their request.

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #34
TNMouseFan
Mouseketeer

My mother's sister had recently passed away and my mother inherited her homemade clown suit that her sister had created in the 80s. My mother decided that was the only costume she really had to wear to the MNSSHP. This outfit had been in the same storage bag since the 80s and my mother didnt even bother airing it out or fluffing it before it got packed.

We are all getting ready...and out comes my mother in this monstrosity of a clown suit with a dry rotted crooked wig and a smooshed nose.
We laughed soooo hard we were crying.
My mother went as Grandma that evening. She didnt wear the suit out of the room....but we have lots of pics.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

6/98 Honeymoon- Caribean Beach
5/08- off site- First trip with DDs
5/09- off site- 3 generations taking on the world
10/10- ASM- girls only trip
Christmas 2012- Art of Animation- Finding Nemo
TNMouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #35
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

During the drop on Splash mountain, my hat flew off, and landed on the person (two rows back) head. What are the chances?

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #36
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn0662 View Post
A couple years ago, I told my dad if he found the black and white park map, he would get fastpasses for a day for our entire family. I told him that the map is in epcot and is put in one of the front park map things at the start of everyday day. The language choosen is random. Well he made us get to the park bright and early that morning and he ran so fast to the maps, pulled out stacks and stacks and was telling other people about it. It was hillarious. My poor dad, we do some pretty mean things to him. I have it on video from a distance so you can not hear what he is saying, but his savage actions of him tearing through the maps are priceless.
Ok, normally I'm not big on practical jokes, but that is just hilarious.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #37
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

We had many funny moments at Disney but one of the funniest occured just after our trip.

We used photopass and got a free photo album to design ourselves online .... you could totally personalise it and in ours, I wrote the story of our trip. What a great memento!

When it arrived in the mail, I was so excited.

I read through, about our arrival, checking into our resort - All Star Movies - and how my daughter was so happy to be in the Toy Story building overlooking Andy's room .... for which I wrote "Waking up to a giant Woody each morning was awesome ...."

Yep, in ink, for everyone to read

Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #38
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
During the drop on Splash mountain, my hat flew off, and landed on the person (two rows back) head. What are the chances?
that made me laugh ... well, snort in a very unladylike way
Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #39
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
We had many funny moments at Disney but one of the funniest occured just after our trip.

We used photopass and got a free photo album to design ourselves online .... you could totally personalise it and in ours, I wrote the story of our trip. What a great memento!

I read through, about our arrival, checking into our resort - All Star Movies - and how my daughter was so happy to be in the Toy Story building overlooking Andy's room .... for which I wrote "Waking up to a giant Woody each morning was awesome ...."

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #40
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

We were on the monorail when we overheard a lad of about 7 or 8 years old ask his mother, "Are we parked at the ticket and constipation center?"

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #41
Carina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"Waking up to a giant Woody each morning was awesome ...."

CLASSIC!
Carina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #42
budafam
DIS Veteran

We rode Splash Mountain (MIL, DD & myself were in the front row while DH & DS were in the second row). MIL's hat flew off on the hill and DH caught it. You can see in the ride photo her hat go flying.
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #43
lilmakattack
Say Cheers

Last summer we randomly road tripped to Florida last minute to see the last shuttle launch. The next day, my BIL who is 29 and single, says lets go to MK for the day because I've never been and will never be back. So off we go and he spots people wearing birthday buttons. While my DS gets his first haircut at Harmony, BIL says he needs to get a button (his bday was in a few days). One of the CM's at Harmony went and got one for him. He was so excited and enjoyed the attention all day.

Fast forward to the MSEP, BIL is all wrapped up in the magic. Snow White stops in front of us and says "Happy Birthday" and blows a kiss. BIL gets the biggest grin ever and says thank you. I then hit my BIL and inform him that she was taking to the little girl next to him. He got so embarrassed and we teased him so bad.

The next day he reports to my DH " I always thought it was corny how people think Disney is such a magical place but it really is!" I then say "yeah even snow white blew you a kiss lol".
lilmakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #44
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Sounds like what happened to my brother. Both his and my dad's hats flew off on Splash Mountain in March.

Dad had a red WDW cap that he'd spent a majority of his second trip finding (he wanted a red cap so we could find him in a crowd, which was easy enough because he's 6'2"). That one ended up never being found.

My brother's "vintage" Matt Kenseth cap (it's from when he had Dewalt sponsorship) I'd gotten him as a small present for making All-Region choir ended up in the lap of someone riding behind them.

I remembered another funny story from WDW. We visited in January 2008 when FL had that huge freeze. My mom, aunt, and I stayed to watch Wishes while my dad and brother went back to the resort (it was too cold for them). My aunt went off to get some hot chocolate. Before she got back to us, the lights had finally gone out because it had been delayed. She tripped over a curb and feel on her knees but did not spill any of the two cups of hot chocolate.

And that is not our first "falling at WDW" story. Between my mom, aunt, and me, we're kind of clumsy and accident-prone.

Last edited by 3Paige14; 06-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.
3Paige14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #45
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hilarious
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
WishingMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: