Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
DisLis
Mouseketeer

Pinocchio trying to climb into my DD3's stroller.
Smee stealing things from my DH's backpack.
My daughter stepping on Hercules' sandaled foot - best picture ever.
Cruella arrogantly telling my DD's that she is far more popular than Milo (from Atlantis) stating that no one even knows his name and my DD's being so darn pleased because they knew his name.
DD6 loving BTMR until she lost her favorite headband on it. Refused to go one after and, now 16, still gets upset when she sees picture of her with the headband.
DisLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyBri View Post
One of my favorites.
We are on the Friendship, going from Epcot to the Studio. There is a man and woman sitting in front of us.

The man, pointing to the Boardwalk, which hotel is that?
The woman, that is the Boardwalk.
The man, sure like to stay there sometime.
The woman, the only way you can stay there is if you work for Disney. That hotel is where Disney has the employees live.
Isn't is fun to listen to other people authoritatively say something that you KNOW is wrong???

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Just thought of something that was sooooo funny that we saw last September.....

We were waiting for the rest of our family at the stroller park area outside of Muppets at HS. There was a squirrel jumping from stroller to stroller, digging into backpacks, bags, pockets, anyplace he could get into looking for treats. We watched him for about 15 minutes. He ate grapes, cookies, part of a sandwich, more that we couldn't tell what it was. We wondered how many kids would be eating off the leftovers during the rest of the day.....

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
terribm
DIS Veteran

The OP's story reminded me of one of our own. On an extremely hot day at AK in June:faint, our first ride of the day was EE. My dad had his new Wake Forest hat on to protect his bald head from the sun. Of course it blew off during the ride. He spent the rest of the day walking around AK with a wash cloth on his head. He looked ridiculous. Now, everytime time we have gone since (without him) he says to look closely at that Yeti b/c I know he's going to be wearing my hat!
'02-Wilderness Lodge/'04-Pop Century
'05-All-Star Sports/FW Cabins
'06-SSR/'08-Disney Wonder/AllstarM/'09 CB
'08-Disney Wonder/All-Star Movies
'10-Pop Century
'11-Girls weekend-All Star Music Family suite

terribm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

This afternoon on Splash Mountain, a couple behind us had their young daughter between them. Before the ride starts she is screaming and won't sit down. Finally they get her seated and we start moving. She screams and cries the entire ride without stopping, and I really mean the entire ride. As we are heading in toward the exit area, she was still crying and then her cries turned to "I want to do it again!"
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

When DS was 2 DH took him to the play area in Toon Town while DD and rode Barnstormer. When we met up with them after the ride, DS was crying and DH was very red-faced. I thought, oh no, this can't be good.

What we learned was that in the play area, DS crawled into a little cubby under a slide and started taking off his shorts. He had a pull-up on underneath, but he wanted the shorts off. He did that all the time at home, but we never thought he would do it in public.

DH was talking to another dad while this was happening, so he didn't see it. A mom came up to him, pointed to DS and asked him if that was his son because he's taking his clothes off. DH looked over just as DS was crawling out of the cubby. DS stood up, crying and with his shorts around his ankles and one of his arms out of his shirt. DH asked him why he was crying and he kept saying "clothes off, stuck." DH got the whole thing on video and when I watched it I could not stop laughing.

When DS got older and we told him the story, he didn't believe us, so we got the video out to show him. It was hilarious and one of those things we will never let DS forget. We now refer to it as the day DS got naked at Disney World!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #22
king kamehameha
Poly Beach Comber

When our daughter was young and just starting to read, we walked by "Ariels Grotto" and she stopped us and asked if Cinderella lived in the castle. We replied yes and she followed that up with " Then, why does Ariel have to live in the ghetto?"
Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
umichigan10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kamehameha View Post
When our daughter was young and just starting to read, we walked by "Ariels Grotto" and she stopped us and asked if Cinderella lived in the castle. We replied yes and she followed that up with " Then, why does Ariel have to live in the ghetto?"
Ive never seen that version of the LM
2008 Saratoga Springs
2011 Bay Lake Tower
2012 April-All Star Music w/ band
2012 July- Bay Lake Tower

"Somethings wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight, and they aren't of Snow White"-an example of Metallica and Disney going hand in hand
umichigan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
Robin K
DIS Veteran

This is one I have to share:
Our first year at WDW we were staying at POR. We were down at the food court waiting for the rain to let up a bit to walk back to our room.The rain stops, we go to leave....I can't get out the door. I am pushing and pushing and pushing. Mom says "maybe you should pull it." I look there is no handle to pull....After a few seconds another person walks out OF the DOOR. I was pushing/pulling at the WINDOW!

The second one is funny to mom and myself: we rode Dinosaur twice. As we were walking around trying to decide what we want to do again before going back to the resort the Dinosaur ride came up. Mom said "to tell the truth I really don't like that ride." I said "REALLY? me either." at the same time we said "I only went because you like it" So now we check with each other several times before assuming the other likes something!
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Great thread! Here are a few humorous moments...

2007--Our first trip with the kids and DS (2 at the time) was shy with some of the characters. We were at AK and Terk come out of nowhere and scared DS who was sitting in his stroller. Terk jumped into the bushes to hide. DD who was 4 at the time was laughing so Terk knew she wasn't afraid of him. He kept inching closer to DD and DS was fine until Terk got about 3 feet from DD. DS would yell and Terk would back away. Terk tried again, but it became what seemed like a never ending cycle of "forward, yell, backward, forward, yell, backward..." Eventually DD went to Terk, took Terk through the bushes to the other side and she called for me to come take their picture.

2008--My FIL was selected in the Monster's Inc. show. The monster asked him what his favorite food was. He was instantly hit with some sort of bizarre stage fright and just sat there dumbfounded while the rest of us (10 people!) were whispering down at him "say pizza...say a burger...you just ate one an hour ago...say SOMETHING!" He finally managed to utter the word "hamburger" and the monster had a field day. The whole audience was cracking up.

2009--DD wanted to play in the misters , but I really didn't want her to get too wet because we were getting ready to go into an air conditioned building, and I didn't want her to be cold. She said "Can you at least take my picture in front of them?" I said, "Okay, hurry up so you don't get wet." As soon as I said, "say cheese", this happened...

Yep...she took a direct hit of water and got COMPLETELY doused. It was easy to get a good "cheese" after that...

We delayed our Hall of Presidents visit until she was dry.

I can't think of anything particularly funny from the last two trips, but if I do, I'll come back and share.

I love funny stories. Keep them coming, everyone!

Last edited by smitch425; 06-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #26
jn0662
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Elle View Post
i was just wondering if anyone had any funny moments that were in disney...

for me has the first time my family went on the rock'n roller costar and my moms contact lenses fell out and we found it when we got off the ride in her hair!
A couple years ago, I told my dad if he found the black and white park map, he would get fastpasses for a day for our entire family. I told him that the map is in epcot and is put in one of the front park map things at the start of everyday day. The language choosen is random. Well he made us get to the park bright and early that morning and he ran so fast to the maps, pulled out stacks and stacks and was telling other people about it. It was hillarious. My poor dad, we do some pretty mean things to him. I have it on video from a distance so you can not hear what he is saying, but his savage actions of him tearing through the maps are priceless.
jn0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kamehameha View Post

That's the cutest thing ever!!!!!hahaha!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #28
DisDayz
Mouseketeer

Okay, so here is our little inside joke. On a previous trip we were at the Crystal Palace for breakfast. We have finished our meal and are ready to go into the park but haven't seen all the characters yet. We had visited with Eeyore and Piglet and Tigger was working his way around but Winnie the Pooh was no where to be found. As we are waiting my DW decides this would be a good time for her to take a potty break before we head out into the park. The kids had been before breakfast so they were in good shape.

I guess our DD's didn't notice mom slip off. Our then 8 year old starts noticing mom is gone and asks where she went. Without missing a beat the then 3 year old responds "She went to find Pooh". Everyone in our party, except the 3 year old, busted out laughing. Now any time a member of our family needs to go to the restroom at Disney the joke is they are "Going to the Hundred Acre Wood to find Pooh"!
DisDayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #29
natfrac
Mouseketeer

One of our funniest moments was a couple of years ago when my adult step-son (in the Air Force) decided to join us (DH, DD, DS) for the first time at WDW. As we were leaving DHS he spied the Minnie wedding ears with the veil and made a comment about how it would look on him. So I told him if he'd wear them at Jellyrolls that night, I would buy him. Well he wore the ears all day and most of the evening. We have photots of him on the back of the boat from DHS with his veil flying in the wind, pictures of him swinging around lamp posts, etc. I was laughing too hard--my DD had to take the pictures. But some of the funniest moments came from the comments of others. He got everthing from a "good Lord" from an older woman to some, inapprorpiate for this forum, banter from a younger group of women.
And he did rock the veil at Jellyrolls that night, much to the piano players delight.
natfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #30
sydsmom1997
Mouseketeer

Years ago at AK, I suffered a very bad foot injury and had to be pushed in a wheelchair for the rest of the day. I was not happy about it and was being a little grumpy. We went to see Flights of Wonder and because I was in the chair, I was seated at the end of the aisle. For those who may not have seen the show, there is a part when a hawk is let loose to fly up the middle aisle to the back of the theater. When this happened he whooshed by me and smacked me right in the side of my head/ear with his large wing. I was taken back for a minute, then burst out laughing! It helped me get out of my grumpy mood!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: