Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
usagibuffy
Mouseketeer
 
usagibuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 98

Paying off balance?

I've read on here that the final payment is due 45 days before your trip. I can't find anything about that on the site. We are 47 days out and I have received nothing about paying the balance. We have a room only reservation. I can't even find a place to pay it on the site. Anybody know about this?
__________________
First big family trip! Heading to WDW Dec. 6-17 with 5yo DD, almost 3yo DS, and 3mo DS. DLR AP holders
usagibuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
mb187143
DIS Veteran
 
mb187143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA suburbs
Posts: 721

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagibuffy View Post
I've read on here that the final payment is due 45 days before your trip. I can't find anything about that on the site. We are 47 days out and I have received nothing about paying the balance. We have a room only reservation. I can't even find a place to pay it on the site. Anybody know about this?
The 45 day payment deadline is for packages (packages contain a room plus ticket and can also include dining). The room only reservations are booked in an entirely different computer system and have a deposit equal to one night's rate at booking, and the balance payment is due at the time of check in (though it can be paid before). You can cancel a room only reservation with no penalty up to 5 days before your reservation with no penalty.
__________________
Me DH Finn



mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
msb578
DIS Veteran
 
msb578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb187143 View Post
The 45 day payment deadline is for packages (packages contain a room plus ticket and can also include dining). The room only reservations are booked in an entirely different computer system and have a deposit equal to one night's rate at booking, and the balance payment is due at the time of check in (though it can be paid before). You can cancel a room only reservation with no penalty up to 5 days before your reservation with no penalty.
Yep, exactly right. You don't owe anything more until you're standing at the check-in desk.
msb578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,160

As the pp's said, package balances are due 45 days prior to arrival. RO balances are due at check in. You can make payments or pay the balance of a RO reservation prior to arrival, but you have to call as RO payments can't be made online.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,983

Even though I don't have to, I like being paid in full before we arrive, so I divide my balance with how many months till check in, and make monthly payments. Just phone the reservations line to make the payment.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #6
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,123

We had a room only reservation with a balance due at check in for our trip to the YC last month. I received an alert from my bank while riding the Magical Express to the resort. They had charged my credit card for the balance before I had even arrived at the resort!
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #7
usagibuffy
Mouseketeer
 
usagibuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 98

That makes sense, thanks!
__________________
First big family trip! Heading to WDW Dec. 6-17 with 5yo DD, almost 3yo DS, and 3mo DS. DLR AP holders
usagibuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Even though I don't have to, I like being paid in full before we arrive, so I divide my balance with how many months till check in, and make monthly payments. Just phone the reservations line to make the payment.
I like this idea as well Sue. Working on my balance right now for my upcoming trip, room only reservation. I am taking the plunge and buying a Annual Pass the first of the year. I plan on visiting Disney a few times next year.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.