Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
Thanks melbourne5! I was looking at staying at the Hyatt but for the five of us we need to book two rooms. Did you find this was the case for u guys as well? I would love to stay there because I know we will all want to just sleep when we get off that flight. Thinking room service for dinner and a sleep then wake up fingers crossed in USA time (morning)...
For us in the end it was a good decision. Yes you will need two rooms. The benefits are that you are onsite , no need for transfers/ taxis etc as you arrive at the same terminal the hotel is in ( d from memory). The hotel is really well appointed, has a good pool and outdoor area. Dining was good - on the checkin floor there is a little cafe/ convenience store and also a bar / restaraunt. We dined here and found great kids meals and burgers without being overpriced.

Best part also is a nice sleep in and a walk of 3m to the AA counter. The next day for your flight to Orlando . There is a trian/ shuttle if your plane departs one of the other 3-4 terminals. We arrived in Orlando and were able to enjoy a much better day, I think, than trying to travel all the way through in one go. We do have 3 kids though!
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #17
kyl
DIS Veteran

Hi Melbourne5, we are thinking of doing this hotel as well. I think after such a long flight it would kill us to keep going! We learnt the hard way after doing that last time from SYD-LAX-MCO 24hrs with three kids....not good. Just a quick question who did you book through? Did you book direct with the Hyatt or cheaper through someone else.
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #18
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Melbourne5, we are thinking of doing this hotel as well. I think after such a long flight it would kill us to keep going! We learnt the hard way after doing that last time from SYD-LAX-MCO 24hrs with three kids....not good. Just a quick question who did you book through? Did you book direct with the Hyatt or cheaper through someone else.
Direct on Hyatt.com

Also join their Hyatt gold passport program first. I think we got a room upgrade x2 when we stayed. Got runway views which were fantastic and high floor. No cost for this and we were new members.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
kyl
DIS Veteran

Thanks melbourne5! Just another question to bug you....but did you notice on your flights if economy was full? I have read that on the way back due to weight requirements that Qantas does not take a full load as fuel would run out? Is this true....trying to get seat allocation organised, but also trying to score a spare seat in the middle of my husband and myself. Maybe its wishful thinking.
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #20
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

my opinion re seat allocation

try and grab a & c seats down the back of the plane, people hate sitting down there so you may end up with a spare between you....
say rows 70+..

just an idea
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #21
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks melbourne5! Just another question to bug you....but did you notice on your flights if economy was full? I have read that on the way back due to weight requirements that Qantas does not take a full load as fuel would run out? Is this true....trying to get seat allocation organised, but also trying to score a spare seat in the middle of my husband and myself. Maybe its wishful thinking.
Pretty full both ways. Re the weight/ load stuff - It depends on the time of year ( really!) due to weather / winds. We went sept/oct and had no troubles.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to premium economy both ways but noticed our allocated economy seats were taken. See my trip report below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869007

A couple of suggestions - are you or your family Qantas frequent flyers ( gold or platinum) - this will help you do free seat selections , and yes I would choose to leave the middle seat. The worst that can happen is for it to be allocated and you simply offer the aisle or window.

If you can choose seats keep looking right up to a few days out to see if the seat ninth middle is still empty. There is another way to do this via a program called expert flyer.com where you see whats allocated, blocked ( ie your middle seat) but is always subject to change.

Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: