Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #901
wajones2
Mouseketeer

OMG! My good karma was in full force this morning!

So I logged into my reservation and it said "last day to book" on the activities. And out of habit, I went to Day 4 Castaway Cay looking and hoping for a Family Beach Cabana...and it was THERE! Family Beach Cabana #5. So I quickly clicked on it and it woudn't let me add it to my cart ! So I called Disney Reservations and Jan could see the cabana too, but said it shouldn't be showing because the online bookings closed yesterday...but she could sense how muchI wanted it and would do whatever she could to get it for me. Well Jan called Elaine and together they got the beach cabana for us!

I am beyond excited since we are celebrating DD's birthday on this cruise.

We are only a party of 3 (DD turns 3 on the cruise), so we are open to sharing the cabana with another family since it does accomodate up to 10.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #902
kegginsfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
So I logged into my reservation and it said "last day to book" on the activities. And out of habit, I went to Day 4 Castaway Cay looking and hoping for a Family Beach Cabana...and it was THERE! Family Beach Cabana #5. So I quickly clicked on it and it woudn't let me add it to my cart ! So I called Disney Reservations and Jan could see the cabana too, but said it shouldn't be showing because the online bookings closed yesterday...but she could sense how muchI wanted it and would do whatever she could to get it for me. Well Jan called Elaine and together they got the beach cabana for us!

We are only a party of 3 (DD turns 3 on the cruise), so we are open to sharing the cabana with another family since it does accomodate up to 10.
We are celebrating my birthday on this cruise! A family of 4. What is the price of the cabana?
kegginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #903
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegginsfamily View Post
We are celebrating my birthday on this cruise! A family of 4. What is the price of the cabana?
@kegginsfamily I posted on the Facebook page as well and I have already agreed with another family to share. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #904
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Congrats on your great snag! It's always so fun when something like that happens.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #905
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders View Post
The captain gets to choose the time zone. I expect the time-zone to change to East Coast time pretty soon after we set sail, and stay on east coast time almost until we return to Galveston. That way the ship will be on the same time zone for Florida ASAP.
I went back and looked at the Navigator from the Jan 18th & Feb 15. They moved up an hour on Saturday evening. Then moved back on Thursday evening. I'm sure the Captain can do it different on our cruise. But is is posted in the Navigator.
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #906
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Amy's printing up our door magnets today. I went and got the door hanger and our thank you envelopes printed (since our printer doesn't like card stock) for the tips.

Anyone else going to decorate their doors? I love to go see them and take pics.

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 3, Next - TBD DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #907
jenna coda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Amy's printing up our door magnets today. I went and got the door hanger and our thank you envelopes printed (since our printer doesn't like card stock) for the tips.

Jim
We are!!!! Can't wait!!!
jenna coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #908
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Jim
Got a set of black and white WDW pictures printed on magnetic sheeting at our local Disney Store outlet. The lady at the checkout counter told me they previously sold markers, but were out. I colored them with Sharpies. Instant door decorations!

Last edited by denamo; 05-07-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #909
csoutherl
Earning My Ears

We are decorating too! Just finished magnets and FE gifts today.

We leave Thursday! Yay!!
csoutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #910
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:

Jim
Yep, we are! I've made both magnets and "ears" for the door to change out every couple of days.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #911
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Jim
Yes we have our ears and magnets too
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #912
mcubit
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Enjoy the cabana. I was planning on letting everyone know that I was releasing it, but I did not get around to it. They sure are a great treat for Castaway Cay!!!
OKW - 1/05
Disneyland - 10/05
OKW - 12/05
Moved to Florida 2006 -2007!!!
OKW/ Off Site - 11/08
Off Site and 1st Disney Cruise - 10/09
POR for Night of Joy - 9/10
2nd Disney Cruise - 11/10
OKW/ Off Site/ 3rd Disney Cruise - 5/19
mcubit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #913
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Since so many of use are military I thought some of you might like this for your door -

Also Milliepie has all these -

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/mil...?sort=4&page=1

Password DISfriends

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 3, Next - TBD DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #914
denamo
Mouseketeer

We are all packed and ready to head to Galveston tomorrow. DH teaches part-time at a local university, so as soon as he gives his final tomorrow, finalizes grades, and gets them posted, we will head north!

We've had an unexpected bump in the road. DH's 93 yr. old aunt, who lives in a nearby town, fell and broke her hip. They performed surgery last night, so we went to see her in the hospital today. She is alert, but not happy about this adventure. Seems to be doing well despite her circumstance. She will go to rehab by Friday.

Wishing all safe travels.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #915
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Sorry to hear about your Aunt's fracture, and I hope that she heals well! Regarding the Fisney stroller, you can just rent at the gate. The only drawback is that they are hard rather than soft seats. I'd recommend bringing a colorful bandana to tie to the handle to distinguish from the herd if other dis strollers.

Safe travels everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: