Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #886
denamo
Mouseketeer

Cash or Card @ WDW

Wondering if cash or credit card is better to use at WDW to purchase food, drinks, souvenirs. Could someone weigh in here. Thanks!
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #887
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

I have a Disney card so I work the discount.

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 3, Next - TBD DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #888
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

On it's way. Got one bounce back on militaryears. Just drop me a note at et1drouillard@yahoo.com.

Jim

Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #889
golfpccc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
I've only eaten at the buffets and not the little places here and there but the buffets were free. Only charged for alcohol.

Jim
Does this mean there are several buffets on Castaway Cay that are free? Just wondered if we had to go back to the ship for included food.
golfpccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #890
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpccc View Post
Does this mean there are several buffets on Castaway Cay that are free? Just wondered if we had to go back to the ship for included food.
I've eaten at the main beach (family) and Serenity (adult) beach buffets and they were. I'm thinking things like the fruit stands, ice cream and soda (non-bottle) were all free.

Jim

Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #891
disdoat
Earning My Ears

There are two Buffets that I believe are identical. They are both free. I never even found other food on island besides the buffets. Also free sodas and frozen yogurt.
disdoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #892
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegginsfamily View Post
Yes maybe they will find each other there! My daughters name is Peyton. I have the suitcases laid out and I have started putting a few things in them. I still have tons of errands and laundry to do though! We are getting so excited!

I have a couple questions too, does the ship stay on Galveston time or do we switch over to eastern time? I called DCL and they didn't seem to know the answer! Also, I was thinking of packing the water bottles with the Brita filters in them to use for water for us, and especially for baby bottles. I need opinions on this please! How does the water on the ship taste? Only 4 days until our much needed family vacation!!
For my first DCL cruise, I brought a ton of bottled water because I drink a lot of it and was pregnant with out twins at the time. It was actually a waste because the DCL ship water is wonderful! It's triple filtered or something great and I found it to be fantastic...safe and tasty. Everyone's different though. Now I just bring bottled water for our port days for the convenience away from the ship. Cheers!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #893
kegginsfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
For my first DCL cruise, I brought a ton of bottled water because I drink a lot of it and was pregnant with out twins at the time. It was actually a waste because the DCL ship water is wonderful! It's triple filtered or something great and I found it to be fantastic...safe and tasty. Everyone's different though. Now I just bring bottled water for our port days for the convenience away from the ship. Cheers!
Thank you! That helps me so much! Sorry for all of the questions, but are we allowed to bring a stroller? Suggestions for that? I don't really like small umbrella strollers because they can't hold bags and stuff like that so I was thinking about bringing my bigger one mainly for Disney World and Key West. What do most people do?
kegginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #894
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

You're welcome! Questions are great! That's how we all learn to make the best of our vacations. I spend a lot of time searching topics on the main DIS DCL board to pick up tips. Anyway, I don't think that strollers are very convenient on the ship because of tight spaces. Not impossible...just difficult to navigate and squeeze, plus storage could be an issue in your room. However, if renting a stroller at Disney World won't work for you, then you could probably get one in...maybe even store it in the tub when you're not bathing?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #895
kegginsfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
You're welcome! Questions are great! That's how we all learn to make the best of our vacations. I spend a lot of time searching topics on the main DIS DCL board to pick up tips. Anyway, I don't think that strollers are very convenient on the ship because of tight spaces. Not impossible...just difficult to navigate and squeeze, plus storage could be an issue in your room. However, if renting a stroller at Disney World won't work for you, then you could probably get one in...maybe even store it in the tub when you're not bathing?
Yeah I didn't think about the skinny hallways and storage! Thanks! If we rent one at Disney do we have to do it ahead of time? Or can we? Not sure how it works
kegginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #896
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Amy and I don't have kids. I was looking for a Palo brunch but didn't see any open. If you don't mind two people?

Jim
did you ever get one, i have one for 11 on Mother's day, Sunday, I am going to cancel but i can do it when you are logged in and you can see if you can get it?? let me know.....seh123 at gmail dot com
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #897
s232271
Mouseketeer

Kilted candyman according to this it is only online booking What is Palo, and how do I make a dining reservation there? Answer All 4 ships feature an elegant adults-only restaurant called Palo. Reservations for brunch (available available during Disney 4-Night and longer cruises) and dinner at Palo can be made online in advance of embarkation or after you board the ship. Since seating is limited, advance reservations are recommended. Palo dining is limited to Guests 18 and older. The Palo Dining Option is $20 per Guest for both brunch and dinner.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #898
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Kilted candyman according to this it is only online booking What is Palo, and how do I make a dining reservation there? Answer All 4 ships feature an elegant adults-only restaurant called Palo. Reservations for brunch (available available during Disney 4-Night and longer cruises) and dinner at Palo can be made online in advance of embarkation or after you board the ship. Since seating is limited, advance reservations are recommended. Palo dining is limited to Guests 18 and older. The Palo Dining Option is $20 per Guest for both brunch and dinner.
We were able to coordinate it and now Amy and I get to try Palo brunch.

Thanks s232271.

Jim

Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #899
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We were able to coordinate it and now Amy and I get to try Palo brunch.

Thanks s232271.

Jim
So glad I could give them to you! enjoy!!!
Sharon
Old 05-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #900
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

2 more days

Jim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: