Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #871
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Depending on your abilities and/or kids, Castaway is a wonderful walk. It's really not that big. Amy and I love walking it with camera in hand. The flowers are beautiful and it is a nice leg stretch.

Jim
This cruise will be only my dh and me. A walk would be nice. Our children are grown, so no little kids or grandchildren. We are planning for a fairly relaxing cruise with the exception of WDW. We figure that will be the target all out day! So glad we have some sea days to follow!

Something unique for us is we've just come off a cruise on the Allure. My brother, sil, and her parents were going and begged us to go with them. We've never been able to mesh our schedules, so we went for it! We definitely went non-stop on the Allure as we were kind of the tour guides for our group since we'd been on both the Oasis and the Allure before. Having already booked the Magic, it would mean forfeiting approximately 20% of our cruise fare; we decided to see what a constant cruise life would be like. We won't be doing any major travel adventures for a while after this cruise!

Catching up on all of the posts has been exciting. My cruise research for the Magic was sort of sidetracked, so I'm playing catch up! Looking forward to this Disney cruise since this will be our first.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #872
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Amy and I plan to do the 5K (if we can motivate ), shower than take a leisurely stroll to Serenity Beach, which has the best food), than down the path behind the Cabanas and than back to the ship to relax in a fairly empty ship. Maybe moving down to the pier for character pics.

Jim
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #873
golfpccc
Earning My Ears

This is also our first Disney cruise. Still researching trying to answer lots of questions. Is there a charge for the food at Castaway Cay?
golfpccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #874
militaryears
Earning My Ears

Military Presence

Quote:
Wow, a lot of AF heading out. Got this poor squid outnumbered

Jim
Someone asked for a military callout, but I cannot find the post to quote it.

As our user name suggests, we too are military. No worries Jim looks like the AF has Army outnumbered as well.

I am a veteran and my husband is AD Army currently stationed @ Fort Gordon GA pending retirement, while me and our children settle into what will become out permanent home "Pensacola, Florida". Living in Pensacola and working for the DON I am use to being outnumbered.

We are glad to be cruising with many of the nation’s finest (Army, Navy, AF, & Marines) and their families. Oopppss forgot to include any Coast Guard who miss being a part of the DOD.

Boarding in 96 hours for a much needed, long overdue, R&R with my family (together again with Daddy after hardship tour), first Disney Cruise. Everyone travel safe.....

The Connors (aka militaryears)
militaryears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #875
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Can't guarantee it but my guess about the AF would be the number of them in the San Antonio area, big base there, their Boot if I'm correct.

If it like the Navy people have a tendency to retire at their last duty station so you tend to have a lot more Navy in those areas. Around JRB Ft Worth you will find a lot of Navy brown shoes.

Jim
Old 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #876
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpccc View Post
This is also our first Disney cruise. Still researching trying to answer lots of questions. Is there a charge for the food at Castaway Cay?
I've only eaten at the buffets and not the little places here and there but the buffets were free. Only charged for alcohol.

Jim
Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #877
militaryears
Earning My Ears

Hidden Mickeys

Quote:
I have a scanned listing of the Hidden Mickey's and their clues. If someone wants them plus the suggestions for how to make a game of it let me know.

Jim
As a yearly WDW traveler my kids (getting older) are more into the hidden Mickeys than the attractions. This is the first we have heard about them on the ship. This would be wonderful for us. Please send us your scanned list and your game suggestions. This is wonderful. But I can not post my email address until I post on this board 10 time and I have only posted 7 times to date so I am attempting to put it in code. My email is cclcconnnors and it is at gmail.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #878
kegginsfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykids View Post
Our 1st Disney cruise too. My daughter is 5 too. Her name is Sarah. Maybe they will meet in the kids club.

Are you packed? Like others have mentioned it's a bit hard to focus on the non-cruise details this week . Have DD packed and most of my gear but not DH.

Magic begins soon.. I am finishing this:

Yes maybe they will find each other there! My daughters name is Peyton. I have the suitcases laid out and I have started putting a few things in them. I still have tons of errands and laundry to do though! We are getting so excited!

I have a couple questions too, does the ship stay on Galveston time or do we switch over to eastern time? I called DCL and they didn't seem to know the answer! Also, I was thinking of packing the water bottles with the Brita filters in them to use for water for us, and especially for baby bottles. I need opinions on this please! How does the water on the ship taste? Only 4 days until our much needed family vacation!!
kegginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #879
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegginsfamily View Post
Yes maybe they will find each other there! My daughters name is Peyton. I have the suitcases laid out and I have started putting a few things in them. I still have tons of errands and laundry to do though! We are getting so excited!

I have a couple questions too, does the ship stay on Galveston time or do we switch over to eastern time? I called DCL and they didn't seem to know the answer! Also, I was thinking of packing the water bottles with the Brita filters in them to use for water for us, and especially for baby bottles. I need opinions on this please! How does the water on the ship taste? Only 4 days until our much needed family vacation!!
The Navigators show time changes so I would say they move to local time in travel.

Jim
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #880
militaryears
Earning My Ears

The military family

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittJohnson87 View Post
Hi Jim!

We are the military family on the list celebrating Daddy coming home!

Britt
We are the family celebrating the coming home and the soon be retirement.

Hooah!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #881
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j51iovxht...Mickeys.docx?m

This is Hidden Mickey information I found online. I revamped the document and left out any areas listed where no Hidden Mickeys were to be found. I put this in my Dropbox, so I'm hoping the link works.This information was posted quite some time ago, so it may not list all of the Hidden Mickeys.
militaryears, Try my link at the top of this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryears View Post
As a yearly WDW traveler my kids (getting older) are more into the hidden Mickeys than the attractions. This is the first we have heard about them on the ship. This would be wonderful for us. Please send us your scanned list and your game suggestions. This is wonderful. But I can not post my email address until I post on this board 10 time and I have only posted 7 times to date so I am attempting to put it in code. My email is cclcconnnors and it is at gmail.

Thanks
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #882
militaryears
Earning My Ears

Countdown rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykids View Post
We made a disney countdown chain in "Magic" colors and she breaks one off each day.
I know that store well! !)
My kids an I use to make a countdown chain to count the days until "daddy comes home" from deployments. Smiling on the inside after reading it being referenced for something magical with out the sacrifice.

Not to many rings left on that chain
Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #883
militaryears
Earning My Ears

Hidden mickey's

Quote:
There have been a bunch of people who want the Hidden Mickey stuff. They are here -

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=783

Just click on the links and it will go to 4share.

Jim
I cannot get these links to work. anyone else get them to open?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #884
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

For those who have given me their emails I will try to get them all out tonight. Didn't know there was a big issue with 4share.

Warning it is three files and if I remember correctly they are fairly big.

Jim
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #885
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Time Zone Channge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegginsfamily View Post
I have a couple questions too, does the ship stay on Galveston time or do we switch over to eastern time? I called DCL and they didn't seem to know the answer!
The captain gets to choose the time zone. I expect the time-zone to change to East Coast time pretty soon after we set sail, and stay on east coast time almost until we return to Galveston. That way the ship will be on the same time zone for Florida ASAP.

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: