Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #826
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer
 
Kilted Candyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholifield View Post
I know there may mostly be mom's reading this post but I am looking for something special for my bride on Sunday, May 12. Does anyone know if there will be anything on the ship to honor mom's or any ideas to make it awesome?

Thanks,
Tim
They have cake! Amy and I are ordering a cake and a fruit & cheese platter for our anniversary.

Also, even thought they don't list it in the menu, Mickey Bars are available for all deserts and room service. No cruise is complete without at least one Mickey Bar, the more the better.

Jim
__________________
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories



Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 6, Next - August DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #827
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
They have cake! Amy and I are ordering a cake and a fruit & cheese platter for our anniversary.

Also, even thought they don't list it in the menu, Mickey Bars are available for all deserts and room service. No cruise is complete without at least one Mickey Bar, the more the better.

Jim
I've heard of the Mickey bars and plan to order it but what exactly is it?

Also, has anyone else scheduled a phone call from Mickey (or Goofy) before? What exactly do they say?

We're still trying to iron out details on how to break the surprise to our DD and we have that call scheduled that morning so may just let Mickey do it.
__________________
Disney Magic, May 10-18, 2013
Disney Dream, June 15-19, 2015
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #828
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer
 
Kilted Candyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 379

A mickey bar is basically an Eskimo Pie, chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream but it tastes great and you can get sprinkles!

On our last cruise Amy had one every night and you should have seen the expression on my father-in-law the first night He had been introduced to them at WDW the night before and fell for them (they are better on the ship). He threw the biggest pout about "He didn't see them on the desert menu!" When I told him you could still order them anytime he was "Why didn't anyone tell me that?"

Jim
__________________
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories



Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 6, Next - August DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #829
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
A mickey bar is basically an Eskimo Pie, chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream but it tastes great and you can get sprinkles!

On our last cruise Amy had one every night and you should have seen the expression on my father-in-law the first night He had been introduced to them at WDW the night before and fell for them (they are better on the ship). He threw the biggest pout about "He didn't see them on the desert menu!" When I told him you could still order them anytime he was "Why didn't anyone tell me that?"

Jim
I'm sure my DD will want one every night too! Maybe me too. hehe.. although I'm more of a milk and cookies kind of person. And since I plan to bring some Baileys.. maybe a Bailey's and cookie kind of person.
__________________
Disney Magic, May 10-18, 2013
Disney Dream, June 15-19, 2015
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #830
kegginsfamily
Earning My Ears
 
kegginsfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
Welcome! Everyone here is really nice. This is our first Disney cruise as well and my DD will be 5 May 12.

Awesome! I'm sure the girls will have so much fun! So exciting! Thanks for welcoming me!
kegginsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #831
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer
 
MickeyWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
I've heard of the Mickey bars and plan to order it but what exactly is it?

Also, has anyone else scheduled a phone call from Mickey (or Goofy) before? What exactly do they say?

We're still trying to iron out details on how to break the surprise to our DD and we have that call scheduled that morning so may just let Mickey do it.
We opted for the Mickey call to tell our kids. You can find it on YouTube if you want to hear what they say. It's kind of like we look forward to seeing you on your Disney cruise (obviously longer that just that). My kids loved it.
__________________
Steve
---------------------
WDW
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #832
golfpccc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 13

Galveston Hotels

If anyone is staying in Galveston before the cruise, you might want to check the hotel web sites--rates are really coming down. This is why I always like to book a refundable cancellation. So far, I have cancelled and rebooked 3 times in the past week. Actually, the prices have come down so much we decided to head to Galveston on Wed.
golfpccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #833
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!
 
Luv2Diz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Great Northwest
Posts: 1,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpccc View Post
If anyone is staying in Galveston before the cruise, you might want to check the hotel web sites--rates are really coming down. This is why I always like to book a refundable cancellation. So far, I have cancelled and rebooked 3 times in the past week. Actually, the prices have come down so much we decided to head to Galveston on Wed.
Thanks for posting the reminder to check rates! It was on my "to-do" list..... We are staying near Hobby again since our flight gets in late. Rates dropped there too. I just rebooked our room to save $26!
__________________
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #834
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 75

FE list room update

Hello All!
Can't believe we will be boarding a week from tomorrow! I added room numbers to the original FE list-
[URL="http://https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIxIiMtjoLedHZ5S2lObHhjWDlxZVQ5MWhPNnoxT 0E&usp=sharing"]
Merissaandmomlovedis are in 7009, and Mamajd are in 6539. I left them in the B group since that's where they've been.... I still have not heard from Neska1212, unless I missed a post or email--definitely possible though I've tried to keep an eye out.
Cheers!
__________________
Becca
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #835
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 75

Embarkation Day Meets or Not?

I've seen lots of great suggestions for "meets". Is anyone interested in Embarkation Day meet and greets? I briefly looked through some other meet groups and saw interesting suggestions for a Kids Meet after lunch on day one at the Mickey pool and a general DIS meet and greet at 3pm on day one at the Promenade lounge. I've also seen cute ideas for helping us spot each-other, such as someone making tags to go with our lanyards or a lime green bracelet of some sort, just a thought....Hey! It's 12:01, officially just one more week!
__________________
Becca
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #836
golfpccc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 13

Luggage Tags

Since Disney did not send us our documents or luggage tags, was wondering if someone would be so kind as to submit a picture of a Disney luggage tag. Know I can get tags at the port, but like to have everything affixed to luggage before gettin to port. Thought if I had an idea as to want they looked like I could make my own. Thank you in advance.
golfpccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #837
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 385

[QUOTE=Zandersmom;48284139]Hello All!
Can't believe we will be boarding a week from tomorrow! I added room numbers to the original FE list-
[URL="http://https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIxIiMtjoLedHZ5S2lObHhjWDlxZVQ5MWhPNnoxT 0E&usp=sharing"]
Merissaandmomlovedis are in 7009, and Mamajd are in 6539. I left them in the B group since that's where they've been.... I still have not heard from Neska1212, unless I missed a post or email--definitely possible though I've tried to keep an eye out.
Cheers![/QUOTE

Looks like we just have one cabin not assigned yet or updated! Only 1 week to go!
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #838
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpccc View Post
Since Disney did not send us our documents or luggage tags, was wondering if someone would be so kind as to submit a picture of a Disney luggage tag. Know I can get tags at the port, but like to have everything affixed to luggage before gettin to port. Thought if I had an idea as to want they looked like I could make my own. Thank you in advance.

Post #36 in this board has a picture of the luggage tags.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44829381
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #839
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer
 
Kilted Candyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 379

Freeport was as close as I could come to Castaway Cay -

__________________
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories



Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 6, Next - August DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #840
AntonioOtero
Earning My Ears
 
AntonioOtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16

I don't think you can use any luggage tag. They look pretty specific to your reservation with barcodes. Almost like an airline tag.
__________________
AntonioOtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.