Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #721
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiziejenga View Post
We're in the B group for FE and signed up for kids only...I thought it was pretty obvious that meant we really didn't need anything for the adults, but would really appreciate gifts for our two girls. After reading some threads about FEs, I realized it might be taken as we are only GIVING gifts to kids. Just want to clarify that is not the case.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but just wanted to throw that out there.
Same here, we are gifting to all as well. I'm on the late entry FE list and originally it seemed like a good idea to just do the gift exchange between kids with the shorter time frame but not everyone has kids. So to be safe, we're just gifting everyone but am absolutely okay if only our DD gets gifts!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #722
KSLATL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiziejenga View Post
We're in the B group for FE and signed up for kids only...I thought it was pretty obvious that meant we really didn't need anything for the adults, but would really appreciate gifts for our two girls. After reading some threads about FEs, I realized it might be taken as we are only GIVING gifts to kids. Just want to clarify that is not the case.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but just wanted to throw that out there.
We are also signed up as FE kids only. I meant it as that I only wanted my children to receive goodies. We are a large family and I didn't want to overwhelm everyone. I will also be giving to everyone, adults and kids alike. So excited!
KSLATL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #723
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

My husband is a medically retired E5 from Army and Army Guard. He was rated 100% so we get access to a lot of the military stuff still

Which reminds me - I have to get my ID renewed with DEERs before the cruise!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #724
jadanielz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Looks like there are quite a few military coming along. Who are we all?

I'm a Navy Reservist, an E6 (ET1) with 18.

I see one person is retired/retiring and another celebrating getting home.

Jim

My husband is currently in the Washington Air National Guard formerly in the Air Force. The miliary rate is hard to beat :0)
jadanielz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #725
cruzngMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom30 View Post
anyone on the 5/10 magic cruise considering the cast away cay 5k ? I am excited. also, anyone else running while on the ship?

My daughter wants to do it, she is excited.
cruzngMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #726
Crchapm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Looks like there are quite a few military coming along. Who are we all?

I'm a Navy Reservist, an E6 (ET1) with 18.

I see one person is retired/retiring and another celebrating getting home.

Jim
DH is active AF soon to be E-6. I spent 2 enlistments in AF. We really appreciate the great discounts Disney has offered military members. The best part is that there will be no way to contact us on ship, so nobody can call DH in to take care of someone elses mistake. We have him all to ourselves. :D
Crchapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #727
kbuz
Earning My Ears

First Time Aboard

Hi all! I have been procrastinating/dreaming about our cruise and forgot to join the board until now. This is our first Disney cruise and our son (who is 4.5) is super excited to go on "Mickey's Big Boat"! We took advantage of the amazing Military Discount - it was a bad day (furlough information) so I logged on to find this amazing deal, so we booked it! We are coming from San Antonio and also have friends sailing on the same cruise. I am completely lost on some of the terminology since the last cruise I went on was an awful Carnival cruise years ago. What is FE and is it too late to join up? I look forward to meeting you all and making some new friends!
kbuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #728
jadanielz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuz View Post
Hi all! I have been procrastinating/dreaming about our cruise and forgot to join the board until now. This is our first Disney cruise and our son (who is 4.5) is super excited to go on "Mickey's Big Boat"! We took advantage of the amazing Military Discount - it was a bad day (furlough information) so I logged on to find this amazing deal, so we booked it! We are coming from San Antonio and also have friends sailing on the same cruise. I am completely lost on some of the terminology since the last cruise I went on was an awful Carnival cruise years ago. What is FE and is it too late to join up? I look forward to meeting you all and making some new friends!
Welcome!! Today is the last day I believe to join the FE group. I apparently cannot post the link as I have not posted enough stuff on here but hopefully someone will send it really quickly or go back a few pages to find it! Found it on page 42 under GArriola post (the link).

You will want to sign up under late entries. FE stands for Fish Extender group and you hang a mailbox from your fish outside the door and it gets filled with neat little presents (some homemade some bought) from the people in your group. This is my second cruise but first time I heard of FE too! I think it sounds exciting!

Last edited by jadanielz; 04-25-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: adding information
jadanielz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #729
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Look what I got!!!

Looks like they are shipping stuff out

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 5, Next - November DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #730
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:

Looks like they are shipping stuff out

Jim
We received ours last month exactly one week after booking our cruise. I was surprised to see it arrive that fast! This little booklet with the luggage tags makes the cruise seem real!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #731
llachance
Mouseketeer

My family

is heavy into the Military. Son in law missed the last cruise because he was deployed to the Horn of Africa. He will be joining us on this cruise. I spent 13 years in the AF, my husband spent 6 years in the AF and my sister was in the AF. My husband and I are currenty in the Texas State Guard
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #732
llachance
Mouseketeer

Help Please

I am on the original FE list. Now that I have time to catch up on the Dis I see there are groups. Can someone explain to me what is up. Thanks
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #733
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Last Call Late Entry FE Group

Just want to put a last call out there for the late entry FE group. We close the group after today.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #734
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llachance View Post
I am on the original FE list. Now that I have time to catch up on the Dis I see there are groups. Can someone explain to me what is up. Thanks
I'm not 100% sure as to what List A and List B are.. I assume because the list got so big it was split into two? But I know the Late Entry list is for those that still wanted to do FE but joined after the April 1 close date for the original FE group.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #735
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuz View Post
You just made it! This is out first Disney cruise too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: