Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #631
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Amy and I don't have kids. I was looking for a Palo brunch but didn't see any open. If you don't mind two people?

Jim
Although I would of loved to dine with you both I presume I only have a table for 2 booked so I wouldn't be able to add you both, sorry. There is an opening just now for a brunch on 1st seaday at 11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
I have a Palo brunch booked by myself - My DD is 10, and she will be in the kids club while I eat Weds May 15th is when I have mine booked. I should be able to add one to my res
Hi, I would love to share a brunch if your up for it
My dd will be in club too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
How about we do a get together on Saturday, May 11 at the breakfast buffet (Topsiders, right?) starting at 0830? Jammies are welcome. I will make a sign to hang/post/something so people know where we are gathering.

Any objections/better ideas?
I'm definitely up for this, great to meet up with fellow dis'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM View Post
Hi Susan, how do you know the DVC reception is at 10? From past personal navigators? Last cruise we actually got a call from the DVC rep that would be on the cruise. I don't want to miss that either! I'm not sure about breakfast or lunch but I will certainly try! How about posting a list of happenings on Zandersmom's cabin? Poor Becca will have a lot of foot traffic! Too bad we don't have a facebook account for this cruise. It's nice to match pictures to names that way you can introduce yourself.
Still Not too late for you to organise a facebook group, would be easier to recognise folks once onboard
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #632
denamo
Mouseketeer

Haven't checked in for awhile and the thread has kind of exploded! Looks like the excitement for this cruise is revving up.

Has anyone here ever done the 5K (?unsure if that is the correct distance) walk on Castaway Cay? We are thinking this might be a kind of fun thing to do. I'm not a runner, but do try to walk 4-5 times a week.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #633
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo
Haven't checked in for awhile and the thread has kind of exploded! Looks like the excitement for this cruise is revving up.

Has anyone here ever done the 5K (?unsure if that is the correct distance) walk on Castaway Cay? We are thinking this might be a kind of fun thing to do. I'm not a runner, but do try to walk 4-5 times a week.
Hi denamo,

I have not been to castaway cay before but I am hoping to do the 5k as well. I found a thread about it on the boards, if I can find the link I will post.

Anyone else thinking about doing the castaway cay 5k?

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #634
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Although I would of loved to dine with you both I presume I only have a table for 2 booked so I wouldn't be able to add you both, sorry. There is an opening just now for a brunch on 1st seaday at 11am
Not a problem though the brunch got grabbed since your post :D

I'm pretty flexible on meets.

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 5, Next - November DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #635
wajones2
Mouseketeer

WDW Info

I am hoping for low to moderate crowds for our WDW day. Some past cruiser have reported extreme crowd levels for their days, but appears there is still hope for us...

Any time between May 1 – 16 would be best. You’ll find the lowest crowds of the month and be able to enjoy Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival. You also won’t need to worry about the Star Wars Weekend crowds at Hollywood Studios. The weather is also cooler.

Things that will be closed:

Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom will be closed from May 13th through May 15th, reopening on May 16th.
Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom will be closed from May 13th through May 16th, reopening on May 17th.
Mad Tea Party at Magic Kingdom will be closed from April 10th through May 21st, reopening on May 22nd.

Last edited by wajones2; 04-19-2013 at 10:59 AM.
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #636
KsquaredMomma
Earning My Ears

a little late to the party but we've just booked (literally) and are so excited! Our first Disney Cruise and our first cruise as a family. Traveling with DS 4 & 10 along with DH and g-parents! Cannot wait!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #637
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsquaredMomma View Post
a little late to the party but we've just booked (literally) and are so excited! Our first Disney Cruise and our first cruise as a family. Traveling with DS 4 & 10 along with DH and g-parents! Cannot wait!!!

So excited for you all! You will have a magical vacation
Old 04-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #638
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsquaredMomma View Post
Welcome.

BTW are we going to start a photo thread? With 8 days, 3 ports, a Disney day, I'm sure there will be a lot of full memory chips out there

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 5, Next - November DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #639
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Not sure about the photo thread, but I think someone said they were going to set up a Facebook page but I haven't seen it posted.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #640
csoutherl
Earning My Ears

That would be a bummer for those of us not on Facebook!

I like the idea of a photo thread.

21 days!
csoutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #641
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Picture from Magic Last Year

The photo thread ? gave me the idea to post this family pic with Mickey from the Magic last year - now you will all recognize us when you see us on board - me (Wendy), DH (Keith), DD (Ava) - Notice the secure grip on Daddy's shirt .
Old 04-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #642
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Facebook

I wouldn't mind setting up a Facebook page or group on Facebook, although I couldn't do it until later tonight (if anyone else wants to do it before then).

Unless things have changed (as they always do on Facebook) I think you can share pictures from FB (for those not on it)... I THINK.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #643
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Maybe someone could set up a photo thread? I've tried to post pictures or a facebook link but it doesn't seem to work? Not sure if I don't have some weird permission turned on for the Disboards. I like the facebook idea but not everyone wants to join facebook. Ideas?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #644
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Maybe someone could set up a photo thread? I've tried to post pictures or a facebook link but it doesn't seem to work? Not sure if I don't have some weird permission turned on for the Disboards. I like the facebook idea but not everyone wants to join facebook. Ideas?
Is the photo thread on this board, but another topic? Or is it another site like Photo Bucket? I had trouble posting pics too, until I moved some to Photo Bucket and it worked by using the direct link they provided.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #645
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all! I just added our family to the "Late Entries" FE list. That makes 6 cabins! Woo hoo! Well I guess 5 because you don't leave a gift for your own cabin...
We have 2 cabins. Been debating cause my girls are in their 20's then dh and I.
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: