Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #586
s232271
Mouseketeer

A CAT 10A , Secret POrthole, cabin 5520 is available on our cruise now, I am so tempted to switch, I am in a 11 B sideways room though.....

wanted to toss this out there in case someone might consider moving

link to pics http://picasaweb.google.com/jamaica5...nderCabin5520#

Last edited by s232271; 04-17-2013 at 08:56 AM.
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #587
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Packing List

I have officially started our packing list ! WOO HOO! Hope to have it finished by the end of the week.
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #588
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Amy realized that this is the longest trip where we weren't staying with relatives (who have washers) so she has to put more effort in planning. I've started pulling my stuff starting with the formal and semi-formal nights. Than it is on to the outings.

We are working on our FE gifts now. We have luck as Amy works for a promotional products firm and we can get fun things! First cruise we gave string shoulder bags with a skull and cross bones with "Dead men tell no tales" and the cruise dates. Last one was one of those single shoulder slings with some fun stuff on it. While (I think from what people said) people liked the bags we are looking for something else.

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 5, Next - November DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #589
NWR
Earning My Ears

Jim, great gifts! Oh heavens I need to step up my game!! lol
NWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #590
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Amy realized that this is the longest trip where we weren't staying with relatives (who have washers) so she has to put more effort in planning. I've started pulling my stuff starting with the formal and semi-formal nights. Than it is on to the outings.

We are working on our FE gifts now. We have luck as Amy works for a promotional products firm and we can get fun things! First cruise we gave string shoulder bags with a skull and cross bones with "Dead men tell no tales" and the cruise dates. Last one was one of those single shoulder slings with some fun stuff on it. While (I think from what people said) people liked the bags we are looking for something else.

Jim
I had to do laundry on a 5 night cruise , so I'm guessing the same will hold true on this one. I like that the washer/dryers take the key to world card and they have a count down timer, so I could set the timer on my phone and come back right before it finished to move it to the dryer or collect it.

FE ideas sound very cool! still workign on mine too.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #591
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Amy says she has the best job in the world at times. She is paid to spend other peoples money. She shops for a living!

She is the sales assistant. The customers comes to the sales person with the event, price and other info and the sales person passes it to my wife to find and design the stuff for them. Stress relievers, pens, lanyards, ect. You wouldn't believe the stuff she has access to.

Jim

Old 04-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #592
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Hi all! I just added our family to the "Late Entries" FE list. That makes 6 cabins! Woo hoo! Well I guess 5 because you don't leave a gift for your own cabin...
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #593
wajones2
Mouseketeer

I'm so ready for this vacation - How many more days????

23 DAYS!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #594
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
Let us know how you like the show. We are going 4/27. I have 2 lights that spin around I have to remember to take...I'm hoping this saves us from having to buy one there....so tips on $ savers at the show would be appreicated.

We have 2nd row rink side seats, I am hoping DD loves it and isn't overwhelmed being so close to the action.
It was awesome!!! All the little girls there were dressed up as princesses too it was so cute! Definitely bring your spinning light thing because DD never had one and we gave in and it was $22! Doesn't party city sell those things for $8-9? Anyway, anything glowing or light spinning... bring it. Save some money there! Eat before you go. Save more money. Have a tiara or crown, bring that too. lol! We gave in and bought the light (she was gifted the tiara and belle's rose by a friend) that I will definitely have during the cruise and all other Disney events!

They also sell coloring books, dolls, light up swords too. Oh! At the end while everyone was leaving they had a pack of 5 toys (I didn't get to hear what all was in it) for $10. Could be worth it though if I had to guess it was probably small items that aren't worth $10. Just my guess.

Hope you enjoy your show! We had smiles plastered on our faces the entire time!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #595
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Got our FEs ordered. Was easiest to order enough for all the cabins :D so we will be busy the first day or so.

Jim

Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #596
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Disney on Ice

So glad it was a great show! This will be the kick off of our "all things Disney" through the cruise. 4/27 - Disney on Ice; 5/4 - DD b-day party for all her friends w/Disney theme and then the CRUISE!!

We are all counting down the days to our long well deserved break from reality.

Last edited by wajones2; 04-18-2013 at 03:40 PM.
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #597
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Is there any other adults out there travelling alone who would like to share a palo brunch??

I'm travelling with my dd11 and I've already booked a palo brunch on my lonesome but the nearer this cruise gets I'm kinda put off eating alone 😁
binkytell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #598
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Is there any other adults out there travelling alone who would like to share a palo brunch??

I'm travelling with my dd11 and I've already booked a palo brunch on my lonesome but the nearer this cruise gets I'm kinda put off eating alone 😁
Amy and I don't have kids. I was looking for a Palo brunch but didn't see any open. If you don't mind two people?

Jim

Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #599
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

I have a Palo brunch booked by myself - My DD is 10, and she will be in the kids club while I eat Weds May 15th is when I have mine booked. I should be able to add one to my res
Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #600
wajones2
Mouseketeer

My Little Pirate

Found the 2 sweetest pictures from cruise last year of DD being a pirate "milk beard" , had to share! You will all see her very soon running around the ship! She loves the long hallways & stairs.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxuE...it?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxuE...it?usp=sharing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: