Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #556
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran
 
lovetotraveltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Just signed up for Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom while at WDW. Amy really loves the back stage animal stuff.

Also signed up for Old Town Trolley Or Conch Train Tour in the Keys. Been on Old Town a few times in my travels and they are normally pretty good at getting you to the main high points when I am in a place for the first time.

Really making those around me jealous. Counting down those days.

Jim
We want to do the hop on/hop off old time trolley's. Wanted to book online in advance. Is that what you are doing?

Also, maybe on one of the early sea days we can do a meet. We are not in an FE group But, would love to meet everyone.
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #557
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
We want to do the hop on/hop off old time trolley's. Wanted to book online in advance. Is that what you are doing?

Also, maybe on one of the early sea days we can do a meet. We are not in an FE group But, would love to meet everyone.
Yep. Did it under port adventures for Key West.

Jim
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #558
mickeydavis
Earning My Ears
 
mickeydavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 24

I was reading mousesavers newsletter and noticed Cinderella's Royal Table will be closed for refurbishment May 13 to May 16.
mickeydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #559
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
We are not in an FE group But, would love to meet everyone.
There is an FE group open for late entries (like myself!) located here :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #560
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
Working on DD's pillowcase design this morning. I love the globe w/mickey ears posted earlier & I'm working it into the design !

Found the most perfect birthday outfit for DD to wear on her birthday during the day this weekend - we spent entirely too much time in the mall. But it did give me a good preview as to how difficult it will be this cruise to keep her in the stroller vs. last year. I have my fingers crossed that it will be more magical for her when we are on the ship...I'm dreaming I know, but don't wake me up! We are still bringing it with us, but also bringing her backpack with leash for those times when we need it for her safety.
Cool! My daughter is also celebrating a birthday on this cruise! She'll turn 5 May 12. How old will your daughter be and when is her birthday?
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #561
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 373

Just signed up for FE list.

We are debating on the signatures. We did the mat the first time and forgot to tape off the edge with painter's tape so some of the signatures would end up under the frame. Last time we brought ornaments but forgot to mark all signatures and only got the Fab 5 and Princesses -



Also I put this on our door -



http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/...an/dissers.jpg

Jim
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #562
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
Cool! My daughter is also celebrating a birthday on this cruise! She'll turn 5 May 12. How old will your daughter be and when is her birthday?
My DD turns 3 on May 11. She is so excited about this trip, she doesn't remember last year except through pictures.
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #563
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
My DD turns 3 on May 11. She is so excited about this trip, she doesn't remember last year except through pictures.
Very cool! Are you doing anything special for her birthday? We ordered a cake but I'm not sure what else we could do. We did note when booking our cruise that it was her birthday. My DD doesn't know about the trip yet. We plan to surprise her the morning of the 10th!
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #564
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
Very cool! Are you doing anything special for her birthday? We ordered a cake but I'm not sure what else we could do. We did note when booking our cruise that it was her birthday. My DD doesn't know about the trip yet. We plan to surprise her the morning of the 10th!
As soon as we get on board, we are going to guest services to get her "it's my birthday" button. We are going to bring some of her smaller gifts to open on her actually birthday, and I'm sure she will have a bigger than normal on board spending account with mommy & daddy ! We didn't order a special cake because she really only likes frosting off cupcakes or ice cream, so I thought I would talk to our server the first night about a special ice cream birthday cake!

I made some special birthday magnets for our cabin door & went with the minnie birthday hat for the port hole this year. I called to see if we could bring balloons, but we can't. So I think maybe some bubbles for her to play with on our balcony or out on deck.

We are also partcipating in the FE gift exchange, so that we be very exciting for her to gifts from others too.

They typically have the princess gathering the first at sea day (which is her bday) so that will be a special birthday treat too. Also, when we pick up the b-day button we are going to get tickets to Tea with Alice.

At WDW we booked the Hollywood Studios breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine. The Disney Jr show has recently added her 2 favorites -Sofia the First & Doc McStuffins.

So it is just a week long birthday for her this year !

That is so cool surprising her, I couldn't keep anything this big for that long ! I think they do something special in the kid's club too, like cake & sing on their birthday but I'm not sure...and I can't bank on DD spending time there until she checks it out and decides it is something she wants to do - i think she will want to, but you just never know. Last year it took until the 5th night of a 5 night cruise to give Minnie & Mickey high 5's!
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #565
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
Very cool! Are you doing anything special for her birthday? We ordered a cake but I'm not sure what else we could do. We did note when booking our cruise that it was her birthday. My DD doesn't know about the trip yet. We plan to surprise her the morning of the 10th!

I'm also making her a special Magical 3rd Birthday pillowcase to drop off at guest services. They return it to you at the end of the week with all the characters signatures.
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #566
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
I'm also making her a special Magical 3rd Birthday pillowcase to drop off at guest services. They return it to you at the end of the week with all the characters signatures.
What's Tea with Alice? Is that onboard or at WDW? We do plan to get her button (also at WDW), decorate the door and are doing the mat to be signed instead of the pillow case.

That'll will be very cool if they celebrate in the kids club too! This whole trip is basically her birthday gift (gift for us too!) which is one of the reasons we haven't told her yet. The other reason is so we don't have to hear every single day.. is it time yet? lol.

The bubbles is a good idea. Do you know if they'll allow those confetti party popper things?
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #567
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
What's Tea with Alice? Is that onboard or at WDW? We do plan to get her button (also at WDW), decorate the door and are doing the mat to be signed instead of the pillow case.

That'll will be very cool if they celebrate in the kids club too! This whole trip is basically her birthday gift (gift for us too!) which is one of the reasons we haven't told her yet. The other reason is so we don't have to hear every single day.. is it time yet? lol.

The bubbles is a good idea. Do you know if they'll allow those confetti party popper things?

Tea with Alice is free on board, but you have to register and get tickets. I think they go quickly, so we are going to get them the first day on board. I have read reviews where they said this was a lot of fun. It is Alice & the Mad Hatter and a tea party - sounds fun to me! I am hoping to have many tea parties in my future.

I think they do allow confetti, but sure about popper things. They have a birthday bash decoration for the cabin you can purchase but it doesn't look like very much for the $.
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #568
GArriola
Mouseketeer
 
GArriola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
Tea with Alice is free on board, but you have to register and get tickets. I think they go quickly, so we are going to get them the first day on board. I have read reviews where they said this was a lot of fun. It is Alice & the Mad Hatter and a tea party - sounds fun to me! I am hoping to have many tea parties in my future.

I think they do allow confetti, but sure about popper things. They have a birthday bash decoration for the cabin you can purchase but it doesn't look like very much for the $.
Thanks for the info! I would've never known! I did see the birthday bash decoration that can be purchased but like you I didn't think it was much for the $. I was reluctant to get the cake, but we can't bring one of those on board so we gave in.
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #569
wajones2
Mouseketeer
 
wajones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
Thanks for the info! I would've never known! I did see the birthday bash decoration that can be purchased but like you I didn't think it was much for the $. I was reluctant to get the cake, but we can't bring one of those on board so we gave in.
I struggled with the cake order decision myself - I even had the cake all picked out. Then my DH points out DD won't touch a cake, only cupcakes and then only to lick the frosting off and throw the cake away! LOL I think she will love a mickey ice cream bar, and some vanilla with sprinkles and a candle for her celebration "cake".
__________________
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #570
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 75

We are also leaning toward the Mickey bar treats for our twins' 5 birthdays on the 15th, and I've read that there is a room service cake of the day to get slices sent to your stateroom. We may do that as well, while my little ones are mainly in it for the frosting too.

As for an official meet, I think that it would be good to plan one for those that would like to stop by and say hello...or "hi y'all" for us Texans (j/k)! I've heard of meeting before the Muster drill in the afternoon of the 1st day, and we've had group members suggest the 1st sea day or after Key West. Plenty of our DIS group prefer not to do FE, though would like to meet, so I'm open to what works best based on others experiences. For us, it's hard to predict how our schedule will go with the 3 little people that make up our Z-pack. I would love for my 9 y.o. DS, the Zander of "Zandersmom" to meet some other kids his age early on in the cruise. He'll need friends to get him through his Minecraft withdrawal!
__________________
Becca
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.