Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #541
cricket8283
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM View Post
Those are not silly questions! There are toiletries in your cabin initially but I've heard they only replenish so often. But I'm positive your stateroom host will give you more. Towels are provided on the ship and on Castaway Cay. They are not as big as normal beach towels but saves you from packing them. The ship sells plastic swords in the store so I don't see why you can't bring them? We bring foam pirate swords I got a few years back. Disney has a foam hook and sword w/sounds on sale for $8.00 Check it out!
Thanks so much!! I'll check out that link. Foam swords didn't even occure to me, seems like a much better option than plastic. The cruise seems so close, but still so far away!
cricket8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #542
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

Just made 1/4 of my FE stuff, I am definitely giving to all rooms, including latecomers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #543
wajones2
Mouseketeer

I also bring my own insulated coffee mug & flavored creamer singles. Helps make disney coffee taste better to me !
Old 04-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #544
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket8283 View Post
Getting our packing list going, and running into some silly questions since this is our first time. Should we bring our own beach towels or is there some aboard? Do they have complimentary toiletries, like shampoo, conditioner, that sort of thing? Any thing we should definitely bring, or leave home to make cruising easier? I read on a post about pirate night we couldn't bring plastic swords for pirate night aboard, is this true or false? Thanks for any help!!
Disney provides very nice H2O products. They give shampoo, conditioner and lotion in nice sized tubes. If you need more, just ask your stateroom host. We were given a bunch of extra ones on both of our previous cruises.

Some people don't like the hair dryers in the cabins and bring their own. I think the hair dryers are just fine, so not bringing one will save luggage space.

I bought a bottle of SPF 70 sunscreen today and already have it packed. That's one item I suspect we will use a lot on this cruise!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #545
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Always had plenty of health products. They always were more than willing to give us more.

One of our carry ons was these -

Great for picking up sodas. The cups they give aren't all that big and the lids on these stay on better. Also keeps things fairly cool. One person on another cruise said they made for great floats. Hit the soda, ice cream station and you're golden.

We already have our formal, my kilt kit and Amy as a couple dresses ready.

Can't wait for MICKEY BARS!!!! Amy loves them with sprinkles. Gets them at every meal. One of those things that aren't on them menu but can get every time. If you didn't know they aren't on the room service menu but available if you ask for them.

Anyone know how the shows go? They had a different one each night but I didn't know if they have 7 if you figure they won't have one for Disney night.

What are every ones plans for WDW? We are planning for Animal Kingdom and, if there is time, some time in Hollywood. Been to WDW 3 times and still hadn't gotten over to Animal Kingdom.

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 3, Next - TBD DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #546
GArriola
Mouseketeer

FE Question (again)

ok here's another silly question. We're late entries for the FE exchange and so we've opted to do just kids. DH (first time i've used that acronymn!) and I figured this is really all about our DD (also a first). Is it weird to have a fish extender with just one pocket? I may as well just hang a bag up there right? lol
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #547
disjest8
Proud Parent of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
ok here's another silly question. We're late entries for the FE exchange and so we've opted to do just kids. DH (first time i've used that acronymn!) and I figured this is really all about our DD (also a first). Is it weird to have a fish extender with just one pocket? I may as well just hang a bag up there right? lol
I've seen FE's of every kind, even a single plastic bag, so an FE with one pocket should be just fine.

What I've learned is that it's important to label the gifts I'm handing out very specifically. I failed to do that last time and got confused by the one pocket FE's. This time, I have everything labeled and I'll be bringing my spreadsheet with me.

Mar 2013 - DCL Wonder and DCL Dream/May 2013 - DCL Magic
Mar 2012 - Freedom of the Seas/Sep 2012 - BLT, BCV,Oasis of the Seas
Mar 2011 - OKW,Carnival Dream
Feb 2010 - Pop Century and Freedom of the Seas
Mar 2009 - Independence of the Seas/Sep 2009 - BCV,Carnival Legend
Feb 2008 - Navigator of the Seas/Sep 2008 - Pop Century and DCL Wonder
Mar 2007 - SSR,DCL Wonder/Sep 2007 - AKV & DCL Magic Western/Nov 2007 - Shades of Green
Apr 2006 - Orbit One/Nov 2006 - BCV,BWV,DCL Wonder
Jan 2005 - Cypress Pointe Grand Villas/Sep 2005 - BCV,OKW,DCL Wonder
disjest8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #548
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjest8 View Post
I've seen FE's of every kind, even a single plastic bag, so an FE with one pocket should be just fine.

What I've learned is that it's important to label the gifts I'm handing out very specifically. I failed to do that last time and got confused by the one pocket FE's. This time, I have everything labeled and I'll be bringing my spreadsheet with me.
Awesome, thanks! And great tip about printing the spreadsheet and labeling.
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #549
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
We are going to Disney on Ice 4/27 - what a wonderful way to help build the excitement!

I'm on another board for a cruise we are taking after this one & they had a thread to share helpful cruise ideas. I thought I would consolidate some of things we have did last time that worked really well for us:

Collapsible Laundry Hamper from the dollar tree - keeps all dirty clothes in one place & easy to tote if you have to do laundry during the cruise (which I by the way found almost painless on our last cruise)

Over the door shoe bag (clear) - great way to keep all toiletries off the bathroom vanity and easily find what you need - also lets you keep things up have from LO's reach as needed.

Sponges cut into 1/4s and put dish soap on them, then allow to dry. This is a great way to keep sippy cups or anything else clean on the go (airports) or in the cabin.

Anyone else have ideas to share?
We're doing Disney on Ice April 20th! Those are great ideas! Here are some other things that I always bring/do:

$2 bills for room service. That way I don't have so many ones. You can charge it but my boys love to tip for room service. You can get cash on the ship with a personal check but only a $100. You won't need cash other than room service or if you want to add more for gratuities at the end of the cruise.

Magnetic clips to hold various items but mostly the Personal Navigators so they can be found easily. The clips can keep the curtains closed on your porthole or verandah.

Highlighters to mark what we cannot miss on the Personal Navigators.

Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets

Air freshener for the cabin

Mickey and Minnie foam soap. I don't like the bar soap (too messy)

Extension cord and extra outlets for the desk to keep the wave phone charged, camera battery, and various electronics.

Book light or night light. I like the book light to use as a night light because I can clip it anywhere and it requires no outlets.

An empty collapsible suitcase with wheels to bring home all our FE gifts and purchases.

Okay so my husband is laughing at me because I'm listing things off of my cruise check list. I'm kind of an over packer! I always think what if??? Well that is all for now...
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #550
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Any one decorating their doors? I love going over board.

Milliepie did up on that I will be using -

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...mhMay10-18.jpg

Jim

Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #551
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Any one decorating their doors? I love going over board.

Milliepie did up on that I will be using -

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...mhMay10-18.jpg

Jim
This is awesome will u let us print it?
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #552
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

It is Milliepie's design and as long as they are for personal use we are free to print them up.

Details are found here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post48108272

Jim

Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #553
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
It is Milliepie's design and as long as they are for personal use we are free to print them up.

Details are found here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post48108272

Jim
Thanks you r great
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #554
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Just signed up for Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom while at WDW. Amy really loves the back stage animal stuff.

Also signed up for Old Town Trolley Or Conch Train Tour in the Keys. Been on Old Town a few times in my travels and they are normally pretty good at getting you to the main high points when I am in a place for the first time.

Really making those around me jealous. Counting down those days.

Jim

Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #555
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Working on DD's pillowcase design this morning. I love the globe w/mickey ears posted earlier & I'm working it into the design !

Found the most perfect birthday outfit for DD to wear on her birthday during the day this weekend - we spent entirely too much time in the mall. But it did give me a good preview as to how difficult it will be this cruise to keep her in the stroller vs. last year. I have my fingers crossed that it will be more magical for her when we are on the ship...I'm dreaming I know, but don't wake me up! We are still bringing it with us, but also bringing her backpack with leash for those times when we need it for her safety.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: