Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #526
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCGUIRE View Post
Ooo I like that idea.. especially since we unfortunately won't have internet access once we get to the states (silly Canadian phones).
Looking at the rooms - Zandersmom is the one who is literally in the middle of everyone. Would you mind being home base?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #527
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
Looking at the rooms - Zandersmom is the one who is literally in the middle of everyone. Would you mind being home base?
We would be happy to be home base, and we're just around the corner from the kids club which may be convenient for the group. I can hang a FE dry erase board for changes or whatever...I'm on it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #528
Mamajd
Earning My Ears

No stateroom yet and clarification needed...

Hey everyone! We are super excited that we are less than a month away! Just wanted to update that we still don't have our stateroom assignment.

Also, just to clarify if we are in the split group (so, B), we are just supposed to be giving FE gifts to other B's (and the 2 ABs that are in the middle of the B list), right?

Last edited by Mamajd; 04-13-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Mamajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #529
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all!

So many helpful posts.. thanks everyone for the lists, tips and everything else. Only three weekends left!!
GArriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #530
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
We would be happy to be home base, and we're just around the corner from the kids club which may be convenient for the group. I can hang a FE dry erase board for changes or whatever...I'm on it!
Great thank you Becca! So excited...just picked up some wine for the cruise.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #531
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

Yay, thank you Zandersmom!!!!!!

Getting so close.....someone mentioned a group meet.....maybe on Key West day? I think the boat sails early that day.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #532
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM View Post
Great thank you Becca! So excited...just picked up some wine for the cruise.
on the wine pick up! We need to make our "booze plan" Last time we brought one nice bottle and box of Black Box Chardonnay. The box idea worked well, less weight to carry on, bigger volume and its self sealing and Black Box actually tastes good.

Yesterday our family went to Disney Ice, great way to keep the excitement going! At the end of the show, Mickey and Minnie closed it out and my DD waved at shouted "see you on the disney boat!"

I also booked a fantastic dining package yesterday afternoon we're getting closer!!

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #533
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Disney Ice & Cruise Ideas

We are going to Disney on Ice 4/27 - what a wonderful way to help build the excitement!

I'm on another board for a cruise we are taking after this one & they had a thread to share helpful cruise ideas. I thought I would consolidate some of things we have did last time that worked really well for us:

Collapsible Laundry Hamper from the dollar tree - keeps all dirty clothes in one place & easy to tote if you have to do laundry during the cruise (which I by the way found almost painless on our last cruise)

Over the door shoe bag (clear) - great way to keep all toiletries off the bathroom vanity and easily find what you need - also lets you keep things up have from LO's reach as needed.

Sponges cut into 1/4s and put dish soap on them, then allow to dry. This is a great way to keep sippy cups or anything else clean on the go (airports) or in the cabin.

Anyone else have ideas to share?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #534
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post

Sponges cut into 1/4s and put dish soap on them, then allow to dry. This is a great way to keep sippy cups or anything else clean on the go (airports) or in the cabin.

Anyone else have ideas to share?
I do this except with heavy duty paper towels. Works great and takes even less space in the luggage.

We also take our own cups with us (Tervis tumblers in the 24 oz size) to use at the drink stations because the cups they have there are tiny!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #535
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamajd View Post
Also, just to clarify if we are in the split group (so, B), we are just supposed to be giving FE gifts to other B's (and the 2 ABs that are in the middle of the B list), right?
Mamajd, there are actually 11 ABs that you will exchange with...here's a link of your B group-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aNW42QVE#gid=0
Old 04-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #536
Zandersmom

Thanks for all of the tips! I have so much to do--Drink plan, finish FE etc...keep your fingers crossed that my actual Fish Extender from Etsy is completed. I ordered it in January because I didn't want to be worried at the last minute that I'll need to staple ziplock's together!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #537
cricket8283
Earning My Ears

Getting our packing list going, and running into some silly questions since this is our first time. Should we bring our own beach towels or is there some aboard? Do they have complimentary toiletries, like shampoo, conditioner, that sort of thing? Any thing we should definitely bring, or leave home to make cruising easier? I read on a post about pirate night we couldn't bring plastic swords for pirate night aboard, is this true or false? Thanks for any help!!
cricket8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #538
Mamajd
Earning My Ears

Thanks for setting me straight! I THOUGHT I had it all figured out and then sleep deprivation got me second guessing myself! For actual FEs, is it necessary to do the multi-pocket style, or will a big bag work?
Mamajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #539
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket8283 View Post
Getting our packing list going, and running into some silly questions since this is our first time. Should we bring our own beach towels or is there some aboard? Do they have complimentary toiletries, like shampoo, conditioner, that sort of thing? Any thing we should definitely bring, or leave home to make cruising easier? I read on a post about pirate night we couldn't bring plastic swords for pirate night aboard, is this true or false? Thanks for any help!!
Those are not silly questions! There are toiletries in your cabin initially but I've heard they only replenish so often. But I'm positive your stateroom host will give you more. Towels are provided on the ship and on Castaway Cay. They are not as big as normal beach towels but saves you from packing them. The ship sells plastic swords in the store so I don't see why you can't bring them? We bring foam pirate swords I got a few years back. Disney has a foam hook and sword w/sounds on sale for $8.00 http://www.disneystore.com/captain-h...07309/1000395/ Check it out!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #540
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamajd View Post
Thanks for setting me straight! I THOUGHT I had it all figured out and then sleep deprivation got me second guessing myself! For actual FEs, is it necessary to do the multi-pocket style, or will a big bag work?
A big bag will work. If you want something that you can make quick, how about the over the door 4 Pocket Organizer from Bed Bath and Beyond? http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...KU=201549&RN=0

Looks like you can take out the metal hangers then use ribbon to tie the organizer to your Fish outside of your cabin. Decorate with iron on Disney characters, puffy paint, or personalize with iron on letters. Possibilities are endless! Or order one from Ebay or Etsy that is ready made and add personalization. Just check to make sure they can get it to you in time for the cruise. I had done last minute pillow cases for autographs once and she shipped them to me priority mail.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: