Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #511
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Well, we went through several choices and had choices made for us but finally got our next cruise!

We will be there 4 weeks from today. Maybe not bright eyed and bushy tailed after the early morning drive from Dallas but we will be ready!

Just disappointed that we weren't able to get everything going in time for the FE. We did it on our last two and loved it.

This will be Amy and my third cruise. First one was aboard the Magic last year for a five day Bahamas where we lost Key West due to weather, spent our time in Nassau at Atlantis for the Ultimate Trainer and enjoyed a nice walk of Castaway Cay followed by enjoying an empty ship. Second one was this past Valentine's Day (with the in-laws so not as romantic as I would have hoped) 3 day to the Bahamas where we got to do some shopping in Nassau (enjoyed but now we've been there done that, time for something new) and got rained out at Castaway Cay.

Really looking forward to Key West, formal night (got the kilt ready!) and WDW. We've always missed Animal Kingdom and this time that is our mission. We will also be celebrating our 18th Anniversary on this cruise.

Haven't had time to go through all the posts yet but are we having a meet?

Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 3, Next - TBD DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #512
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
I have another newbie question. I've read that depending on the length of the cruise, some cruises include a formal night. I'm guessing since our cruise is an 8 night cruise, it's likely we'll have one. Do we really have to wear tuxedos and gowns? Or is suit & tie and a cocktail dress enough?
There is a formal night and semi-formal night. Suit & tie and cocktail dress is totally fine. Some cruisers just go casual. Palo does enforce their dress code so if your dining there, then you'll be set for formal or semi- formal night. Try to do Palo brunch or dinner if you haven't already booked dining. So yummy!!! The main characters will be in their formal outfits too. It's a great photo opportunity for the kids and adults that are dressing up. I always bring tuxedos for my boys. I bought them "new" on ebay for less than $20 each. Once my husband rented a tuxedo so we have a family picture of all of us dressed up with Mickey Mouse! Also there will be professional photographers that will take pictures with a curtain of the Magic in the background.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #513
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post

Just disappointed that we weren't able to get everything going in time for the FE. We did it on our last two and loved it.

Jim
Hi Jim! Welcome aboard! If you're still interested in joining the FE, there is a late entry list that was just started a few days ago posted by SapphireMind. Check out the link and click on "Late entries".

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

Last edited by LoveMM; 04-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.
LoveMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #514
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Ready for Vacay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
...anyone else ready for a vacation?!
Yes, Becca! I too am ready for a vacation, but still have to complete next year's budget, plus a Gala fundraising dinner, plus another appeal fundraiser at work before sailing away on the Magic on May 10th.

I hope my head doesn't explode from all the steam coming out of my ears before we sail away

Looking forward to having fun with y'all in only 28 more days!

--Mouse Junkie Adam

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #515
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Magic in Galveston

This will be where we all are going to be in 28 Days!!!!

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #516
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

Cannot wait! This weekend I actually have two days off in a row and we will be working on our FE, FE gifts and my DDs formal gown.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #517
cricket8283
Earning My Ears

Talking

Working on our fE gifts this weekend too. I'm so excited. DS and DD are still in the dark about the cruise. They think we are helping a friend of mine plan a Disney party.. DD has a friend with a very talented grandma that is outfitting her with Merida's dresses, and borrowing a few other princess dresses from her as well. Started paying attention to the countdown now that we are less than 30 days away. Hoping to keep the secret from the kids, but I'm getting ready to burst with excitement!
cricket8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #518
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
Cannot wait! This weekend I actually have two days off in a row and we will be working on our FE, FE gifts and my DDs formal gown.
Thanks so much for setting up the Late Entry group! The browser I was using wasn't allowing me to see the tabs at the bottom, but now I've got it... have a great weekend!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #519
Zandersmom

Split B Addition

Hello Friends! kglynnk would like to do whole group exchange, so that update has been made to the FE list. I hope that this addition doesn't cause anyone in Split B big problems, though if so, just do what you can and let's not worry because we'll be sailing in 4 weeks...Hooray!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #520
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello Friends! kglynnk would like to do whole group exchange, so that update has been made to the FE list. I hope that this addition doesn't cause anyone in Split B big problems, though if so, just do what you can and let's not worry because we'll be sailing in 4 weeks...Hooray!
Hi Becca,

Have we figured out what we're doing if someone has a stateroom change at the port? Not sure if it was mentioned yet?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #521
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM View Post
Hi Becca,

Have we figured out what we're doing if someone has a stateroom change at the port? Not sure if it was mentioned yet?
I was thinking that we could plan to check on this disboards thread, day 1, so see if there are any changes while we all have access on our smart phones. If anyone has a better plan from prior experience, I'm open
Old 04-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #522
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was thinking that we could plan to check on this disboards thread, day 1, so see if there are any changes while we all have access on our smart phones. If anyone has a better plan from prior experience, I'm open
I think that is a great idea! Just have to make sure if your cabin number changes Day 1, that you log on and update before we leave the port !

Just got our our FE and tried to explain to DD how it works, but she ran off to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

Got part of FE gifts finished at work this week, but still have to pick up a few more things this weekend.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #523
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Anyone book the low gt rates and get a cabin assigned yet?
Not yet, anxiously waiting. Looks like a couple of more weeks based on recent experience from other cruisers.

The anticipation is killing me, but worth saving $1,000+!
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #524
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
On past cruises, we had a designated cabin that had a wipe off board or sheet to note any cabin changes. Cruisers can check for cabin changes or if already out delivering gifts and there is not an FE pocket hanging, then they can go to the designated cabin to get the correct cabin number. Make sense?
Old 04-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #525
BMCGUIRE
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM

On past cruises, we had a designated cabin that had a wipe off board or sheet to note any cabin changes. Cruisers can check for cabin changes or if already out delivering gifts and there is not an FE pocket hanging, then they can go to the designated cabin to get the correct cabin number. Make sense?
Ooo I like that idea.. especially since we unfortunately won't have internet access once we get to the states (silly Canadian phones).
BMCGUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: