Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #406
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post

I'm not sure which hotel Disney uses near HOU, if any. On our last cruise, we just took the motel shuttle back to the airport in the morning and caught the Disney shuttle from HOU.
Thanks! We'll plan on doing that unless we hear otherwise.
DanReviewsCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #407
s232271
Mouseketeer

Dd u see the new IGT rate wish I could have done that.....
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #408
golfpccc
Earning My Ears

Hi, we just booked this cruise, our first Disney. We will probably be the only old people on the ship without kids or grandkids...lol. Hope we have dinner seating with several other childless couples, love to meet others and have great dinner conversations.

Trying to figure out how everything works! Have signed up for the 7:15 bus to Epcot--question--do you need to sign up for a returning bus? If so, how? Will we receive our luggage tags in the mail? Should we reserve rafts/inner tubes, snorkeling equipment etc for CC on line or can this be done once on the island for the same price? We are experienced cruisers, but for some reason, this feels like our first cruise and seem to have lots of questions.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
golfpccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #409
traylork
Earning My Ears

Yes, you'll get luggage tags in the mail; no, I don't think you can reserve the items listed from CC in advance.

I just fooled around to see if there are many cabins remaining. There appear to be, at the moment, but I noticed that the boat has reached capacity for children under three (unintentionally, but i included my own party's ages in my search and it said sold out; when i changed the ages of my children to four, cabins magically appeared). Makes sense, since they don't have attendance requirements in Pre-K. But, I did find it very peculiar that they have cut off bookings including babies - I didn't realize they did that. Looks like the splash pad in Mickey's ear will be crowded!
traylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #410
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

FE status

Just a couple things regarding the FE list-

First, it seems like we can maximize everyone's happiness with the exchange by splitting the group for those who desire a smaller number, while encouraging anyone who would like to be a part of the entire FE group to remain on both lists. That being said, I think that it could potentially be several more than 17 rooms in each group. Who knows, maybe many of us don't mind a large exchange and it would be 24 & 24... If possible, I will begin to work on the modified lists tomorrow. Unless you commented in the past day or so on this topic, please PM me or email becca.zpack@gmail.com.

Also, it was brought to my attention that the far right column of comments did not sort correctly when I ran the auto-sort feature Sunday evening. I apologize that and will try to accurately reconstruct that column based on old emails and posts. If you want to help out by reminding me of your allergies and "FE kids only" preferences, that would be terrific. Sorry about that mixup!

Thanks for your patience while I get the list straightened out and I appreciate your input!

Wish we were sailing this month, though it will be here before we know it!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #411
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Hobby to Galveston - Issues

Called Disney to book our shuttle tonight, and were informed that Disney is no longer offering this service from HOU - only IAH.

We called Enterprise about a one-way rental, and they said the Galveston branch isn't accepting them at this time.

Taxi/ExecuCar is $110 each way (plus tip).

Does anyone have ideas for a cost-efficient means of transport from HOU to the cruise terminal??
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #412
Zandersmom

Question FE list poll to create hybrid split lists

Believe me, I'm also getting tired of my FE related posts, and look forward to getting to the fun part--our cruise!

I have attempted to create a poll to help reformat our list into 2 lists. Please feel free to choose whatever option suits you best--exchanging with everyone, or exchanging with about half of the group. The half group option will increase to accommodate anyone who would like to participate with our total group. Clear as mud?....Great! I have set the poll to close in 4 days to be sure that everyone has time to consider the best option for them. Please find the link below and thanks for your input!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3090219
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #413
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanReviewsCars View Post
Called Disney to book our shuttle tonight, and were informed that Disney is no longer offering this service from HOU - only IAH.

We called Enterprise about a one-way rental, and they said the Galveston branch isn't accepting them at this time.

Does anyone have ideas for a cost-efficient means of transport from HOU to the cruise terminal??
This is probably a really dumb suggestion, but I wonder how much it would cost to taxi or rent one way to go from Hobby to IAH? It's not very logical but could be cheaper??? It was a really, really long day at work, so please disregard if I've gone off the deep end...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #414
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
This is probably a really dumb suggestion, but I wonder how much it would cost to taxi or rent one way to go from Hobby to IAH? It's not very logical but could be cheaper??? It was a really, really long day at work, so please disregard if I've gone off the deep end...
No, that's not a crazy suggestion at all! Thanks for the idea.

We looked into it, and it'd still be cheaper to do an ExecuCar ($220 r/t vs. $180 + 2x taxi fares).

Ugh. We're ready to find friends down there and just pay them to take us. Problem is, it's on a Friday, and most people work.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #415
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

If we had a bigger car, we'd help out! HOU is on the way to galveston. IAH isn't.

hmm...I can't think of any better options unfortunately.
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #416
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanReviewsCars View Post

Sounds like Disney is giving conflicting information about the HOU shuttles. When we booked the cruise less than 2 weeks ago, I had our TA ask Disney about shuttles. She was told that Disney would operate HOU shuttles through May 15. (We are flying into HOU but out of IAH.) I planned to call our TA tomorrow to have her book the shuttles, so we'll see what information she gets.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #417
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Sounds like Disney is giving conflicting information about the HOU shuttles. When we booked the cruise less than 2 weeks ago, I had our TA ask Disney about shuttles. She was told that Disney would operate HOU shuttles through May 15. (We are flying into HOU but out of IAH.) I planned to call our TA tomorrow to have her book the shuttles, so we'll see what information she gets.
Thanks. Our TA also told us it was available, but when we contacted Disney directly, they told us it wasn't.

Keep us posted on what your TA reports back tomorrow. Thank you for your help!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #418
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Believe me, I'm also getting tired of my FE related posts, and look forward to getting to the fun part--our cruise!

I have attempted to create a poll to help reformat our list into 2 lists. Please feel free to choose whatever option suits you best--exchanging with everyone, or exchanging with about half of the group. The half group option will increase to accommodate anyone who would like to participate with our total group. Clear as mud?....Great! I have set the poll to close in 4 days to be sure that everyone has time to consider the best option for them. Please find the link below and thanks for your input!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3090219
Thank you Becca for organizing the FE!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #419
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If the shuttle stops May 15, call and try to book one-way from HOU to the cruise terminal. It could be trying to book round trip is returning the "not available" to the Disney CM. Doesn't solve getting you back, but you might meet someone on board with a car big enough to drop you off !
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #420
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylork View Post
Yes, you'll get luggage tags in the mail; no, I don't think you can reserve the items listed from CC in advance.

I just fooled around to see if there are many cabins remaining. There appear to be, at the moment, but I noticed that the boat has reached capacity for children under three (unintentionally, but i included my own party's ages in my search and it said sold out; when i changed the ages of my children to four, cabins magically appeared). Makes sense, since they don't have attendance requirements in Pre-K. But, I did find it very peculiar that they have cut off bookings including babies - I didn't realize they did that. Looks like the splash pad in Mickey's ear will be crowded!
I believe Disney has a limit on the number of kids within each each group. This is to help control number in the nursery & kids club. Our DD will be 2 for less than 24 hours of this cruise & there appears to still be plenty of availability for booking the nursery.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: