Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #391
j2o
Earning My Ears

We would be fine too, if the group split.

Thanks!
j2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #392
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryears View Post
Can anyone tell me how the dinner seating goes..... I am trying to decide if I want to request a family size table to avoid sitting with strangers. I know part of the DCL experience is meeting new people and all but we once had a very bad experience as Disney's Epcot's Beirgraden, (we were sat with a family who argued with each other and treated each other very poorly the entire time). So afraid of this happening again, and to think then you sit with them your entire vacation. Does Disney try to match singles with singles. Those with smaller kids with other families with smaller kids and so on.... Getting anxiety about this. What if we get stuck with people who just arent polite, or what if we don't get the chance to meet and converse with other families because we choose to seclude ourselves? Can anybody help?
Disney does an amazing job matching the tablemates! On our first cruise last year, it was me and DS 24 cruising. I thought there was no way there would be other groups like us. Wrong! Disney seated us with two other couples, each traveling with a son the age of mine. We had a great time!

Second cruise, it was me, DH and DD 28. Again, how can Disney match that? We were seated with a lady cruising with her daughter same age as ours, along with the lady's sister. Logistically it was a good match, but we didn't have a lot in common so dining wasn't as fun as on our first cruise.

I've requested a table for just the 3 of us this time. We won't be bothered if we don't get it, though, because Disney does try to find compatible groups for dining.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014

Last edited by Luv2Diz; 04-02-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #393
NWR
Earning My Ears

items for kids only? or adults too?

Will FE items be given to children only? Or do you bring something for the adults too? We only need our kiddos to receive things (not the grown ups), but wanted to make sure to understand how it all works. Thanks!
NWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #394
wajones2
Mouseketeer

FE List

I'm good with splitting the list too. Is the list open all this week, or is today the deadline?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #395
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
I'm good with splitting the list too. Is the list open all this week, or is today the deadline?
Today is the last day, so we should be close to our current total of 34 rooms. As for splitting, I'm okay with whatever the majority wants. I've already ordered for all 34 rooms, and will probably give to everyone anyway. I have heard that large groups are fun, though I understand about travel space concerns. I have also heard that sometimes groups will split in half, and some people participate in both groups, if they've already created or shopped, whichever the case may be. Let's finish the day and I can try to set up a poll with different options.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #396
Luv2Diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
I have also heard that sometimes groups will split in half, and some people participate in both groups,
This is how our group did the FE on our last cruise. It was nice to have the option for those who wanted to participate with the whole group, and others who felt that half the group was more manageable. I think it worked well!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #397
mickeydavis
Earning My Ears

I was looking at movies coming out. I think Iron Man 3 will be showing on our cruise as it opens May 3rd. Super excited!
mickeydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #398
csoutherl
Earning My Ears

We are ok with the big group for the FE. I also have already purchased items for the majority of the group size.

I suppose it depends on if you are going one "gift" per stateroom or if you are planning on one per person in the room.
csoutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #399
Luv2Diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR View Post
Will FE items be given to children only? Or do you bring something for the adults too? We only need our kiddos to receive things (not the grown ups), but wanted to make sure to understand how it all works. Thanks!
As a rule, every cabin who signs up for the FE should expect to both give and receive gifts. I think there are 3 cabins on the list who have adults only. We will all be giving gifts and shouldn't be excluded from receiving gifts because our kids are "adults." We are all kids at heart, especially on a Disney cruise!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #400
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

I'd be fine with splitting the group, not sure if we'd still bring stuff for everyone.....probably, knowing me and my tendency to overdo things
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #401
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryears View Post
Can anyone tell me how the dinner seating goes..... I am trying to decide if I want to request a family size table to avoid sitting with strangers. I know part of the DCL experience is meeting new people and all but we once had a very bad experience as Disney's Epcot's Beirgraden, (we were sat with a family who argued with each other and treated each other very poorly the entire time). So afraid of this happening again, and to think then you sit with them your entire vacation. Does Disney try to match singles with singles. Those with smaller kids with other families with smaller kids and so on.... Getting anxiety about this. What if we get stuck with people who just aren’t polite, or what if we don't get the chance to meet and converse with other families because we choose to seclude ourselves? Can anybody help?
I echo some of the prior comments -- Disney uses their magic to match you with families of similar age demographics. Though we didn't have tons in common with the family (ie didn't search each other out during the cruise), the kids enjoyed having someone else at the table their age, and it was nice to have some adult conversation -- there is plenty of family-only time the rest of the trip.

I didn't know how I would like sitting with others, but in the end I am glad that I did that and when asked this time around by reservations, I told them to sit me at a larger table.

If you have a miserable experience with the table seating, the Head Server was always willing to make accommodations. Disney wants you to have a magical time, not a miserable one.

I am already thinking about those Mickey Ice Cream bars -- who says those are just for kids?
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #402
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Wow! Our FE List has grown to nearly 100 staterooms! You can find the updated list through this link- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
Just kidding! That's probably my one and only April Fool's joke...couldn't resist!

I appreciate everyone helping to keep me on track with the updates. Though I'm more of an old-school excel kind of gal, I took a stab at formatting our google doc a bit to help organize for delivery routes. Since I didn't hear back from the majority of the group to confirm the accuracy of the list, I'm hoping that y'all will let me know if there's a problem. Please let me know about any changes, and I will do my best to be prompt with corrections.

The excitement on the board has been contagious, and I can hardly wait for our amazing cruise! Take care-
Becca- you got me! I almost fell outta my chair! Happy April everyone!

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #403
MissAverysMomma
Earning My Ears

I emailed this info, but it doesn't seem to be updated on the list. Our stateroom is 7564. 2 adults - Roger and Jennie; Princess Avery - 4.5 years old, and Prince Austin - 3 years old.

Splitting is fine with me too. We are so excited!

Disney Dream - July 2011
Disney Magic - May 2013
MissAverysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #404
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Does anyone happen to know what hotel Disney uses near HOU for shuttle pickup?

We're wanting to take the Disney bus to Galveston, but want to book our hotel with Hotels.com award points.

Thanks!!
DanReviewsCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #405
Luv2Diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanReviewsCars View Post
Does anyone happen to know what hotel Disney uses near HOU for shuttle pickup?

We're wanting to take the Disney bus to Galveston, but want to book our hotel with Hotels.com award points.

Thanks!!
I'm not sure which hotel Disney uses near HOU, if any. On our last cruise, we just took the motel shuttle back to the airport in the morning and caught the Disney shuttle from HOU.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: