Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #376
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

Our family signed up for this cruise when on board the Magic in December. We had some issues to short out with my son's school (TX has very strict attendance rules) and we were afraid we were gonna have to cancel but YAY the school has agreed to let him miss the 6 days of kindergarten !

We are super excited and spent the afternoon making a countdown calendar. Looking forward to sailing with you all!

We'd like to participate in the FE.

Gennie 33
Mike 37
Mikey 6
Lily 4

Stateroom 6116
No food allergies

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #377
denamo
Mouseketeer

We received our cruise docs on Friday. Had a busy Easter weekend, and unable to post here until now. Looks like we are in good company with all who have also received yours. One more step to make the cruise to begin to feel real.

I really like getting the booklet in the mail. We've only cruised on Royal Caribbean and some time ago they quit sending the booklets. They have made the cruise docs to be electronic documents. As cruisers, you have to download them from the web and print them yourself. I don't usually print much of it out since it has all of the fine cruise contract print.

We will drive up to Galveston on Thursday and be ready to hop on board on Friday, May 10!
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #378
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post

Just curious if your DS will be 3 before sailing or while on board. Our DD turns 3 our first @ Sea day. We plan to register her for kid's club on board since we can't do it pre-cruise because her age is officially still 2 for this cruise. I have no clue how much time she will want to spend in the club. I have read various reviews from didn't want to stay to wanted to spend as much time as possible & cried when picked up ! DD's phases change quickly, so in 40 days I have no clue what to expect.
He's turning 3 on April 22. We showed him videos of the kids' club and he loved it.

That will be so cool to celebrate her 3rd on the cruise!!
DanReviewsCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #379
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Post FE List Update and last day to join 4/1!

Wow! Our FE List has grown to nearly 100 staterooms! You can find the updated list through this link- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
Just kidding! That's probably my one and only April Fool's joke...couldn't resist!

I appreciate everyone helping to keep me on track with the updates. Though I'm more of an old-school excel kind of gal, I took a stab at formatting our google doc a bit to help organize for delivery routes. Since I didn't hear back from the majority of the group to confirm the accuracy of the list, I'm hoping that y'all will let me know if there's a problem. Please let me know about any changes, and I will do my best to be prompt with corrections.

The excitement on the board has been contagious, and I can hardly wait for our amazing cruise! Take care-
Old 04-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #380
cricket8283
Earning My Ears

Hi all,
So excited to be joining, I signed us up two days ago and cannot wait to start our vacation! This will be our first time cruising, my son 7, and daughter 5, are being surprised day of trip. They've been asking to "go see the characters" for a while now. So being our first time cruising, and first Disney experience all around, I have a very silly question. Is entrance into the parks included or not? I was looking at the activity page and saw a VIP tour for 2something and another for 3something, then transportation free. In the transportation descriptions it says for people wanting to tour the parks on their own, but I dont see where to get the park tickets. Please clear this up for me
Thanks!
cricket8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #381
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket8283 View Post
Hi all,
So excited to be joining, I signed us up two days ago and cannot wait to start our vacation! This will be our first time cruising, my son 7, and daughter 5, are being surprised day of trip. They've been asking to "go see the characters" for a while now. So being our first time cruising, and first Disney experience all around, I have a very silly question. Is entrance into the parks included or not? I was looking at the activity page and saw a VIP tour for 2something and another for 3something, then transportation free. In the transportation descriptions it says for people wanting to tour the parks on their own, but I dont see where to get the park tickets. Please clear this up for me
Thanks!
Hi - Welcome aboard. Included is a 1 day park hopper ticket to WDW & complimentary transportation. The transportation must be booked like an excursion, but you should see a complimentary option for all 4 parks. Your cruise key card will be your park ticket!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #382
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanReviewsCars View Post
He's turning 3 on April 22. We showed him videos of the kids' club and he loved it.

That will be so cool to celebrate her 3rd on the cruise!!
I know we can't imagine a better birthday! Whenever we talk about vacation, she says "but I'm not 3 yet"...it is so cute. We have watched the Magic sail away only once on the cruise cam and she was saying hey, wait come back, stop, you forgot me !
Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #383
militaryears
Earning My Ears

Excitement is building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Wow! Our FE List has grown to nearly 100 staterooms! You can find the updated list through this link- Just kidding! That's probably my one and only April Fool's joke...couldn't resist!

I appreciate everyone helping to keep me on track with the updates. Though I'm more of an old-school excel kind of gal, I took a stab at formatting our google doc a bit to help organize for delivery routes. Since I didn't hear back from the majority of the group to confirm the accuracy of the list, I'm hoping that y'all will let me know if there's a problem. Please let me know about any changes, and I will do my best to be prompt with corrections.

The excitement on the board has been contagious, and I can hardly wait for our amazing cruise! Take care-

Good one (RLOL), I was OMGing because I just placed an order online for a count of 100 items for and FE. I know it is not that important, but just in case something is personalized can you change the spelling of my daughter’s name to Cheyenne.

We received our cruise booklet as well, and my kids were so surprised with an Easter morning phone call from Mickey and Goofy woke them up informing them that they were going on a cruise.

They looked confused when they hung up their phones not sure what was going on, but when they opened their envelops with Disney gift cards and the reservation information they were so surprised and excited.

I am finally able to share my excitement with my kids now, it has been so hard trying to keep it from them.

My kids have had a rough year with their Daddy deployed for the last year and now currently stationed 7hrs away from home. Looking forward to some very much needed R&R time as a family.

Can't wait to meet some of my fellow cruisers.

Can anyone tell me how the dinner seating goes..... I am trying to decide if I want to request a family size table to avoid sitting with strangers. I know part of the DCL experience is meeting new people and all but we once had a very bad experience as Disney's Epcot's Beirgraden, (we were sat with a family who argued with each other and treated each other very poorly the entire time). So afraid of this happening again, and to think then you sit with them your entire vacation. Does Disney try to match singles with singles. Those with smaller kids with other families with smaller kids and so on.... Getting anxiety about this. What if we get stuck with people who just aren’t polite, or what if we don't get the chance to meet and converse with other families because we choose to seclude ourselves? Can anybody help?
militaryears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #384
Crchapm
Earning My Ears

Hi Becca. I had emailed you last week, but didn't see our info on the FE spreadsheet. Just in case here is the info again. Thanks.

Stateroom 8590

Steven(29)
Chantel(29)
Eric(17months at time of cruise)

No allergies
Crchapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #385
Icats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryears View Post
Can anyone tell me how the dinner seating goes..... I am trying to decide if I want to request a family size table to avoid sitting with strangers. I know part of the DCL experience is meeting new people and all but we once had a very bad experience as Disney's Epcot's Beirgraden, (we were sat with a family who argued with each other and treated each other very poorly the entire time). So afraid of this happening again, and to think then you sit with them your entire vacation. Does Disney try to match singles with singles. Those with smaller kids with other families with smaller kids and so on.... Getting anxiety about this. What if we get stuck with people who just aren’t polite, or what if we don't get the chance to meet and converse with other families because we choose to seclude ourselves? Can anybody help?
Our first Disney cruise, we were on our honeymoon and seated with other adults without children. Our second cruise, we had our daughter who had just turned 4. We were seated with a family of 5 who had a daughter that was close in age to ours (plus an older daugther and younger son). If they stick you with people you really don't like, I think you can ask to be moved.
Icats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #386
cricket8283
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!! That clarification made me even more excited...if that's even possible! Counting down, it's getting harder to keep it a secret from the kiddos! :D
cricket8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #387
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crchapm View Post
Hi Becca. I had emailed you last week, but didn't see our info on the FE spreadsheet. Just in case here is the info again. Thanks.

Stateroom 8590

Steven(29)
Chantel(29)
Eric(17months at time of cruise)

No allergies
Thank you for checking back! I apologize that your info and another's from last week had not saved correctly when I added it, though you are all fixed now.

Militaryears-thanks for the correction of Cheyenne's name spelling!

MissAverysMomma-If you're out there, I need your stateroom number and son's name.
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #388
thorpedo1015
Earning My Ears

Zandersmom,

Do you think we will end up splitting up the FE? It looks like as of now we have 61 kids and 57 adults. That is 118 people. I know some of the adults do not want anything, just for the kids, but seems like a lot of people to bring stuff for.
When we went on the Magic in September we broke it up to 10 staterooms per group and seemed to work out well.

Just curious what everybody's thought was.

Thanks, and cant wait for the cruise.
Art of Animation (2013-Wine and Dine Half Marathon)
Polynesian (2014-Wine and Dine Half Marathon)
thorpedo1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #389
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpedo1015 View Post
Zandersmom,

Do you think we will end up splitting up the FE? It looks like as of now we have 61 kids and 57 adults. That is 118 people. I know some of the adults do not want anything, just for the kids, but seems like a lot of people to bring stuff for.
When we went on the Magic in September we broke it up to 10 staterooms per group and seemed to work out well.

This is why I never signed up I was afraid of those numbers!!
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #390
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpedo1015 View Post
Zandersmom,

I was wondering about splitting too.....34 cabins and 118 people is a lot! We are flying from the west coast and have limited luggage space. I would be good with splitting the group in half. I've finally come up with an idea for our FE gifts that I think our fellow cruisers will like. It will be a lot easier to make/pack for 17 cabins instead of 34!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: