Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #361
Icats
Mouseketeer

We got ours, too! I let out a little squeal of excitement when I saw it! Then I showed my daughter the book and she started to walk off with it... told her she could look at it, but couldn't keep it.

So excited!
Icats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #362
wajones2
Mouseketeer

I had to hide our book. Anything with Mickey on the cover winds up in DDs stash of books & I would be lucky to ever see it again.

Yucky, raining Easter weekend here. So dreaming about our cruise today.
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #363
DanReviewsCars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
I had to hide our book. Anything with Mickey on the cover winds up in DDs stash of books & I would be lucky to ever see it again.

Yucky, raining Easter weekend here. So dreaming about our cruise today.

Ha! We'd have to do the same thing. Showed DS a few YouTube vids of the Disney Magic, and he freaked. "Mickey Mouse boat! Mickey Mouse boat!"

Can't wait
DanReviewsCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #364
Icats
Mouseketeer

As soon as my daughter was done looking at the book, I took it and put it with the rest of my vacation information before she could think about writing in it (or worse).

We went to the Kemah Boardwalk for an Easter egg hunt today. I kept referring to the employees as cast members and called the Boardwalk FantaSea the Disney FantaSea. Lol! Yeah... I think I'm ready for this vacation!
Icats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #365
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Hello Friends! I have updated the FE list with all of the requests of which I am aware. If I missed you, please let me know...it was a busy week! We are up to 28 staterooms for our Fish Extender exchange, with the last day to sign up is April 1st. It should be great fun! We are getting pretty large, yet I don't think that we have enough to consider splitting. Let's see what happens this last week, if that's okay with everyone. I am no FE expert, though greatly looking forward to our fun cruise.
Here is the link to our current FE list-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
I have highlighted each of our staterooms. Please check your stateroom(s) for accuracy and let me know if it looks okay or needs revision. You can pm me or email to becca.zpack@gmail.com. Work and family is keeping me pretty busy lately, so I may have a short delay in responding to messages. I apologize in advance and look forward to lots relaxation and fun in May.

Cheers!
We decided to join the FE group since we enjoyed participating on our last cruise. We are a group of 3 adults. I've sent an email to your gmail address with our info. Thanks!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #366
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

No booklet for us today

Not on the FE group yet >.> <.< I originally was going to just do my DD, but I may participate too. Why not?

Still looking for suggestions/ideas/guidelines on what to give for FEs. This is our first time doing it!
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #367
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
does anyone know during regular hours what ages I can expect to be in the club with my just turned 3 year old?

Also, do you know if they counselors try to keep the really young ones separated in different area with different activities?

Thanks!
When we went last October with our boys (3 & 4), the Oceaneer's Club was perfect for them. The bigger kids were in the Lab, and there were plenty of activities and choices for the littler ones in the Club. Storytime, computers, movie, visits from Characters (Mickey Mouse came and inducted all of the kids into the Mickey Mouse Club).

The counselors do a great job remembering the kids, and the highlight was the show the kids put on during their last day. You get to sit in one of the theaters and watch your little one on stage singing, etc. They get a t-shirt to remember this by, and you get a lifetime of memories. This wasn't published anywhere, but thankfully one of the counselors told us about this and we made sure to have the boys in the Club that day.
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #368
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

We joined this great group and pulled the trigger on a VGT rate. We had great luck in our Oct cruise (had a 5C room assigned), and are praying we are blessed with a great room this time too!

May 10 can't get here soon enough!

Time to start hitting the Disney outlets and stocking up on shirts, PJs, and new water bottles. It is nice that Houston has 2 Disney Outlets, including the one on the way to Galveston (Tanger http://www.tangeroutlet.com/houston/directions).

The boys (3 & 4) are already asking if we leave tomorrow for the cruise...Their excitement is worth the investment already.
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #369
disjest8
Proud Parent of 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
No booklet for us today

Not on the FE group yet >.> <.< I originally was going to just do my DD, but I may participate too. Why not?

Still looking for suggestions/ideas/guidelines on what to give for FEs. This is our first time doing it!
I'm sure Becca will get you added to the FE as long as you PMd or emailed her.

I've only participated in one prior FE, but I found good ideas in a couple of threads on these boards and also on Pinterest if you're crafty at all. Just google ideas for FE gifts.

Our youngest sons are 10 and 11 and although they won't be joining me on this cruise, they really enjoyed participating in the FE. They are also helping me prepare for this one even though they won't be on the cruise. Your daughter would probably enjoy helping with some of the crafty gifts.

It's going to be a fun cruise!
disjest8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #370
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanReviewsCars View Post
Ha! We'd have to do the same thing. Showed DS a few YouTube vids of the Disney Magic, and he freaked. "Mickey Mouse boat! Mickey Mouse boat!"

Can't wait
Just curious if your DS will be 3 before sailing or while on board. Our DD turns 3 our first @ Sea day. We plan to register her for kid's club on board since we can't do it pre-cruise because her age is officially still 2 for this cruise. I have no clue how much time she will want to spend in the club. I have read various reviews from didn't want to stay to wanted to spend as much time as possible & cried when picked up ! DD's phases change quickly, so in 40 days I have no clue what to expect.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #371
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglefan View Post
When we went last October with our boys (3 & 4), the Oceaneer's Club was perfect for them. The bigger kids were in the Lab, and there were plenty of activities and choices for the littler ones in the Club. Storytime, computers, movie, visits from Characters (Mickey Mouse came and inducted all of the kids into the Mickey Mouse Club).

The counselors do a great job remembering the kids, and the highlight was the show the kids put on during their last day. You get to sit in one of the theaters and watch your little one on stage singing, etc. They get a t-shirt to remember this by, and you get a lifetime of memories. This wasn't published anywhere, but thankfully one of the counselors told us about this and we made sure to have the boys in the Club that day.
Thank you so much!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #372
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Documents Queston

I finally sat down this morning to go through our documents for the cruise. I noticed that in the Vacation Summary & throughout my DD's name has the last name twice. The only thing that has her correct name our the luggage tags.

I logged into my reservation and checked and her name is correct in the reservation. Do you think this mix up on the documents could cause us any problems? Should I call Disney reservations?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #373
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
No booklet for us today

Hi SapphireMind,
I've started to add you all in the FE group, though maybe I missed your email. Can I have your names and stateroom number? Any allergies or special celebrations? As for FE ideas, I found a lot on the main cruise disboard when I searched FE threads, on pinterest, as well as etsy.
Thanks!

Last edited by Zandersmom; 03-31-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Zandersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #374
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

You replied to my email But:
Ciarrai, 10, no allergies/special occasions, just a mommy/daughter trip
Susan, not 10
Rm 7546
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #375
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Quote:
You replied to my email But:
Ciarrai, 10, no allergies/special occasions, just a mommy/daughter trip
Susan, not 10
Rm 7546
Thanks for the reminder Susan. You're all set now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: