Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #331
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
Just wondering the information we receive from Disney with our luggage tags is a sprial bound book? Having never cruised with Disney, just wondering what to expect.
The note book will include the itinerary, any excursions booked, helpful phone numbers, and of course luggage tags. Maybe a few other things such as tips for packing. I usually throw ours away on the ship so don't have anything to refer to. How exciting! Your FIRST Disney cruise!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #332
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR View Post
Hello everyone, we just booked this cruise a few days ago. It is our first and we are so excited. I am happy to have learned about the FE's from a friend. May we participate as well?

Room 8588
Three boys:
Alex (10 years)
Zachary (10 years)
Nick (5th birthday during the cruise, 5/17)

Please let me know if you need any other info. I've looked through this thread - what an awesome, fun group to be sailing with. I can see there is a lot of info and much to learn! LOL

I plan on ordering a fish extender through Etsy. Anyone recommendations on who to use?
Thanks!
Nicole
Congratulations on booking your first Disney Cruise! I've used "gradysmommy" for several things. My FE, pillowcases, and wave phone holder. Not sure how busy Tiffany will be this time of year?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #333
Crchapm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR View Post
Hello everyone, we just booked this cruise a few days ago. It is our first and we are so excited. I am happy to have learned about the FE's from a friend. May we participate as well?

Room 8588
Three boys:
Alex (10 years)
Zachary (10 years)
Nick (5th birthday during the cruise, 5/17)

Please let me know if you need any other info. I've looked through this thread - what an awesome, fun group to be sailing with. I can see there is a lot of info and much to learn! LOL

I plan on ordering a fish extender through Etsy. Anyone recommendations on who to use?

Thanks!
Nicole
Welcome aboard! We will be your neighbors in 8590. I have seen lots of diy tutorials for the fish extender. Someone even strung two pot holder together and put a mickey patch on it. It was really cute.
Crchapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #334
wajones2
Mouseketeer

44 Days!

Finally started working on my FE gifts today! Took me forever to come up with an idea. Found one I'm really happy with & can't wait to see the final product.

Still looking everyday for a Castaway Cay cabana to open up - no luck so far...figure if anyone does cancel it will be the last day possible.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #335
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM View Post
The note book will include the itinerary, any excursions booked, helpful phone numbers, and of course luggage tags. Maybe a few other things such as tips for packing. I usually throw ours away on the ship so don't have anything to refer to. How exciting! Your FIRST Disney cruise!!!
Thanks for the information. When we first began cruising with RCCL, we would recieve one of these. They've gone totally electronic now, although, if you pay a fee they will send one.

Having cruised before, we pretty much know the drill. It will be fun to discover some of the differences between cruise lines.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #336
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
Thanks for the information. When we first began cruising with RCCL, we would recieve one of these. They've gone totally electronic now, although, if you pay a fee they will send one.

Having cruised before, we pretty much know the drill. It will be fun to discover some of the differences between cruise lines.
When we cruised last April we got the paper version, not electronic. Curious to see what we get this time.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #337
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Walgreens has theatre candy for 79 cents this week. Stocked up for movies on the Magic!!

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #338
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Walgreens theatre candy is 79 cents this week. Stocked up for movies on the Magic!

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #339
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquirepd View Post
Walgreens theatre candy is 79 cents this week. Stocked up for movies on the Magic!
Thanks gotta get some!
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #340
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

Candy for movies - I would have never even thought of this! Duh!!!! What a great idea!
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #341
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
Candy for movies - I would have never even thought of this! Duh!!!! What a great idea!
We always bring snacks and also Disney mugs with lids to fill at the drink station. For all the new cruisers, you can bring your own libations! You can't check it with your luggage but you can pack it in your carry on.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #342
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Hi all

I've just booked myself and Beth dd11 on this cruise.

We are doing the EBTA and were planning on getting to galveston via New York the week before but unfortunately my dh couldn't get time off work, so he and my other dd Ellie 2 will be joining us later.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #343
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

To give my daughter ideas, what sort of trinkets are usually done for FEs?
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #344
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Would anyone on this cruise be interested in driving a rental vehicle from the port back to Hobby? I'm on the EBTA right after you get back and roundtrip rentals are WAY cheaper than one way.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #345
SVR831
Earning My Ears

Hello! We just booked this cruise yesterday and are super excited but nervous because this is our first cruise and we have little time to prepare. We just just read about the FE list and would love to be a part of this. Can you please add our room to the list? Our info is:

Stateroom: 6554

Pinkesh (age 34 male)
Harsha (age 34 female)
Satya ( age 3 girl)
Viraj (age 3 boy)
Rohan (age 3 boy)

Thanks and we look forward to meeting everyone!
SVR831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: