Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #316
disjest8
Proud Parent of 8

Hi All,

We just booked this cruise yesterday due to an amazing military rate.

It will be me (Kristi), my daughter (Amanda), her DS Blake -3 and my sister-in-law Gwen.

Amanda turns 30 next month and I turn 50 next month, so this is our girls' trip to celebrate. Amanda is in grad school and will be taking finals the week before we cruise, so I'm sure she will be more than ready to celebrate. Gwen is coming along for fun and we wouldn't take a Disney cruise without adorable Blake! I just cruised on the Wonder on 3/2 and on the Dream on 3/7 and although I knew I would be back, I had no idea it would be this soon. We are all super excited and have already sent our info to Becca for the FE.

Happy cruising!

-Kristi
disjest8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #317
Crchapm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
On the Allure last summer we saw Madagascar 3 the same week it was to be released on the weekend we were off the ship. We are young at heart. We were definitely among the more seasoned viewers in the theater! I love this perk on the cruiselines that have arrangements with the film industry.

I would love it if they had Iron Man 3 or Oz showing when we are on the Magic. I know our week will go quickly while we are on board, but we could probably carve out time to watch first run movies.

As I've shared, we are planning to go to AK first. Is this a good plan? We won't be traveling with any children. I haven't seen anyone who is choosing that option, so I was wondering. Remember, we are basically WDW rookies since it's been 20+ years since our last visit, so we are open to any input.
Animal Kingdom is a great choice. If you like animals or rides you will have a blast. The Oasis is a nice cool area to hang out in. Kilimanjaro Safaris is a must! If you like thrill rides make sure to ride Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids(you'll get wet). The only downside is that it is really far from other parks for hopping purposes, and it tends to close early because of it's focus on animals. I would suggest going early and then hopping to your second choice park. Hollywood Studios has some great shows like Indiana Jones, the stunt spectacular and fantasmic. The Tower of terror is an awesome thrill ride, so don't miss it if that's your thing.
Enjoy!
Crchapm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #318
Crchapm
Earning My Ears

Just booked

We just booked under the military rate. What a steal! We had been looking at a November cruise on the Wonder because DH has a class, but when we saw the itinerary with WDW for the price we paid, he called in himself to book it. It will be me and my DH(29) and our little man Eric(17 months when we sail). We are interested in the FE, but not exactly sure about it since this will be our first cruise. Any others out there with tiny tots? We are so excited!
Crchapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #319
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crchapm View Post
We just booked under the military rate. What a steal! We had been looking at a November cruise on the Wonder because DH has a class, but when we saw the itinerary with WDW for the price we paid, he called in himself to book it. It will be me and my DH(29) and our little man Eric(17 months when we sail). We are interested in the FE, but not exactly sure about it since this will be our first cruise. Any others out there with tiny tots? We are so excited!
What an awesome deal! Welcome aboard
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #320
thorpedo1015
Earning My Ears

Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crchapm View Post
Welcome aboard. We booked under the military rate as well. We will be traveling with our 4 year old daughter and our son will be turning one the day after we come back May 19. This is already his second Magic cruise, lol.
Art of Animation (2013-Wine and Dine Half Marathon)
Port Orleans Riverside (2014-Wine and Dine Half Marathon)
thorpedo1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #321
BMCGUIRE
Earning My Ears

AHOY!

We just booked! This will be our very first Disney Cruise!!
There are 4 of us (all adults- and all Disney lovers)
Hoping it's not too late to join in on the FE.. sounds like it'll be super FUN! :D

Looking forward to experiencing all the magic that the Disney Magic has to offer!!
BMCGUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #322
militaryears
Earning My Ears

Another FE participant

Becca,

Could you please add us to your FE list. This list is getting long I imagine, are you going to be breaking it into groups?

Crystal Connors (old)
Chris Connors (older)
Lane Connors (12)
Cheyenne Connors (10)

Stateroom # 8052

No food allergies

Do you need any more information other than that....

I was hesitant about doing this because I have no idea how many FE's (for everybody?) (every night?), rules? Protocols? Or anything, but then I came up with a great FE idea and now I am committed.

So excited for your first Disney cruise and big shout out and thanks to the online community on this forum, what a great way to share our thoughts, questions, idea's and excitement.....

49 days... Yippee

militaryears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #323
yogitxtx
Earning My Ears

Fe

Becca,

Our cabin # is now 6590. Tried to PM you twice.

Sandy, Brenda and Caren.
yogitxtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #324
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

FE updated list coming soon!

Hello Fellow Cruisers!
I apologize that I've been out of touch this week for those of you joining our FE group. I had to travel unexpectedly out of town for work, which consumed every bit of my time and energy. I will update the list tomorrow after some dance and t-ball plans...busy like you all, I'm sure! I just wanted you to know that I'm on it and looking forward to our cruise!
TGIF
Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #325
BMCGUIRE
Earning My Ears

Counting down the days!
We are new to DCL and DIS

Really excited about the FE exchange... even though we are all adults (but kids at heart) are we still able to participate?

Our room number is 2109 and we are
Brittany 23 (birthday cruise!)
Brenda 56
Michael 55
Shelley 46

Can't wait to escape the crazy Canadian weather and get some SUN!
BMCGUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #326
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Wink FE List updated and LAST week to join!

Hello Friends! I have updated the FE list with all of the requests of which I am aware. If I missed you, please let me know...it was a busy week! We are up to 28 staterooms for our Fish Extender exchange, with the last day to sign up is April 1st. It should be great fun! We are getting pretty large, yet I don't think that we have enough to consider splitting. Let's see what happens this last week, if that's okay with everyone. I am no FE expert, though greatly looking forward to our fun cruise.
Here is the link to our current FE list-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
I have highlighted each of our staterooms. Please check your stateroom(s) for accuracy and let me know if it looks okay or needs revision. You can pm me or email to becca.zpack@gmail.com. Work and family is keeping me pretty busy lately, so I may have a short delay in responding to messages. I apologize in advance and look forward to lots relaxation and fun in May.

Cheers!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #327
disjest8
Proud Parent of 8

Hi Becca,

Thanks for the updated FE list. Our stateroom number is actually 8564. I transposed it in my first email to you. I'll PM you too, just in case.

Thanks again,
Kristi
disjest8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #328
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

Also joined with the amazing military rate. My DD and I are going on a "girls only" cruise She is 10 and I am more than 10 She is so very excited!!!

I think she might like to do the FE thing.
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #329
NWR
Earning My Ears

May we please join in FE group?

Hello everyone, we just booked this cruise a few days ago. It is our first and we are so excited. I am happy to have learned about the FE's from a friend. May we participate as well?

Room 8588
Three boys:
Alex (10 years)
Zachary (10 years)
Nick (5th birthday during the cruise, 5/17)

Please let me know if you need any other info. I've looked through this thread - what an awesome, fun group to be sailing with. I can see there is a lot of info and much to learn! LOL

I plan on ordering a fish extender through Etsy. Anyone recommendations on who to use?

Thanks!
Nicole
NWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #330
denamo
Mouseketeer

Just wondering the information we receive from Disney with our luggage tags is a sprial bound book? Having never cruised with Disney, just wondering what to expect.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: