Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #241
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

CC Cabanas

Becca, all the CC Cabanas were sold out by 75 day mark. Any luck with cancellations?

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #242
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders
Becca, all the CC Cabanas were sold out by 75 day mark. Any luck with cancellations?
They were gone when I looked at the 90 day booking window
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #243
denamo
Mouseketeer

I really was surprised with the way Disney cruises stagger their available times for booking events with past cruisers. We've only cruised on Royal Caribbean, so I wasn't familiar with the process. It is kind of sad if you want to book a cabana, not having been a past Disney cruiser, it is more difficult.

Do they hold any cabanas back to be able to book on board? Also do suite guests, even if they are first time Disney cruisers, have an opportunity to be in on the first round of openings?

These are questions out of curiosity. It is a nice perk Disney gives to past cruisers.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #244
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo
I really was surprised with the way Disney cruises stagger their available times for booking events with past cruisers. We've only cruised on Royal Caribbean, so I wasn't familiar with the process. It is kind of sad if you want to book a cabana, not having been a past Disney cruiser, it is more difficult.

Do they hold any cabanas back to be able to book on board? Also do suite guests, even if they are first time Disney cruisers, have an opportunity to be in on the first round of openings?

These are questions out of curiosity. It is a nice perk Disney gives to past cruisers.
I wonder if they were gone at the platnium level booking I think it's 120 days out.....
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #245
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Cabanas

We would love to have a cabana or even share a cabana with another family on CC. I know they book up fast, but I have seen on other boards where checking daily or multiple times a day especially as the deadline to cancel arrives, can result in successfuly finding one open!

Good luck & if we are so lucky as to book one, we only have a group of 3 so are happy to share!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #246
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

I assumed that since they were gone by the 90 day mark, that either the platinum, gold, or concierge guests reserved all 20 cabanas. I'm checking back intermittantly to see if one opens up, though I know our family will be thrilled to be on CC either way. Regarding suite rooms, if those are concierge level, then I think they get an early shot at the cabanas too. It's long shot at this point though my fingers are crossed for all of us!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #247
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Key West Day

I found a trip report (under pre-trip reports) from the 2/15 sailing and saw where the Magic docked at the Navy Base which is further from time this sailing. He indicated that if you dock at the Navy Base to allow extra time to get back to the ship. He says they estimated they would be back at 11:50, but arrived at 12:30 which was all aboard time! I will be watching for reviews from the sailing that is leaving today. It is such a short time in port, it will be ashame to lose some of the time due to the distance from town if we dock at the Navy Base

BTW - Watching the Magic right now on the Galveston Port cam! So exciting we will be there VERY SOON! 2 months, 1 week and 2 days!!! WOO HOO! I also had read that if you go to the top deck when you are sailing out that there are lots of dolphins to be seen when you sail out of Galveston Port.

Last edited by wajones2; 03-01-2013 at 01:48 PM.
wajones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #248
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
BTW - Watching the Magic right now on the Galveston Port cam! So exciting we will be there VERY SOON! 2 months, 1 week and 2 days!!! WOO HOO! I also had read that if you go to the top deck when you are sailing out that there are lots of dolphins to be seen when you sail out of Galveston Port.
I totally forgot to look at the webcam today. I really meant to. Guess I need to put it on my calendar, so I don't forget again! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #249
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Magic in Galveston

We got to watch the Magic sail away last night @ 4:30! It was so exciting to watch it pull from the pier and sail through the harbor. Our DD said no wait, come back, you forgot me! LOL

Took some explaining for her to understand that it was still 2 more months before we will be on the Magic. She even spotted Goofy on the back of the ship.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #250
llachance
Mouseketeer

I am gold

and booked at the a couple of days after I was allowed. There were a lot of cabans left at that point.
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #251
denamo
Mouseketeer

The Magic is at Port Canaveral this evening and can be seen on the Port Canaveral webcam. She's all lit up very nicely! There is also a Norwegian ship in port. Here's the website:
http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #252
llachance
Mouseketeer

current

cruisers missed Castaway Cay because of the winds. The cast members quickly put together sea day plans without missing a beat (according to a friend who is on the ship). They were at WDW yesterday and she said manuevering through customs and off to the parks was a breeze. They were on one of the earliest buses to Epcot to take advantage of extra Magic hours...We are off to the World at the end of the month with all the grand kids so cruising will be a nice break
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #253
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
The Magic is at Port Canaveral this evening and can be seen on the Port Canaveral webcam. She's all lit up very nicely! There is also a Norwegian ship in port. Here's the website:
http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/
I thought about them all day in the parks and even checked the wait times, but totally forgot about the port webcam. We will have to catch it next time.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #254
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down Missing Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by llachance View Post
cruisers missed Castaway Cay because of the winds
Hold on a sec! You can miss Castaway Cay?!? That would totally suck. How often does that happen, I wonder?
OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #255
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders View Post
Hold on a sec! You can miss Castaway Cay?!? That would totally suck. How often does that happen, I wonder?
Last April we didn't miss Castaway Cay, but due to the winds all exursions/activites on the water were cancelled. We missed Key West that cruise due to the winds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: