Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #226
denamo
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MickeyWatcher;47623926]It's starting to get real! Glad to see that everyone is getting the reservations they want. I got on last night and got the 7:15 AM bus to HS, and 11:30 AM check in. I wanted to have a later arrival at port, but DW said we will not be able to sit at home, cause the kids will be going nuts. To help relieve their anxiety, we plan to send them to school that AM, and check them out early. The teachers will hate us![/QUOTE]

LOL!
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #227
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Any guesses on what movies might be on board. Heard there is a DCL number to call to find out before you cruise. Do you know when and how to get this information?

Thanks!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #228
denamo
Mouseketeer

I found a thread on one of the boards with all kinds of tips for WDW. While many here may be WDW veterans, I'm more in the rookie category. I copy and pasted all of these hints into a word document. It is now in my dropbox and you can access it with the link below. Fair warning....this is my first time to generate this type of link, so I'm really hoping it will work!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex1w21qlpq...ps%202013.docx

Update: I tried the link after posting and it does work!! Whoo Hoo!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #229
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Any guesses on what movies might be on board. Heard there is a DCL number to call to find out before you cruise. Do you know when and how to get this information?

Thanks!
I found this information posted on the cruise that just returned with the same itinerary as the May 10th cruise. Since there are not so many cruisese with this itinerary, I'm thinking movies might be the same.

Also, here is a link to a posters photobucket containing the Navigators from the January 18, 2013 cruise out of Galveston. Didn't check the movie schedule and compare to those listed below. http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators Password is "disfriends"

The dining dress list is as follows:
Day One-Cruise Casual
Day Two-Formal Night
Day Three-Cruise Casual
Day Four-Cruise Casual
Day Five-Cruise Casual
Day Six-Pirate/Cruise Casual
Day Seven-Semi-Formal
Day Eight- Cruise Casual

Dining Rotation should be as follows:
1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #230
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Does anyone know if they will add current movies like Oz and/or iron man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
I found this information posted on the cruise that just returned with the same itinerary as the May 10th cruise. Since there are not so many cruisese with this itinerary, I'm thinking movies might be the same.

Also, here is a link to a posters photobucket containing the Navigators from the January 18, 2013 cruise out of Galveston. Didn't check the movie schedule and compare to those listed below. http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators Password is "disfriends"

The dining dress list is as follows:
Day One-Cruise Casual
Day Two-Formal Night
Day Three-Cruise Casual
Day Four-Cruise Casual
Day Five-Cruise Casual
Day Six-Pirate/Cruise Casual
Day Seven-Semi-Formal
Day Eight- Cruise Casual

Dining Rotation should be as follows:
1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D
Old 02-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #231
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

I'm expecting that Oz will be added to the movie list, since it will be the latest Disney movie released. My Brother-in-law and his family have cruised on Disney a few times. They have been able to see new movies the same day it was released in the Theater. Once he went to a Friday 12:01 AM showing of a movie.
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #232
RubyBlue
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." ~Walt Disney
I just about jumped outta my Mickey Mouse PJ's

This cruise will finally turn us into Gold status! Taking 3 generations onboard and can't wait to relax at sea!

Really have no idea how to pick just one park for our DisneyWorld day. . . that's tough!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #233
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
This cruise will finally turn us into Gold status! Taking 3 generations onboard and can't wait to relax at sea!

Really have no idea how to pick just one park for our DisneyWorld day. . . that's tough!
You should be able to do at least 2 parks in the time we are allotted on our Disney day. All 4 of us are starting in HS. Then our 20+ dd's are going to WDW and my dh and I are headed to Epcot
Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #234
csoutherl
Earning My Ears

Movies

On our first Disney cruise last year, we had John Carter on the same day as the premiere in theaters.

I think that we'll have whatever is the latest theater movie as well as some oldies but goodies!
csoutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #235
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Iron Man 3 opens the week before we sail so I'm hoping it'll be on board

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #236
denamo
Mouseketeer

On the Allure last summer we saw Madagascar 3 the same week it was to be released on the weekend we were off the ship. We are young at heart. We were definitely among the more seasoned viewers in the theater! I love this perk on the cruiselines that have arrangements with the film industry.

I would love it if they had Iron Man 3 or Oz showing when we are on the Magic. I know our week will go quickly while we are on board, but we could probably carve out time to watch first run movies.

As I've shared, we are planning to go to AK first. Is this a good plan? We won't be traveling with any children. I haven't seen anyone who is choosing that option, so I was wondering. Remember, we are basically WDW rookies since it's been 20+ years since our last visit, so we are open to any input.

Last edited by denamo; 02-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #237
mickeydavis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo
On the Allure last summer we saw Madagascar 3 the same week it was to be released on the weekend we were off the ship. We are young at heart. We were definitely among the more seasoned viewers in the theater!

I would love it if they had Iron Man 3 or Oz showing when we are on the Magic. I know our week will go quickly while we are on board. We are always wishing for one more day!

As I've shared, we are planning to go to AK first. Is this a good plan? We won't be traveling with any children. I haven't seen anyone who is choosing that option, so I was wondering.
Animal Kingdom is a great option. I'm in love with the shows, Finding Nemo & Lion King. Expedition Everest & Dinosaur cover the thrill seeker in me. Of course the animals on the safari and the chance to see the great Dee Vine always bring me back. But we only have 1 day..so sad. It's what I hate about this. Dangling a treat in front of me..

This trip will also only be my DH and I. Couldn't afford our lil kiddos but will be a great break from them. I'm looking forward to our day @ HS, spending the day riding my favorite rides over and over again..together. That being said as much as the crowds let us..big fan of Star Tours btw. You have to understand our last few trips we haven't been able to really ride together just child swapping with the lil ones or splitting up our party, the "I'll take this one you get the other two". Probably head over to Epcot late afternoon to walk World Showcase @ Epcot.
mickeydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #238
m4travel

Mouseketeer

I don't think Disney shows new films before they premiere on land, but we have seen movies aboard ship on opening days. As we seldom go out to movies when at home, it's a treat to see them in the finely-equipped theater on board.

We, too, are heading to Animal Kingdom first. I understand that we are to have about 90 minutes on our own before the Safari Trek. Then it's off to see the changes they're making in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom before heading to EPCOT for dinner and IllumiNations. It's going to be a full day! Out on one of the first buses and back on the last bus of the night.

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #239
wajones2
Mouseketeer

WDW Day

We are starting the day early in HS & then Fantasyland in MK. We are keeping the afternoon open since we aren't sure how long we will be able to enjoy the parks with DD. She isn't one to nap well in a stroller, but exhaustion may play into it all and solve that problem for us. I would love to stay and let DD experience the fireworks at MK...but no firm plans.

Hoping to see some of the movies on board this time & intro DD to them...although sitting still is not one of our strong suits right now.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #240
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

It's great to hear about everyone's reservations! We will be joining those of you on the early bus to HS. I'm trying to decide if we will commit the time for Jedi training, but I think the kids would love it. My oldest had a blast with it when he was 7, while my soon to be 5yo twins were too young on that trip. We'll see. Speaking of reservations, I'm hoping to reserve a cabana on CC with family friends of ours should any of you learn if anyone canceling their reservations. We'll enjoy CC without it, though I would love to experience a cabana this once.
Cheers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: