Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #181
j2o
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=OhioInlanders;47531816]Welcome to the DisBoards Group J2o! It's our first DCL cruise too! We'll all have fun! I cna't imagine any cabin/deck on the ship is "bad". Heck, at least you're on board! Are your adjoining cabins inside or outside on Deck 1?
QUOTE]

They are inside cabins, but yes....we are just happy to be on the boat!!!

We are disney pros. We've been every year for the past 5 years. We are true Disney fans, and we are now giving the Disney Cruise a try. We did a Carnival cruise for my brother's wedding 3 years ago, and it wasn't a good fit for us.....but we are really excitied that this is will be a great fit for our family and our kiddos.

Now the planning to get everyone's favorites all into one day.

Currently the plan is...Breakfast at CP at MK before park opens. Ride our most favorites like all the mountains, Jungle Cruise (I know but it's my personal fav), a few other rides, and check out the new fantasy land.

2 of the kiddos want to go to AK to ride Everest and the Safarii, but I'm trying to talk them out of it. We'll see how that goes. AK is expected to be a busy place that day, so we probably won't go over there.

If we can talk the kiddos into it we will head off to HS around early afternoon. We've got a fantasmic dinner scheduled, so we will stay and ride some favorites there then watch the show. Long story short, literally every time we've tried to see Fantasmic we've been rained out....so the kids are super excited to see that.

Since this is our first cruise we are anxiously waiting for reservations to open next Sunday!!!!
j2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #182
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
We r on the same bus and have very similar plans. Our DD is turning 3 on the cruise. We r doing character breakfast with disney jr characters at Hollywood & Vine.
My family is on same bus too!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #183
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Day at WDW

I guess we all have pretty detailed plans for our day at WDW

Our plan is really simple, leave the Magic early, nap on the bus, arrive at MK before rope drop, do everything in New Fantasyland, do some other favorites, eat dinner at Be Our Guest, watch Wishes!, catch the return bus to the Magic, nap on the bus.

It's the other 7 days that we have no plans for

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #184
wajones2
Mouseketeer

I love that we have 4 at sea days on this cruise. Sea days & Castaway Cay were our favorites from our first cruise.

Very exicting to be introducting our DD to WDW for the first time - hopefully starting a much anticipated family tradition with her as she gets older.

I was so focused on my DD birthday during the cruise that I didn't even realize that we would also be celebrating Mother's Day. So this will be a very special cruise for us indeed with 3 extra special events, plus all the special ones that await us on board.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #185
Icats
Mouseketeer

Hi! My DH, DD, and I will also be on this cruise. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise (my DD's 2nd), but the first one that will be longer than 3 nights. I'm excited to experience some "at sea" days.

Our previous trip to WDW was last April for DD's 4th birthday. We were hoping she would be tall enough to ride some of the bigger rides, but she missed the 40" mark by about 1/2 an inch. So, while I was initially disappointed with the itinerary change for this cruise, I am now excited my DD will finally get a chance to ride some new rides!

We plan to start our Disney day at HS (already signed up for the 7:15 bus) to ride Tower of Terror and see the Disney Jr. show. Lunch at Beaches and Cream. Then we might walk through Epcot to catch the monorail over to MK where we will spend the rest of our day.

Can't wait!!
Icats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #186
denamo
Mouseketeer

Since it's been some time since we've been to WDW, I've been doing tons of reading, found all kinds of podcasts on the web, and looked at great pictures that people post.

As things are today, I think we will probably start out in AK. Since it seems to be the farthest out, that might be better to get there early. Not sure where we'll head after that, but probably MK or Epcot.

I already feel like we are on an adventure just thinking all we can do at WDW.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #187
wajones2
Mouseketeer

We are looking forward the WDW adventure too. We have no real plans for the rest of the cruise, but are looking forward to the princess gathering and tea with alice, and our days at castway cay & key west.

I doubt we will make it the pirate night party on deck. DD even with a nap typically can't last past 9pm...and if she is up past 9 she isn't in a party mood.

I am so excited to see the new fantasyland! We haven't been to WDW since 2009 when I was pregnant with DD...so much as changed. And since I didn't get to ride my favorite rides that trip, I am hoping to fit in some baby swapping at some of them this trip.

I started shopping for FE gifts this past weekend, and had little success..

For others staying pre-night at Hotel Galvez, what time are you arriving in Houston. I think our flight lands right before 2pm.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #188
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Pre-Night In Galveston

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
For others staying pre-night at Hotel Galvez, what time are you arriving in Houston. I think our flight lands right before 2pm.
We haven't decided where we will stay yet on Thursday night, but probably the Hilton. We arrive pretty late, I think around 9:00 PM into Hobby.

Hopefully, we can explore Galveston for a couple hours Friday morning before we check in at the port.
OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #189
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders View Post
We haven't decided where we will stay yet on Thursday night, but probably the Hilton. We arrive pretty late, I think around 9:00 PM into Hobby.

Hopefully, we can explore Galveston for a couple hours Friday morning before we check in at the port.
We will be driving up on Thursday. We live in deep south TX, along the border of TX and Mexico. It is an almost 7 hour drive up for us. Yes, TX is a big state!

I've been so obsessed with looking at all things Disney, that I haven't yet booked a hotel. We did a RCCL cruise in January out of Galveston and ended up staying in Texas City. I think since there were five cruise ships (2 Carnival, 1 Princess, 1 Disney, 1 RCCL) going out of Galveston at various times that week, hotel rates in Galveston were pretty pricey. We may opt to stay in Texas City this cruise as well. OK...time to do some research!

Have a great day all.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #190
wajones2
Mouseketeer

We have never been to Galveston before, so I need to research as well for things we might want to do Thursday evening/Friday morning before heading to the ship.

Recommendations are appreciated. My DH loves good seafood, so I would like to find a great dinner spot that works for having an almost 3 year old as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #191
llachance
Mouseketeer

Change of Plans

Hollywood Studios on the 7:15 am bus and Character Breakfast at 9:15...guess we will see some folks there. Cancelled our late lunch and will just go with what we find in the early afternoon.
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #192
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llachance View Post
Hollywood Studios on the 7:15 am bus and Character Breakfast at 9:15...guess we will see some folks there. Cancelled our late lunch and will just go with what we find in the early afternoon.
We have the exact same plans to begin our day at WDW (our breakfast is at 9:10). Our LOs our very close to the same age. I'm so excited to see her reaction to everything at WDW - this is such a magical age. I saw a schedule for he Disney Jr Stage show and we may make the 10:30 show (depends on how long to get seated & see characters at breakfast). The next show is 11:20. We plan on taking the bus to MK right after we see the show.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #193
llachance
Mouseketeer

Thats our plan too!

We are taking the grandson to WDW to be with his cousins the last weekend in March. His cousins are 4,5 and 15. We plan on taking him to Animal Kingdom that day so will really focus on the Magic Kingdom for this trip.
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #194
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

FE List Update coming soon! Kelley and Kara, I promise to update our list with your family information ASAP, though I had to travel unexpectedly for work this week and have been completely tied up. At this rate I will really need some R&R on our cruise, though I'm thankful to have a job that will help pay for our great trip. Anyway, so sorry for the delay!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #195
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Current Deals??

I was looking at mousesavers.com and found this under current cruise deals.

Disney Magic - Book by 3/31/13

•May 10, 2013, 8-Night Bahamian Cruise (from Galveston, TX) from $1,160* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11B Standard Inside Stateroom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: