Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #166
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquirepd View Post
I bet you're on to something here!

Has anyone heard if we are going to be moved to the Wonder boat? My cousin just returned from the same cruise we are all going on & said their server informed him that the may cruises were getting the Wonder out of Galveston. They were sending the Magic to Europe! That would be a fun cruise too! We'll just cruise on over to Europe with the boat!!!! (Jk).

Just "wondered" if anyone had heard anything on that!

Becky
There was talk of it on page 7
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #167
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Hi Becky,
As it's scheduled now, we are the last cruise out of Texas for the Spring, then on to Europe! Then the Wonder will be coming in the Fall. They could always surprise us though, and the Wonder is a beautiful ship!
Have a great night!
And, an answer. There's another answer on the bottom of page 7.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #168
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Playhouse Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
I decided quickly to change our plans and start with a character breakfast & Disney Jr stage show before heading over to MK! We should still have plenty of time since we are planning on Fantasyland only. Got the 7:15 bus to Hollywood Studios and a 9:10 breakfast.
Sounds like a great change for you guys! My little ones are now too big for Playhouse Disney (they are 11 & 9), even though DW and I would still love to go with them to see the show

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #169
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up New to DCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by denamo View Post
I have a few questions:

1. What is the FE that some are joining? Is this for families with children?
2. On the day we are at WDW, do you book the shuttle you want to take online? FYI..we don't have access to reservations yet since this is our first Disney cruise
3. From what I've read, there are different restaurants that passengers rotate to each night with the same waitstaff. Do you have the same tablemates each night?
We are new to DCL too, but I'll try to answer your questions with my limited knowledge.

1. FE is short for Fish Extender. Google "Fish Extender" and you'll find all kinds of explanations and ideas. It's a friendly gift exchange and a way to spread the "magic". You should participate even as grown-ups if you think you'll enjoy it.

2. We don't have access yet either to bookings (until 75 days). You'll be able to book your shuttle to WDW at that time.

3. I think you'll have the same tablemates every night, too. I hope you'll like them

--Adam
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #170
MissAverysMomma
Earning My Ears

Yes, same table companions each night. Your servers will also rotate with you to each restaurant. We had fantastic servers on our Dream cruise last time. They got to know my children, and they would have crackers, fruit, and chocolate milk waiting for us when we arrived to sit down. Perfect for antsy toddlers!

Disney Dream - July 2011
Disney Magic - May 2013
MissAverysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #171
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders View Post
We are new to DCL too, but I'll try to answer your questions with my limited knowledge.

1. FE is short for Fish Extender. Google "Fish Extender" and you'll find all kinds of explanations and ideas. It's a friendly gift exchange and a way to spread the "magic". You should participate even as grown-ups if you think you'll enjoy it.

2. We don't have access yet either to bookings (until 75 days). You'll be able to book your shuttle to WDW at that time.

3. I think you'll have the same tablemates every night, too. I hope you'll like them

--Adam
Adam,
Thanks for your responses to my questions.

I did do a bit of research on the restaurants. Seems really fun way to do things.

I have been considering our time at WDW and which park or parks to attempt to see. It's been years since we've been to WDW. Our last time there was the first year of opening of MGM Studios which is now known as Hollywood Studios. They had an Indiana Jones show that our boys absolutely loved.

I'm getting revved up to go! Quite a different cruise experience from others with foreign ports.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #172
j2o
Earning My Ears

Our family will also be joining this cruise. This is our first Disney cruise, so we are anxiously waiting to make our bookings for the crusie.

Also we just booked a few weeks ago, and since we had to have adjoining cabins due to the 4 kiddos and their ages, we are on deck 1 - that's all that was left. Is that bad??? I'm guessing there isn't anything we can do about it at this point, we are just excited to be on board!!!

I emailed our information to join the FE group. That sounds like a lot of fun.
j2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #173
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

First Time Cruisers / Long Time Since Going to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2o View Post
Our family will also be joining this cruise.
Welcome to the DisBoards Group J2o! It's our first DCL cruise too! We'll all have fun! I cna't imagine any cabin/deck on the ship is "bad". Heck, at least you're on board! Are your adjoining cabins inside or outside on Deck 1?

denamo, if you haven't been to WDW for awhile, and have any interest at all in it, I suggest you start the day at Animal Kingdom and end the day at Wishes! in Magic Kingdom or Illuminations in Epcot. Animal Kingdom is an amazing completely immersive Disney park with two good shows (Nemo & Lion King) and other great attractions (Kilimanjaro Safaris & Expedition Everest).

Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #174
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Welcome J20

If you haven't been to disney in awhile, hop around a little. We will have a one-day park hopper pass.

We are all 4 doing hollywood studios straight from the ship for our few favorite rides. Then our older girls are doing MK and shooting for 3 parks. My husband and I are doing epcot for rest of day.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #175
denamo
Mouseketeer

Thanks to OhioInlanders and lovetotraveltx for weighing in on the Disney parks. Everything I've read says it is better to stay in one park since it can take a lot of time traveling around to others. I'd like to try more than one, and with your suggestions it does seem feasible.

I have one other question. When you book Palo online or an excursion, do you have to pay right then or does it go into your on board account to be paid at the end of the cruise.

I know with RCL if you reserve anything prior to boarding, it is required to be paid right then.

Either way is not a problem. Just wondering. We're still locked out of making any reservations for anything just yet. It will happen soon enough.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #176
wajones2
Mouseketeer

We r hoping 2 do 2 parks but very specific attractions & will use fast pass as much as possible. I think u can do a lot if u leave early & keep moving.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #177
llachance
Mouseketeer

with

a 2 1/2 year old we are starting with the 7:15 bus to studios for disney junior then heading to the Magic kingdom. That said my sister is coming with us and I don't think she has ever been to disneyworld so plans may change. We have dunch (dinner/Lunch) at the Magic Kingdom at 4:00 at Tony's which doesn't get great reviews but has enough room.

I guess we should check in - but since we are driving in I am not worried about what time we get on the ship. Just that we get on.
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #178
csoutherl
Earning My Ears

We are also planning on 2 parks, but are trying to remain flexible. We decided not to make any lunch/dinner reservations so we could bounce between parks when we felt like it.

We have specific attractions that are "must -dos" and everything else will be a bonus

On our last cruise, we had excursions booked, and could cancel them up to 3 days before our cruise before we were charged for them. We paid for them as part of our onboard charges.

Hope this helps.

Cari
csoutherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #179
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Not sure if its smart or not but we are going to try for three parks. We are starting with a princess breakfast at Epcot. We are then going to the studios till mid day and ending up at MK. We have reservations for dinner at Beasts Castle (Cinderella was booked up). I think we will make it but we are going to be a tired bunch (especially DD5).

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #180
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llachance View Post
a 2 1/2 year old we are starting with the 7:15 bus to studios for disney junior then heading to the Magic kingdom. That said my sister is coming with us and I don't think she has ever been to disneyworld so plans may change. We have dunch (dinner/Lunch) at the Magic Kingdom at 4:00 at Tony's which doesn't get great reviews but has enough room.

I guess we should check in - but since we are driving in I am not worried about what time we get on the ship. Just that we get on.
We r on the same bus and have very similar plans. Our DD is turning 3 on the cruise. We r doing character breakfast with disney jr characters at Hollywood & Vine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: