Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Holiday time Disney trip out of the Alaska cold

So, I am super homesick for Disney after moving to Alaska from Tampa back in April and decided that we had to go to the warmth in December. This Floridian was scared to be stuck in snowy Alaska for a whole winter without getting a break from it. So we booked a one week stay with our DVC points at Boardwalk Villas. Of course various family and friends will be visiting with us also.

But the main members of this trip are:

Me- Stephanie. I'm currently a SAHM of two and am starting classes in a couple months for a second bachelors degree in Accounting. I'm a travel addict and find excuses to leave whenever possible.

DH- Shawn. He's in the Air Force (and why we live in this very cold state now). He likes Disney, but not as much as me. Although he did let me plan our wedding at Shades of Green about 4 years ago so he's pretty on board.

Here's a picture of us at our wedding. It was all sorts of amazing!

DD- Bella, 3 years old. She's all sass and very excited about going back to play with all the characters.

DS- Killian, 2 years old. He's all boy and his favorite show is Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Our cute little miracle babies. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 3 days after I had my daughter and surprisingly got pregnant again with our son about a month after finishing chemo.

We're staying in a 1 BR Villa at Boardwalk Inn December 10-17. We usually prefer Beach Club but we can only book 7 months out and it was booked. Either way we love walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Soon to be Table of Contents... I swear I'm going to update this thread a lot.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Joining in, can not wait to read more... We are going during the same time and are also staying at BWV.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Our flights are pretty crazy coming from so far away. We chose flights based on prices and United was cheapest at $640 a piece! That's super expensive after being used to just drive an hour or so. Bonus of United is they let military and families traveling with the military member free bags (up to 3 a piece). So at least we'll save on luggage.

Our itinerary looks like this:

Sunday December 9: Drive to Anchorage Airport around 10pm.
Park.
Flight leaves right before midnight. Red eye flight with two toddlers! FUN! We're semi used to it since we bounced back and forth to Italy a few times a year for two years.

Monday December 10: Flight lands in Denver around 7am.
Connecting flight leaves around 8am (they changed the times, I would normally get a longer layover with two toddlers).
We land in Orlando about 1:40pm. We opted to rent a car for the week (spoiled Floridian who couldn't give up the luxury). We got an awesome military rate for a midsize for $125 with fees and everything. We'll check into Boardwalk.

Plan is to check in. I'll probably run to the store and pick up some light groceries. We're doing Dining Plan so not much, just breakfast and some drinks and snacks. Downtown Disney or maybe Epcot or Hollywood Studios since we can walk so easily.

Tuesday December 11: The plan is to spend the morning in one of the parks and take the morning easy. Then going to Tampa for the afternoon and evening. My grandma lives there and I promised her, plus we're going to the Melting Pot. YUMMY! It's my favorite restaurant and we don't have one here in Alaska. My parents are coming in this day to Orlando too, along with my sister. They're staying at Swan and Dolphin.

Wednesday December 12:Breakfast at Ohana's.
Dinner and Candlelight Package at Garden Grill

Thursday December 13 Our big holiday day! DD has BBB at 1 in the castle. We're waiting on Be Our Guest reservations to open along with Dessert Party reservations AND we'll be doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I'm psyched. Plus my friend is coming in from Tampa and staying with us for the remainder of our trip.

Friday December 14 Breakfast at Cape May.

Saturday December 15

Sunday December 16 Teppan Edo Candlelight Package with no kids.

Monday December 17 Pack up, eat and leave.

I still need to figure out what parks we're doing when. I have no clue yet and haven't looked at hours.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Wow... our itinerary looks like a jumbled mess. Next order of business is to start my excel spreadsheet with reservations, park times and extra hours.

I'm not a big extra hours fan truthfully, I find it to be more crowded and my kids just aren't at an age to make it worth it. It is nice though for me and DH on nights that my parents are around and can watch the kids. They're staying at Swan and Dolphin for 3 nights so will be within walking distance.

I'm trying to think of a few special things we haven't done yet to try out... but it's hard to find things that are little kid friendly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: