Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #106
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

That lovely walk from the BC into Epcot through the IG looks so much more peaceful than it did the night before!

We saw all the kids at that building on the 27th (our last Epcot day). They were overflowing all around the UK - big groups standing around stretching & practicing their routines. Yuck!

I'm glad you got to ride Soarin' - hope you made it to Kona on time!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #107
lala3291
DIS Veteran

It looks like a nice start to your morning! I love walking through International Gateway in the morning- it's a relaxing walk! Can't wait to hear about Kona!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #108
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in on the fun! I've read a few of your other trip reports and have always enjoyed them.

We are headed down to the World in a few weeks and are staying at the Beach Club but in a villa. I'm a little nervous now about staying there after reading about some of the issues you encountered.

BTW, we are from PA too, but we live on the other side of the state in Hershey.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #109
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Subbing so I can come back and read it when I have more time.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #110
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

LOVE the pictures of Epcot in the morning! Thanks for posting!

Hooray for an unplanned trip on Soarin!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #111
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
for a an bonus ride on Soarin'! Love that! I would've done the same thing. I love that ride!!! I used to be really uptight about making it to ADRs perfectly on time, but we ended up being late several times on our last trip and I realized that most places will still take you without any issues. So from now on, I'm going to try to get there on time, but if we don't, I'm not going to stress about it. Worst case scenario, they'll tell us we can't eat there and we'll go get some CS food somewhere. I'm done running to ADRs though! I think you made the right choice going for the Soarin' ride! I really wish you didn't even need ADRs at Disney. It's nice not to have to wait forever for a table (or not get one at all), but it would be great to just stop and eat when and where you want on the fly too.
I knew it was going to be pushing us to get to Kona on time, which was not great since I was going on very little sleep. But I was afraid after seeing the crowds the night before that we would never be able to ride Soarin without waiting 60-90 minutes. So we went for it! It was well worth it!!

I hate rushing around to ADR's too. I usually try not to make too many of them for that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
That lovely walk from the BC into Epcot through the IG looks so much more peaceful than it did the night before!

We saw all the kids at that building on the 27th (our last Epcot day). They were overflowing all around the UK - big groups standing around stretching & practicing their routines. Yuck!

I'm glad you got to ride Soarin' - hope you made it to Kona on time!
It was a much nicer walk! The night before was just how you described. Unpleasant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
It looks like a nice start to your morning! I love walking through International Gateway in the morning- it's a relaxing walk! Can't wait to hear about Kona!
It was a nice morning! I'm glad we ended up doing it that way.

Kona is coming up soon!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #112
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
I'm joining in on the fun! I've read a few of your other trip reports and have always enjoyed them.

We are headed down to the World in a few weeks and are staying at the Beach Club but in a villa. I'm a little nervous now about staying there after reading about some of the issues you encountered.

BTW, we are from PA too, but we live on the other side of the state in Hershey.

Welcome! Glad you've enjoyed my previous TR's! Hope you will enjoy this one too. Feel free to post anytime!

I hope you have better luck with your BCV room than we did with our BC room. You don't generally hear too many bad reports on either, so I'm thinking we were just unlucky.

We've been out to Hershey many many times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Subbing so I can come back and read it when I have more time.
Welcome Mel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
LOVE the pictures of Epcot in the morning! Thanks for posting!

Hooray for an unplanned trip on Soarin!
Glad you are enjoying the Epcot pics!

Yes, any trip on Soarin is awesome and an unplanned one is even better!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #113
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Holy Toledo!!

So when you texted me bright and early that morning saying you were in line for Soarin and I hadn't made it out of my Pjs yet- I had two very strong emotions-- one was worry that you'd never make your Kona ADR and we both know how important that place is and with good reason . The second emotion I had was pure jealously--- you were having fun without me!!!!!

And after seeing those pics of World Showcase looking so beautiful , its no wonder. I love going into WS in the early morning on that side. I know they don't want you to but I always head over there into the UK part and walk around a bit. It's one of my favorite things to do while everyone is running for the rides. It's just so peaceful and calm... Serene before the masses hit it.
Your pictures caught the element if it perfectly.

It looks like this day was already shaping up to a great start--- brilliant idea going to Epcot!!!

Can't wait for Kona.... . Sniff sniff

Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #114
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

I've never been to Epcot during morning EMH, but your pictures make me think maybe it would be worth getting out of bed that early. Also made me realize I miss Soaring. I haven't been on in a while since I always go to Disney with my sister and her baby's too young, and we haven't wanted to baby swap to ride alone, OR when we have gone with other friends, the waits were outrageous. Maybe I wouldn't mind riding alone though.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #115
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Holy Toledo!!

So when you texted me bright and early that morning saying you were in line for Soarin and I hadn't made it out of my Pjs yet- I had two very strong emotions-- one was worry that you'd never make your Kona ADR and we both know how important that place is and with good reason . The second emotion I had was pure jealously--- you were having fun without me!!!!!

And after seeing those pics of World Showcase looking so beautiful , its no wonder. I love going into WS in the early morning on that side. I know they don't want you to but I always head over there into the UK part and walk around a bit. It's one of my favorite things to do while everyone is running for the rides. It's just so peaceful and calm... Serene before the masses hit it.
Your pictures caught the element if it perfectly.

It looks like this day was already shaping up to a great start--- brilliant idea going to Epcot!!!

Can't wait for Kona.... . Sniff sniff

Funny I was texting you when we were in line for Soarin but the text wouldn't go through. Didn't have any bars in there I guess. So anyway - it went through after we came out of the ride and that was at 9:40 and I remember thinking that you probably thought we were still in line at 9:40.

Epcot was very nice and quiet that morning. You would have loved it! It was a nice way to start the morning. Plus we had Kona to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfggirl5454 View Post
I've never been to Epcot during morning EMH, but your pictures make me think maybe it would be worth getting out of bed that early. Also made me realize I miss Soaring. I haven't been on in a while since I always go to Disney with my sister and her baby's too young, and we haven't wanted to baby swap to ride alone, OR when we have gone with other friends, the waits were outrageous. Maybe I wouldn't mind riding alone though.
That actually wasn't EMH. It was just shortly after 9am! That's the best way to hit Epcot, before all the masses get out of bed!!

I would totally ride Soarin alone if I had to. Best ride ever!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #116
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We absolutely love entering Epcot through the I'tnl Gateway in the early morning We do not do am EMH but I am considering doing the pm EMH at Epcot our next trip since we can walk back and not have to deal with the bus crowds.

Your pics are lovely and making me long to return

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #117
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

We love walking through IG early in the morning- it's so peaceful.
Good call getting a Soarin ride in. Even if you're a little late for your ADR no biggie. We've been late lots of times.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #118
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wouldn't you know that I'd get all caught up and then we're leaving for our trip. Oh well, I'll just have to get caught back up again when we get back. I believe the pavilion that those crowds were coming from is the same pavilion that held Millennium Village back in 2000. If I remembering correctly, it's pretty large so I can just imagine how many folks ya'll encountered.

Yay for finally getting to ride Soarin' and for getting Fastpasses to boot.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #119
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We absolutely love entering Epcot through the I'tnl Gateway in the early morning We do not do am EMH but I am considering doing the pm EMH at Epcot our next trip since we can walk back and not have to deal with the bus crowds.

Your pics are lovely and making me long to return
Isn't it wonderful? We loved it at night too, no mad dash to the buses or monorail after IllumiNations. Just a leisurely stroll back to the room.

Glad you are enjoying the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
We love walking through IG early in the morning- it's so peaceful.
Good call getting a Soarin ride in. Even if you're a little late for your ADR no biggie. We've been late lots of times.
It was great, and we weren't even that late for our ADR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wouldn't you know that I'd get all caught up and then we're leaving for our trip. Oh well, I'll just have to get caught back up again when we get back. I believe the pavilion that those crowds were coming from is the same pavilion that held Millennium Village back in 2000. If I remembering correctly, it's pretty large so I can just imagine how many folks ya'll encountered.

Yay for finally getting to ride Soarin' and for getting Fastpasses to boot.
You know I have never noticed that building before in all my trips. Wish I hadn't seen it or all the people coming out of it this time!!

Have a safe and wonderful trip!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #120
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

After our quick morning flight on Soarin we went out the front entrance/exit of Epcot and to the monorail. We walked up that long ramp and waited only a few minutes for a monorail to come. Then we were off to the TTC! When we got off the monorail at the TTC it was 10:00. We could see the resort monorail had just pulled in so we ran over and switched to that monorail instead of walking to the Poly and we ended up checking in at Kona right at 10:05! Not bad!

We were given a beeper and waited about 5 minutes or so before it went off and we were seated.

Sorry, I tried to rotate this pic but it just wasn't happening on photobucket...

See the partition behind me in the above pic? Yeah, some kid beat on that for about 5-10 minutes straight before a CM at the podium finally said something to him. Not sure where his parents were, but obviously they weren't watching him or didn't give a crap! After pretty much 2 days of no sleep it was very irritating!!

Anyway, we all ordered. The usual! This was probably the 4th time we have been to Kona for breakfast, so we all knew just what we wanted. The Big Kahuna for DH. Tonga Toast for me. Pancakes & scrambled eggs for DS13. Although he did change it up a bit. Our server offered him blueberries or chocolate chips on his pancakes and he took her up on the chocolate chips!! He did look over at me and asked if it was okay. Sure why not, we are on vacation!!! And DS10 got French Toast.

We were all very happy with our meals as always! Although DH thinks his pancakes shrunk. I had to agree with him after he mentioned it. They used to be full size and come on a seperate plate from the rest of his breakfast, now they are tiny and are on the same plate. DS10 had about a third of my Tonga Toast. He takes a little more each time. I think next time he just might be ordering his own! He also had some of DS13's choc chip pancakes and he gave DS13 some of his french toast. We all left there very full!

Rating: 10 out of 10
Total Bill: $45.42

After breakfast we headed out back of the Poly to make our way to the TTC. I had just taken about 500 pictures of the Poly on our August trip, so I tried to only take a few here!

And pretty soon we had made our way to the TTC. It was HOT out. Must have been over 90 already and it wasn't even noon. We were expecting it to be warm but not that warm. Holy cow it felt way hotter than August did already.

Up Next: Back to Epcot

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: